First Grow, How Close To Harvest?

• Thread starter KaptainKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Im coming up on week 8 but i have a buddy who grows in Michigan who has seen the photos im about to post and says to him theyre close to ready. So basically im looking for a second opinion. I dont have a scope but i have a badass camera on my phone so heres the best 2 i got

20171109 152451
MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

Im coming up on week 8 but i have a buddy who grows in Michigan who has seen the photos im about to post and says to him theyre close to ready. So basically im looking for a second opinion. I dont have a scope but i have a badass camera on my phone so heres the best 2 i got
Nice. It all depends on what you like. Mostly clear, zippy head high not lasting long. Cloudy with some clear, perfect for me. Good head high. The trichomes are peaking with THC. Cloudy with amber. The plant is heading from a THC high to medicinal quality. Then couch lock, being heavy with degrading trichomes. Don't care for the amber so much. Looking at yours without a scope, I think I'm seeing a lot of amber. But at 8 weeks maybe it's the lighting. I've harvested buds being almost 100% clear due to growing issues. Loved every puff.

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

I see Amber everywhere. Cut that lady down and dry her.

K

kansabis

I see Amber everywhere. Cut that lady down and dry her.
Yeah but it could be from lighting,I've made that,mistake before as,I,like mine just the same as MGG and I thought,I,let it go too long,pulled out the plant and realized they were all still mostly clear lol,but it does look like its within its harvest window.

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

The LG V30 has the best camera I've ever seen on any phone so i gotta give it its props.. I figured they werent done yet. Still got some white hairs standing up. Just gonna keep a close eye on am for another weel or so. Tomorrow will be 8 weeks since flip.

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Took more pictures today. Still have not harvested the 2 i believe are close to harvest. Here are more and probably better pictures for yall to base your expert opinions on. I just dont wanna over cook them lol

They look great. I see your flowers a lot better now. You do have lots of amber trichome in your sugar leaves. This could be light damage. However overall I still see your flowers producing new pistols. This means they may stack on again for you. Keep them watered and warm. I would suggest you look at the following things.
1 The amount you larger leaves are currently fading ( turning yellow like in the fall). You want to be able to trim all of the yellowed leaf off when you trim your buds. So dont allow the fade in your green matter to reach into the part you will be keeping to smoke. Your flowers are not yet at this point.
2 How many and how often are they adding new white pistols. Your flowers appear to have about 20 percent new flowering sites you want it to have stopped or be limited to scattered new sites. To me this suggests they are still building the flower mass. However some strains will keep stacking until they are dead.
3 Calyx look at the place were the red or white hairs ( pistols) come out of the flower. Have they gotten fat and round? do they look like they are swelling with a seed inside? Most strains should do this even though there is no seed inside.
The best thing I ever learned about when to harvest and the hardest thing to do is this: When you feel they are done wait another week then harvest them.
All this being said. I personally think you have at least a week or two left before these girls will be ready. Hope any of this helped.

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Appreciate it man. 3 of 4 look really good. So for my first grow im pleased. These were grown under 8 cree cxb3590s. The other plant i believe is going thru a phosphorus def. Purpling stem and leaves. Trying to fix the issue but 8 weeks into flowering and the buds are no where near the size or as mature as the others.

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Its a blue dream strain. And the only one thats doing it and their all on the same feeding schedule. I asumed it was a strain that reacted differently to nutes..idk tho lol

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So i harvested the white widow today. Got her hanging up and drying. Im pretty sure she was ready. My next question is, how long does the dry and cure process take before theyre able to be bagged and sold?

Thanks.
hang them for 2 weeks as close to 60 degrees as you can get and keep the rh at 60 too..
Then trim them and throw them in a bucket with lid, and a rh meter.Check it in 6 hrs.. If its over 60 dump it all on the table and let it dry for couple hrs,, When it feels crispy again, throw it back in the bucket and put the lid on.
Check it the next day?
Over 60?
Repeat process every day untill its below 60. Then you can take you a hand full and put the lid back on,,,
You can smoke on that hand full while the rest cures a lil longer..
But its marketable with in a few days of getting under 55%rh

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

hang them for 2 weeks as close to 60 degrees as you can get and keep the rh at 60 too..
Then trim them and throw them in a bucket with lid, and a rh meter.Check it in 6 hrs.. If its over 60 dump it all on the table and let it dry for couple hrs,, When it feels crispy again, throw it back in the bucket and put the lid on.
Check it the next day?
Over 60?
Repeat process every day untill its below 60. Then you can take you a hand full and put the lid back on,,,
You can smoke on that hand full while the rest cures a lil longer..
But its marketable with in a few days of getting under 55%rh

I appreciate your informative respon. Idont want to speed up an already slow process and ruim a harvest because I got impatient towards the end. Right now my drying tent is at 75 RT and 54 RH. Is there anything i should change about those numbers? RT seems a bit high.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom