First Time DIY UC

• Thread starter alvatron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

alvatron

Hello All,

I've been a DWC grower for a few years now. Finally decided to go forward with UC and finish my DIY. Consist of six 5 gallon black buckets, 500 gph inline fan, 1/4 water chiller, 1 1/4" pipe, 110 liter air pump, 8" round air stone in each bucket, dual hose portable AC, close loop air cool hood, 4k lights, and 6" inline fan for fresh air.

My babies are Original Sour Diesel cut (not ECSD or NYSD). Veggy them for 3 weeks and flip them at 18" during flower with a constant 77 degree during lights on and 70 degree lights off.

Now, whoever say AN sucks in UC, they really need to learn how to grow in hydro again. My experience so far with UC have been rocking. I'm currently using the professional grower level and both me and my plants are loving it. Their perfect PH is soo true, my PH has been stable at 5.4 throughout the veggy and now flower without having to add any PH up or down.

Attach is 2 pics of my babies just before I flip them and the last 2 are of my babies at 4 weeks.

Let me know what you guys think of my grow?

First time diy uc
First time diy uc 2
First time diy uc 3
First time diy uc 4
First time diy uc 5
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
looks good man - one little thing though - you should put that air pump up higher then the buckets - if the power goes out that could make a mess

A

alvatron

looks good man - one little thing though - you should put that air pump up higher then the buckets - if the power goes out that could make a mess

My air line runs though the top side of the bucket so there's no worry about air pump failing and water back flowing. I have tested it before placing them in there and there's no leak or back flow of anything. Thanks for asking

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

My air line runs though the top side of the bucket so there's no worry about air pump failing and water back flowing. I have tested it before placing them in there and there's no leak or back flow of anything. Thanks for asking

Subbed..

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Plants looking good

Heads up as after running for a while then turning off, stones and hose can syphon up and out of a container.....might consider a check valve if you plan on keeping it beneath water level IMO

Also problematic if you run CO2 given it sinks to the floor where the air pump is.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
lol all you have to do is put the air pump up on a crate or something so its not below the water level

I gaurantee that the directions to that (and every air pump sold) tell you not to place it below the water line

A

alvatron

//What AN are you using?
Mega, I'm using the professional grower level which consist of:
For veggy stage, I'm using Sensi grow A, sensi grow B, B-52, voodoo juice, and tarantula. For flower stage, I'm using Sensi Bloom A, Sensi Bloom B, voodoo juice, B-52, big bud, bud candy, over drive, tarantula, nirvana, and sensizym. My schedule is 7 weeks nutes and 1 week flush with RO water.

lol all you have to do is put the air pump up on a crate or something so its not below the water level

I gaurantee that the directions to that (and every air pump sold) tell you not to place it below the water line
Motherlode, I'm pretty sure you are giving me and everyone an excellent suggestion and concern, but I have turn off power to my air pump for more than an an hour to test out if the water will flow back into the air pump, this is before putting my babies into the system, but after an hour of power shut-off, my floor was still dry and no water flowing back into the air pump. My conclusion is that if the air line is higher than the water line inside the bucket (about 4-5"), with low water pressure inside the system, the water can't back flow and flood the air pump and floor. It's been tried and done by me in the past with DWC and with several successful harvest.

Now if the air hose is enter at the bottom of the bucket or below the water line, I would agree on getting a check valve to prevent back flow.

Thank you for your concern Motherlode

A

alvatron

update, here is my Sour Diesel at 7 weeks, as of right now, I am flushing them with just RO water and nothing more. They are heavily covered in sugar and the diesel smell is so strong that I had to add another carbon filter just to keep the smell from escaping. Will be chopping them next week, looking forward to smoking some smooth tasty Sour Diesel.

:bong-hits::bong-hits:

IMG 3136
IMG 3144
IMG 3146
IMG 3135
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
nice and chunky - love it when the buds envelope the leaves

2DogWalker

Alva bro,

That DIY UC killed it with you at the helm man! Very nice work!! Those are some serious colas...

Respect
2DogWalker

A

alvatron

Alva bro,

That DIY UC killed it with you at the helm man! Very nice work!! Those are some serious colas...

Respect
2DogWalker

Thank you for the compliments motherload and 2DogWalker, this is my first time running with a DIY undercurrent and I'm enjoying the ease of flushing and less maintenance of the plants in this system. I haven't experience no equipments failure in my grow room yet and with the 1 1/4" pipes that I'm using at the moment, I haven't encounter any clog roots yet. Will post my roots and finish weight after I'm done chopping these beautiful Sour Diesel babies next week.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Very nice brother. Can't wait to get my half/half done. Half DIY and Half UC system. Now if my momma's would grow faster...LOL.

Totally killed this brother... nice job!

P

pntbrake

can you post your nute schedule with AN? Im currently using dutch and my fruits didnt get as massive as that (topped out at 950 ppm on .5). Im thinking it was either nutes or low humidity. VEry high quality but just not full like yours.

My buddy is using AN in a slightly different system and his fruits look like yours..

Any thoughts...

A

alvatron

can you post your nute schedule with AN? Im currently using dutch and my fruits didnt get as massive as that (topped out at 950 ppm on .5). Im thinking it was either nutes or low humidity. VEry high quality but just not full like yours.

My buddy is using AN in a slightly different system and his fruits look like yours..

Any thoughts...

** Remember, everyone's grow will be different due to individual grow room condition and strain.

**The key to producing good fruits is the right growing conditions, enough foods for the plants, and TLC.

Well, I'm following the AN nute schedules on their site . I choose to go with the professional grower level, but skip piranha, nirvana, and final flush, as I didn't see any use for it.

I flush my babies every week with clearex (10mil per gallon) for 1 hour then drain it, follow by plain tap water for 1 hr then drain it, then I would mix all my nutes (one at a time) into a big 32 gal tote, then I'd pump it into my system.

Here's what I notice about my Sour Diesel:
During the week 1-4 (plants don't drink much), I starts out half nutes at week 1, then slowly up the nutes during week 2 and full strenght by week 3 and 4. I would top off my system with just RO water (no calmag), but in week 5-7 (they are drinking alot by now), I don't top off with RO water, I keep adding more nutes as needed (they will drink alot with B-52) and flush on a weekly schedule. On the final week, I would flush with clearex for 3 hrs and then use RO water (no calmag) for leeching the nutes out of my babies.

My grow room temp has been a stable 75 during lights on and 65 during lights off, rh is between 40% and 50%. I have a close loop light system, portable dual hose AC (set temp at 70 degree), water chiller (set to 65 degree), 6" vortex fan for fresh air intake on a fan controller, 2 12" fans on the floor opposite each others (blows fresh air to the underside of the plants), 2 18" wall mount fans (blow fresh air to the topside of the plants), and lots of timers.

Hopefully this little information will help you, but everyone will be having different growing condition and if you want my full nute schedule, pm me and I'd be glad to email you u a copy of my schedule sheet.

Top Bottom