First Grow - Dyna Gro? PH?

• Thread starter gr0wC0d3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gr0wC0d3

Hi im attempting my first grow.
Doing it outdoors in a greenhouse using Fast & Vast auto flower (they pulled me in on the name :S ).

It has gone ok so far, 1 major spidermite problem but i exterminated them soon enough.
I made a big mistake early on, i used soil with some slow release nutes. I have had to re-pot & it went well (surprisingly).
I have humidity problems as my greenhouse is on grass (im praying i dont get budrot) but it shall be moved to concrete soon.
1 of my babies has just started budding & now im looking for some nutes.
Ive read alot & dyna-gro seems to be one of the best however ive just seen a schedule on their site & it includes mag-pro, pro-tekt & bloom for flowering. Is this really needed?
Will the bloom be good enough on its own?
(im on a very tight budget & cant afford to get all 3) otherwise any1 know of other good cheap bloom nutes?

For veg (if auto-flowers have veg, ive seen some argue they dont) i used baby bio which is 10.6 - 1.9 - 1.4

Also while im here what is a cheap & easy way to increase PH of water? my PH is way off (below 5.0), i check the water most times & its always between 6.5-7.5 i guess that soil really was bad & i guess if i dont fix it it will creep up on me.
My watering/feeding hasn't been on a tight schedule, i try & water every 4 days but sometimes the soil is still wet & others they wilt before that. I have been sticking to water-water-water with nutes.

Finally can they handle high temps, recently we've had a mini heat wave & its been at least 30C in there, should i be worried about temps or will she still thrive?

Cheers gr0wC0d3

S

ssteely71

I can help you with your dyna gro questions. First off. Dyna gro is not organic and is salt based. To use it you will need to do at least 3 flushes during a single grow. One at end of veg. One mid flower and a final flush. This will keep salt from building up in your medium , which causes lockout. Also recommend that you use the full schedule of their nutes in recommended doses. But it is easy to adjust rates up and down as your plants tell you what they like. One last thing When you flip to flower you will need to mix the grow and bloom formulas 1:1 instead of just using the bloom , to supply cannabis with the correct nutes. Dyna gro was designed for orchids which need more P during flower than cannabis. Theses tips will help you in good ways. I've grown some great smoke with dyna gro nutes. Imo they are the best value for nutes out there.

Lots of good threads on dyna gro nutes on the web. Best of luck.

G

gr0wC0d3

Cheers for the reply,
yh i noticed high P i guess thats why the schedule i saw said use bloom, mag-pro & pro-tekt in flowering (nothing about grow)

mag-pro = 2-15-4
pro-tekt = 0-0-3
bloom = 3-12-6
grow = 7-9-5
They are autoflower & flowering shouldn't last more than 5 weeks (1 just hit flowering rest in veg)
Ive been using other nutes for veg which is 10.6-4.4-1.7
Grow would boost all but still boost more of P.
Would bloom & pro-tek be ok? as (from what ive read) they need less of N higher PK in flowering, the magpro (like the grow) boost them all but still more of P.

Flushing im still not 100%, as said i -water-water-water & nutes- would those 2 waterings count as a flush? I water until i get a fair bit outta the bottom before i stop filling her (or pause if it builds up on the top too much, poor drainage :/ ).
For big buds in flowering should i be adding nutes with every water then flush at the end? (I dont want chemically tasting buds & was planning to use only water for last week or 2).
Also would you still suggest mid-flower flush for less than 5 weeks of flowering?

Thanks again,
gr0wC0de

S

ssteely71

Cheers for the reply,
yh i noticed high P i guess thats why the schedule i saw said use bloom, mag-pro & pro-tekt in flowering (nothing about grow)
http://www.dyna-gro.com/Website pdf Files/DG Hydroponic Feeding Chart.pdf
mag-pro = 2-15-4
pro-tekt = 0-0-3
bloom = 3-12-6
grow = 7-9-5
They are autoflower & flowering shouldn't last more than 5 weeks (1 just hit flowering rest in veg)
Ive been using other nutes for veg which is 10.6-4.4-1.7
Grow would boost all but still boost more of P.
Would bloom & pro-tek be ok? as (from what ive read) they need less of N higher PK in flowering, the magpro (like the grow) boost them all but still more of P.

Flushing im still not 100%, as said i -water-water-water & nutes- would those 2 waterings count as a flush? I water until i get a fair bit outta the bottom before i stop filling her (or pause if it builds up on the top too much, poor drainage :/ ).
For big buds in flowering should i be adding nutes with every water then flush at the end? (I dont want chemically tasting buds & was planning to use only water for last week or 2).
Also would you still suggest mid-flower flush for less than 5 weeks of flowering?

Thanks again,
gr0wC0de
The key to using dyna gro nutes in soil is flushing. Flush with 3x the amount of water as pot size. At the very least twice during plants life. You will need more than watering to run off. This is just my opinion. More experienced farmers than me taught me this. If you don't flush you WILL get lockout from salt buildup.
Also don't expect anything to be finished in 5 weeks of flowering.........I'm positive not even an auto flower is that fast.
I'm an organic soil grower now but had great results with dyna grow. I did not study it's N-P-K values , I took my info from farmers before me who had perfected growing with dyna grow. I didn't question why I was told to use grow/bloom 1:1 in flower. I just followed instructions. So for you it might be something you want to tweak around with per your own intuitions. Here's a couple of pics of my grows using dyna gro. Best of luck !

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
If you're on a budget, just go with the dyna grow and protekt. They only made the bloom cause customers kept asking for a flowering nutrient. The bloom is good for a booster or getting lots of roots on clones, but not necessary to get you through flower. The dyna gro grow is balanced, so it has all the major and minor nutrients you'll need, and the protekt should help with the heat. Don't over think this, and don't buy the mag-pro. If you feel you really need the bloom, just pick up the smallest bottle they have, and use it sparingly for a booster. Its usually like 5 bucks at the nurseries. Do not follow the feeding chart on their website. I used 4ml/gallon grow and protekt for hydro and that was plenty. And follow @ssteely71 advice and flush.

G

gr0wC0d3

Thank you both, i think for this first one in flowering i will try the bloom & protekt.

The minor nutes are very similar between the grow & bloom the major difference being the NPK with the much higher N on the grow.
If its not going well after a few weeks i will get some of the grow aswell, this first one can be an experiment for the others so hopefully i have it sorted before they hit flowering.
Im not in the US & its going to cost me $20 for a single 8fl-oz bottle :/

As for the flowering time, its claimed fast & vast are 8 weeks from germination till harvest, i planted this first one at the start of april & we had poor weather so it has taken 7 weeks for her to start flowering; in the past few weeks she was growing very quickly in the heat wave.

I will flush her tonight & hopefully have the dyna-gro for the next watering.
Final question; are you both giving nutes with every watering?

If they turn out half as good as those steely i will be happy :)

S

ssteely71

When I used dyna gro I was on a water ,water , feed schedule. I'm an all organic super soil grower now. Best of luck !

P

Purpose420

It's just two plants just at different angles and times, but these are grown with dyna gro grow, dyna gro bloom molasses, some endo mycorrhizae I bought on ebay and a couple caps of super thrive, I think I had maybe 60$ in each plant 2 plants yielded 1.3 lbs. PS... I talk with the guy from dyna gro pretty often, and he tells me that you should never mix grow and bloom.

Last edited:
M

Mr.Fuego

Hey sorry to chime in late but I stumbled upon this thread and have a few questions about dynagro also. I've been using it for 6 months or so and ive been feeding 4 to 5 ml grow 2 to 3ml of mag pro and 2 or 3 ml protekt per five gallon bucket of RO water. Ph usually stabilizes itself with those ratios around 6.2 so I only lower it in early veg. I've been doing food food water with my ppm around 500 in veg and no more than 800 in flower (half their recommended dosage until they released their new feeding chart) but now they claim to use up to 10 ml in early flower with cannabis.. I know it's a gimic but I have been noticing slight N deficiencies after the stretch and sometimes cal, mag, or slight P and K def after week 5 or 6. Jw if i should give them 1 or 2 ml of grow with their bloom food the first few weeks or just up the flower nutes like the new chart says and hopefully get enough N in the process. I'd really appreciate it if someone had some info because I called dyna gro directly and didn't get far with the person I talked to

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Bump it up a little bit with the grow, it will help.

And if your feeding them in soil your going to need to do a mid season flush to clear out excess salts.

@ssteely71 Knows what hes talking about.
Best of luck.
Peace

Hey sorry to chime in late but I stumbled upon this thread and have a few questions about dynagro also. I've been using it for 6 months or so and ive been feeding 4 to 5 ml grow 2 to 3ml of mag pro and 2 or 3 ml protekt per five gallon bucket of RO water. Ph usually stabilizes itself with those ratios around 6.2 so I only lower it in early veg. I've been doing food food water with my ppm around 500 in veg and no more than 800 in flower (half their recommended dosage until they released their new feeding chart) but now they claim to use up to 10 ml in early flower with cannabis.. I know it's a gimic but I have been noticing slight N deficiencies after the stretch and sometimes cal, mag, or slight P and K def after week 5 or 6. Jw if i should give them 1 or 2 ml of grow with their bloom food the first few weeks or just up the flower nutes like the new chart says and hopefully get enough N in the process. I'd really appreciate it if someone had some info because I called dyna gro directly and didn't get far with the person I talked to

Top Bottom