First Grow From Seed Indoors (drunkenmacgyver)

• Thread starter herbmonger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Am I at a good place for Day 11?

• Yes, keep it up

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No, make a change

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
herbmonger

herbmonger

Any tips on transplanting seedlings from a tiny little soil bed? The humidity dome I bought was like 25% the size i thought it would be. I plan to just tip em on to my hand and gently break em up as usual but any help is appreciated I have never transplanted such tiny plants in such a confined space. Lesson learned.

herbmonger

herbmonger

Here we are at Day 29 in the tent. As you can see I've topped a handful of the Dream Cookies at node 3 for a traditional mainline with their shoots in a bin that is easily covered to induce flower for sexing.

Last watering for Dream Cookie was 3 days ago and was PH'd water with left over aloe pulp from the cloning. Did this after tilling in some of the Uprising Grow and Foundation. Light burning.

Watered seedlings with Ph'd water

Adding first compost tea (since potting) to Dream Cookie soil in one hour. Considering doing a dip for the Green Crack seedlings and Dream Cookie Clones. Not sure yet.

All is well, having fun. Thanks for observing

Dream Cookie Green Crack Day 29
herbmonger

herbmonger

Brewed my AACT/EWC and Molasses tea for 12 hours. It smelled sweet and earthy as it should.

Gave 6-8 cups of tea to all plants in 3 gal fabric pots as well as 2-4 cups intermittently. My intention was to rehydrate the soil thoroughly after letting it dry out for an extra day.

I decided that since there are no nutes -besides micro and trace elements- in my tea, to give a little to my seedlings that had been watered just earlier. So, I gave them all just a touch to revitalize their soil before they see the sun in a week or so.

After 10 minutes, everybody is still happy and healthy. Will check again before I'm off to sleep. The clones are a bit droopy but they always perk up during night time; I'm sure they will make it until I know their sex. (No, I did not apply the AACT in any way to the clones.. but i'm still interested in a foliar dip experiment haha)

Thanks again for tagging along

herbmonger

herbmonger

Noticed some signs of mag def in the younger seedlings and the older ones have very light green new growth so I figured a nutrient tea in between compost teas can't hurt. I added 3 TBLSP each of Roots Organic Uprising Grow and Foundation to 4 gallons of water. Placed in 5 gallon bucket with 2 large air stones and 2 small. Next will either be plain water or another EWC tea.

My clones are still in 12/12. Not worried about roots, even though it would be nice to have some more plants to put outside after my next round of seedlings. Checking everyday for signs of sex on my little clones.

The manifolding process is a learning/characterizing process to say the least. I have definitely broken 2 branches. I also topped down to the 3rd node on 1 plant and the nodes were completely different lengths. So I'm thinking to make space I will make cuttings out of these 1/2 manifolds that I've managed to LEARN FROM. Everybody else is doing great

Will post pics soon.

herbmonger

herbmonger

Watered in the tea. Did about 6 cups for the 3 gallon pots, 2 cups for the 1 gallon pots, and about 1 cup for the solo cup pots.

Watching...

So I'm thinking the remaining branches from the manifolds I've created that have snapped branches will be better off as clones.

I've had the clones/lateral shoots in the sexing chamber for at least a week now. Not seeing signs of sex but they are alive and it looks like they are trying to flower. Have them in saucers under a box. Any ideas for something to feed them?

herbmonger

herbmonger

Looking to keep my clones healthy as to speed up the sexing process and possibly even root them (in 12/12). I'm not sure how much longer it will take for them to show sex but the bin i'm using to cover them with is taking up a lot of room.

Fixed up 4 cups of ph'd water

Threw in 1.5 tsp of organic coconut water

Sprinkle of mykos

Aerating for a few hours to reduce chlorine content (I know I should start with dechlorinated water i just didn't have any on hand so I figured this should work for now)

herbmonger

herbmonger

Hey everybody! Trucking along here. Just got my wall mount oscillating fan up and did my first nutrient tea not from one bag! Will be posting pics of updated tent shortly. For now, here's a pic from the other day

Growgrowgrow
jipp

jipp

Hey everybody! Trucking along here. Just got my wall mount oscillating fan up and did my first nutrient tea not from one bag! Will be posting pics of updated tent shortly. For now, here's a pic from the other day
looking real good. keep up the good work.
also you gonna have a jungle in there real soon. heh.
chris.

herbmonger

herbmonger

looking real good. keep up the good work.
also you gonna have a jungle in there real soon. heh.
chris.
THANK YOU @jipp! One love!

I know it's filling up in there haha.. I haven't sexed any of these growing children yet. I'm looking every day at new growth to check the emerging growth for calyxes but it's still really hard to tell so I'm just letting them all go until I can spot the males. I really want to fill this tent up so pulling the males and continuing to veg the females would be ideal.

However I am moving at the end of August so I do need to flip the light by June 1st

herbmonger

herbmonger

Quick update, got the carbon filter up
-fed 2:1 base to grow for slight cal and mg def and some extra N for yellowing, dying lower leaves
-top dressed seedlings with ewc. gave them the water that i cleaned my air stones in
-switched ballast to 100% (1000w), raised light to 22" from highest top, raised fan board

Carbon filter
Is this a pistil i see
Is this an emerging pollen sac
jipp

jipp

heh, i was just reading through the post again.. and yeah man iv broke 2 branch's too training hah.

guess its just part of learning how to manipulate our plants. hope you have a fantastic day.

chris.

herbmonger

herbmonger

Thanks chris haha yeah it's been a hell of a learning experience. I enjoy knowing what they can handle now. One of the plants that I snapped clear in half is now one of my favorites. It's got like 10 tops and is very spaced out. My next grow I may not top so aggressively and just try some LST, maybe some more intensive super cropping. I topped all of my plants from the 6th node to the 3rd and wow did that slow things down. I'm eager to see how successful my training methods are in flower so I can chill out on the topping haha

4 weeks from the flip! Gonna start foliar feeding Neptune's Harvest fish/seaweed mix and top dressing in my bloom nutes in 2 weeks to get the P and K breaking down and starting to cycle

Can anybody tell sex from two pics of clones up there^? Why's it so much harder to sex indoors..

herbmonger

herbmonger

Spent today's dark hours rearranging my ventilation. I'm now pushing 440 CFM of fresh outside air through my hood and out the window. I am also pulling 270 CFM directly through my carbon filter and out the window as well. I am not aware of the exact operating CFM of the fans due to bends and filtration.

I did some "stealth" work and covered the end of my ducting (intake and exhaust by windows) with bubble bags. I then hung a mandala over the window and kinda just poked the ducting out through the cracks. It's not super obvious what the ducting is from outside. Still working on making stuff even less visible while still functional/optimal.

Got some weird drying/yellowing of lower leaves and some slightly higher up fan leaves but it seems to be working itself out with the teas, nutes + slowly improving environment. Will post pics soon. Wondering if anyone is reading this thread haha

I recently mulched with some microbe food-soaked straw and I'm wondering the best way to top dress. Do I mix it into the straw or do i lift the straw and lightly till it into the soil? Let's see what happens. Whoo!

herbmonger

herbmonger

Update, veg day 66. Experiencing some deficiencies but things are still relatively stable.

Water in ph 6.6-6.8
Runoff ph 6.6-6.8

I've deduced that this is not a lockout. As the soil ph seems very stable.

I recently top dressed flowering and base nutes. They must not be fully cycling yet. I decided to foliar feed Neptune's fish/seaweed at 1 oz/gal as recommended. i hit the bottoms and tops of leaves over and over again after raising my light. lights off in 2 hours

I recently acquired some humus to accompany my ewc in teas and top dresses
Very excited. Teas are seeming to be successful as i always see accelerated growth.

Once deficiencies are straightened out i will do a 1" fungally active humus under straw mulch. Then off to bloom.

Creme brûlée nugs have me all over this morning! Thanks to anyone and everyone tagging along. I did not post pics of my plants for a while because I did not want to seem like a noob with all these def.'s. but heres a couple pics of the 3 fem

I am using Roots organic uprising bloom and foundation. Anyone with experience?? I've been using teaspoons worth. maybe i'm not using enough since i'm pretty much using it as a standalone fert with the fish/seaweed for extra micros and beneficials.

Thanks!

Tent currently
Plant 1 overview
Plant 2 overview
Plant 3 overview K def
Another iron mag mang boron same plant
Iron Mang Mag Boron def whats goin on man
N def lst
herbmonger

herbmonger

Btw the plants that I believe to be male I am giving 48 hours of darkness because i'm sick of the shit and i wanna be sure before i fuck these bitches up

herbmonger

herbmonger

Within an hour all 3 of the plants in the tent + the super glue runt have begun looking more healthy. I can see the green coming back to a lot of the smaller fan leaves

jipp

jipp

im following along. :D hope you are having a kick ass day.
its good to hear they are coming back.

iv been learning about deficiency with my solo cup entry..

i have a cal-mag lock out, which took out my potassium.. and now my poor solo cup looks like shit and is on its death bed.. but im not giving up yet, laughs.. if i would of known that potassium deficiency was the first part of a cal-mag deficiency i wo0uld of never had to deal with this shit. hah live and learn.. but i know what to do on my next solo cup (and picky strains in the future that love cal-mag). im growing another iv learn so much from the fucking thing. hha

anyhow yeah man, im learning so much.. im keeping it stupid simple im just using maxsea fert, and maxsea bloom.. the shit works and dirt cheap.. perfect fof a cheap ass like me. hah

i hope you have a kick ass day.
chris.

p.s
im to high to edit. hah

Latest posts

Top Bottom