First Time Dwc Grow

• Thread starter Jester4207
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jester4207

This is me and my friends first time working with this type of system any tip are encouraged

J

Jester4207

H

heisen

I don't recommend DWC without a water chiller and beneficial bacteria's combined,I see this one destin to fail.I would put them plants in coco or straight hydro-ton and do a drip system kinda like dutch buckets.Just have the solutions gravity drain back to the resovior and a small pump putting the solutions in at the top using a ring or small hose.
Coco just top feed as needed no drip.
When your ready to try dwc your gonna need more than just some buckets.

J

Jester4207

We have the stone's keeping track of the ph the temperature it's going good so far

H

heisen

is that 4 buckets in a 2x4?
Yeah but hes good cause the blurple wont take them to far,He can prob add a couple more to be honest.Brown spotting will come first,Followed by phosphorous necrosis,coupled by severe leaf tacoing and ending in yellow leaves and lastly a slow death.No need to defoliate,Once the roots get the slime or brown algae the leaves will self defoliate,

Last edited:
scubascrog

scubascrog

It's good to get the forum involved on your planning stage before you drop money on a bunch of stuff next time tho! :) this can still be your planning phase!!!

scubascrog

scubascrog

and grow equipment doesn't go bad, when you got the space and lights for 4 buckets you have it now eh?

J

Jester4207

and grow equipment doesn't go bad, when you got the space and lights for 4 buckets you have it now eh?
Well we figured there would be some errors in the beginning I know we could probably use a better light but everything is growing fine so far it's not like the tent is crowded if this batch goes bad then we'll switch it up until we get it right we are trying to get serious about this I don't mind if your brutality honest could use the feedback

Westie

Westie

For indoor... Regardless of medium. One needs to have everything in place to be in control of temperature and humidity for the environment.

J

Jester4207

Going to work with what we got for now do what we can to keep them alive and not catch anything work on getting a better light and a RDWC set up

S

Shawnery

I say just add a res outside of the room and you'll be fine without the cooler. It's not that hard or expensive to easily make that an rdwc.

scubascrog

scubascrog

I say just add a res outside of the room and you'll be fine without the cooler. It's not that hard or expensive to easily make that an rdwc.
No matter how much thermal mass you throw at the equation its not gonna help. its not the heat from the light thats gonna heat the water its the ambient temperature in the room indoors itself. unless you are going to keep your place ac'd to a chill 65 degrees at all times....

Top Bottom