First Grow Need Help

• Thread starter Boomshankar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dan1989

dan1989

Check out my current run. This was in coco
@dan1989
Leaf mortality is controlled by the plant. It isn't always a negative reason. Death of cotyledons is the first preprogrammed leaf death caused by release of the terminal hormone known as oxidase. The reason for this is that cotyledons are not needed after true leaves grow in. Oxidase is what allows leaves to succumb to oxidation.

@Boomshankar
Your plants look happy overall. Consider more aeration component. I make my own soil but if I bought a cubic foot of fox farms or something I would add an additional gallon of aeration out the gate.

Learned something new, thanks for the info!

Organikz

Organikz

I just learned about it. Interesting stuff. I have a better grasp now. Oxidase is actually in the DNA code. The function of oxidase is to sacrifice weakened cells or cells that are not needed anymore so that energy may be utilized in creating new cells rather than trying to repair cells that are Beyond repair. This stuff is blowing my mind to man

dan1989

dan1989

Basically my first comment on this thread is now null and void. Any mods reading this please delete my first post, don't wanna misrepresent the science :D

Boomshankar

Boomshankar

I want to grow no more than 2 plants at a time, my box is 3 wide n 4 tall. Should I buy the 200w or 250w led light?

Monster762

Monster762

I want to grow no more than 2 plants at a time, my box is 3 wide n 4 tall. Should I buy the 200w or 250w led light?
More light the better. Neither is overkill for the space . I got 10 2 ft t5 bulbs and a 600w led in a 4x4. I would go with the 250 if your set in those 2 lights.

Boomshankar

Boomshankar

More light the better. Neither is overkill for the space . I got 10 2 ft t5 bulbs and a 600w led in a 4x4. I would go with the 250 if your set in those 2 lights.
Yo I am getting a 600W Full Spectrum LED Grow Light For Hydroponics Vegetables and Flowering Plants Red+Blue+UV+IR for 107$

Monster762

Monster762

My 600 can have plant 18 inches under it in flow
Yo I am getting a 600W Full Spectrum LED Grow Light For Hydroponics Vegetables and Flowering Plants Red+Blue+UV+IR for 107$
yeah that’s what I have. Uv ir are good but can burn. You want in flower though. What brand. Did you look at the amount of red to blue and wavelengths. And the par at different distances. Most have it all in the details. The loss over space may be in the pictures got to scroll them to the right.

Dewd

Dewd

Plain soil with out fertiliser is what I have been told. I have marked this soil gets stiff if its dry
I have ordered proper potting mix will arrive in 3-4 days. I hope the plant makes it till there, any advice?
If you are growing in real soil then mix your nutes half strength from what the bottles say and pH to 6.5
Let me know what kind of potting mix you get. Most mixes are a combo of coco, peat and perlite.
These should be treated more like hydro. Ph your nutes to 5.9.
If you are in dirt or potting mix you should always water until you get runoff. 10-20%
Then let the medium dry out before watering again.
Depending on what soil/soil less mix you get. (Some come with nutes in the soil and some dont)
A common practice is feed, feed water

Boomshankar

Boomshankar

I
My 600 can have plant 18 inches under it in flow

yeah that’s what I have. Uv ir are good but can burn. You want in flower though. What brand. Did you look at the amount of red to blue and wavelengths. And the par at different distances. Most have it all in the details. The loss over space may be in the pictures got to scroll them to the right.
It is generic. Nothing mentioned about wavelengths or amount of red to blue. Posting some pic plz advice

20171213 010734
20171213 010756
20171213 010818
Monster762

Monster762

Pics won’t help they all look the same pretty much. My light looks just like that with 2 switches. Just tell me the brand n I can look it up.

Monster762

Monster762

Yeah that’s weird. It don’t say a brand. It has 600 x1w led chips. Claims they are free chips. So idk. At $100 I’d run it n see what it can do. With 1w chips I don’t expect it to have a lot of reach. Start out around 30 inches off the top of plant and adjust as you go. Mine is 200x3w led chips. Both = 700w equivalent. It doesn’t list actual wattage from the wall either. Mine is around 250 at the wall. But if it is actually Cree chips as it says it should be ok.

Monster762

Monster762

7CA2A7F2 7CD1 40F8 979D 2178C024D221
Yeah that’s weird. It don’t say a brand. It has 600 x1w led chips. Claims they are free chips. So idk. At $100 I’d run it n see what it can do. With 1w chips I don’t expect it to have a lot of reach. Start out around 30 inches off the top of plant and adjust as you go. Mine is 200x3w led chips. Both = 700w equivalent. It doesn’t list actual wattage from the wall either. Mine is around 250 at the wall. But if it is actually Cree chips as it says it should be ok.
This all it says Says 15000 lumens initial output so it will need to be close. Not real close on baby plants though. They are real sensitive to leds I learned. I put almost 30000 lumens at canopy. But according to what everyone says lumens mean nothing. It’s par that has to do with plants. I think it’ll work just watch it at first n adjust to where it’s close enough but not too close to plants

Boomshankar

Boomshankar

View attachment 764053
This all it says Says 15000 lumens initial output so it will need to be close. Not real close on baby plants though. They are real sensitive to leds I learned. I put almost 30000 lumens at canopy. But according to what everyone says lumens mean nothing. It’s par that has to do with plants. I think it’ll work just watch it at first n adjust to where it’s close enough but not too close to plants
Found one with some details of red and blue and wavelengths I guess. have a look

Screenshot 20171213 190803
Screenshot 20171213 190742
Monster762

Monster762

Yeah that has amount red to blue n all. Way high in blue to red not good for flower. And it says 100w equivalent and then says 300w per bulb. There is no bulbs and 100 watt eq is real weak. Specs don’t add up. The other looked better. Not sure where your located but if in USA look at amazon. Brand hollandstar has some good red and galaxy hydro gas real good red. Both around $100. I’m looking at the 1000-1500w hollandstar. Might put 2 in my 4x8 I’m building with the 4 ft 8 bulb t5 I got waiting on the space. Got to start getting it ready.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Welcome to the farm brotha.
Let me know if you want to keep this thread as a Grow diary and we can move it to the proper section. More traffic that way as well

Boomshankar

Boomshankar

Welcome to the farm brotha.
Let me know if you want to keep this thread as a Grow diary and we can move it to the proper section. More traffic that way as well
Thank you Thejoeybrown, sure I would love to keep this thread as a grow diary and share my experiences with all as a first time grower.

Top Bottom