First Time Grower In Need Of Help

• Thread starter RangerDanger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RangerDanger

First time growing and in need of help please.
What I have..
24”x24”x60” tent
T5 lamp x4 bulbs
4” CFM Fan booster w/ carbon filter
Fan clip
3x smart pots
Ph & EC meters
I’m planning on growing some white widow autos. I need to get soil and nutes but I’m hesitant on buying them because I’ve heard and read how sensitive autos are. Any suggestions on what soil and nutes to get, also anything else that I should buy to help my grow out. Much appreciated!

R

RangerDanger

Changed my mind to grow Girl Scout cookies instead. I’m also going to use root riot plugs.

Monster762

Monster762

FD376B28 793A 4968 9BBE 39D5B51BA46C
95C42EB9 0D3A 47DA 9F4E E6B8373E5EEA
59F34CAD 1282 44AF B36D E8712B265B56
9F75B219 9DDD 4894 82C7 495CF136682F
Changed my mind to grow Girl Scout cookies instead. I’m also going to use root riot plugs.
Root riots seem to work pretty good. On my first bag of them but so far 10 out of 12 popped. I think they might be better than jiffy pellets. Easier. I’ve got couple autos going. Honestly not impressed with autos so far. No burn just dwarfed plants photoperiods are litterally stomping the autos. And soil is 100% the same. All mixed in big trash bags. The autos just ain’t doing nothing. They’d be in the trash already. But I will run em out n see what happens. I know the soil is not hot. The health of the photoperiods clearly says it’s the autos not soil or grow method. You’ll easily be able to tell the autos. All at 3 weeks from seed. Like I said. Not impressed with autos. And there is so much more to photoperiods. Cloning training etc. all that stuff you have no time for with an Auto. If your not in a big rush and really want something nice I’d run photoperiod also a lot easier to learn on. Autos are not easy.if it’s not perfect when you put em in ground your already affecting the harvest. And I hear the smoke from autos never compares with a full grown photoperiods buds either. Quality or size. And that’s 2 different rooms with different spectrums. The autos the only things slacking.

dan1989

dan1989

That small critical Jack looks like it's struggling with too much light in my opinion. Looks exactly like my friends killer kush auto he killed with light

DGP

DGP

GSC can be a finicky bitch. Low yielding but high quality. Considered difficult to grow. Probably not too good for first timers.

Autos are good for limited space cause they don't get real tall but they have no time to recover when mistakes are made.

Northern Lights
Godberry

Dee

Monster762

Monster762

That small critical Jack looks like it's struggling with too much light in my opinion. Looks exactly like my friends killer kush auto he killed with light
You think so? I mean it is possible it’s under 1200w cob but the other is under a t5 with blue bulbs about 18 inches from canopy. It’s even smaller. I can put the autos in a lower light situation n see what happens. At this point definately can’t hurt. They’re now like 25 days in. And say 55-65 days from seed to harvest. Idk if I’m believing that though.

dan1989

dan1989

You think so? I mean it is possible it’s under 1200w cob but the other is under a t5 with blue bulbs about 18 inches from canopy. It’s even smaller. I can put the autos in a lower light situation n see what happens. At this point definately can’t hurt. They’re now like 25 days in. And say 55-65 days from seed to harvest. Idk if I’m believing that though.

Just comparing it to what I've personally seen, just looks very similar. I could be badly wrong of course

Monster762

Monster762

Just comparing it to what I've personally seen, just looks very similar. I could be badly wrong of course
Yeah I’m far from a pro. I tried to mix up a good soil n not make all my old mistakes of rushing. So far it’s paying off but just I’m not ready for autos. Really got to have stuff right from the start. I did just put the lights to top of tent after thinking about what you said but I’m now noticing that’s not too high. Once floor in and lights hung lose almost 2 ft off the top.

Bigdawg15009

Bigdawg15009

Check these out.

Instead of using string and hoping you have somewhere to tie to when training your plants get these they are amazing. Clip to the side of your pot or press it into the dirt where ever you need them to go. Check out the pics i use them every day less stress on me and my plants during training.

Top Bottom