First Time Growing In Dwc/indoors. Should I Be Concerned With My Leaves?

• Thread starter croptopper11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
croptopper11

croptopper11

First time growing in dwcindoors should i be concerned with my leaves
decided to give this indoor grow a try with dwc, ive grown outdoors for years but never paid as close attention as I’ve been since starting these young ladies. my leaves are looking a little funny. i did start noticing the curling of the leaves a few days after i lowered the light from 24” to 18” so i have moved the light back up. could have been caused from the light but any help or input is appreciated.

*growing setup*
im running a mars reflector96 LED in a 2’x4’x7’ tent, 5gallon dwc with dinafem blue widow 20 days from seed. tent temp 75-80 during the day 66-70 degrees at night, humidity 50-60%.. water temp 62-69 degrees. ph-5.8 ppm 800-825. running foxfarm nutes: grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom.

First time growing in dwcindoors should i be concerned with my leaves 2
First time growing in dwcindoors should i be concerned with my leaves 3
First time growing in dwcindoors should i be concerned with my leaves 4
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

View attachment 758761 decided to give this indoor grow a try with dwc, ive grown outdoors for years but never paid as close attention as I’ve been since starting these young ladies. my leaves are looking a little funny. i did start noticing the curling of the leaves a few days after i lowered the light from 24” to 18” so i have moved the light back up. could have been caused from the light but any help or input is appreciated.

*growing setup*
im running a mars reflector96 LED in a 2’x4’x7’ tent, 5gallon dwc with dinafem blue widow 20 days from seed. tent temp 75-80 during the day 66-70 degrees at night, humidity 50-60%.. water temp 62-69 degrees. ph-5.8 ppm 800-825. running foxfarm nutes: grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom.
Yes huge problem, you're running 800
Ppms on a light that you shouldn't be going past 500 in bloom with. Cut that strength to 250 ppms, your plant is over fertilized

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

View attachment 758761 decided to give this indoor grow a try with dwc, ive grown outdoors for years but never paid as close attention as I’ve been since starting these young ladies. my leaves are looking a little funny. i did start noticing the curling of the leaves a few days after i lowered the light from 24” to 18” so i have moved the light back up. could have been caused from the light but any help or input is appreciated.

*growing setup*
U got them walk8ng the green mile.......

croptopper11

croptopper11

*growing setup*
Are the roots in the water

yea the roots are in the water but not fully. water is about 4" from bottom of the net pot and doing good as far as i can tell..

IMG 0328
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

yea the roots are in the water but not fully. water is about 4" from bottom of the net pot and doing good as far as i can tell..
They got pythium..
Your heading for trouble quick..
Well honestly you are in some as we speak..

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

A lot of guys leave their water below the netpot a couple inches, I find the roots stay more healthy when they are submerged up into the netpot by two to three inches. The only time I expose air to the roots is in bloom because it helps the plant produce bigger yeilds and by that time the roots are like 100 times bigger by that point anyways

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

A lot of guys leave their water below the netpot a couple inches, I find the roots stay more healthy when they are submerged up into the netpot by two to three inches. The only time I expose air to the roots is in bloom because it helps the plant produce bigger yeilds and by that time the roots are like 100 times bigger by that point anyways
And I don't use hydroguard or h202. What is your water temperature at?

croptopper11

croptopper11

And I don't use hydroguard or h202. What is your water temperature at?
my temps stay between 63-67.5 degrees..sunday night i noticed slight oder when pulled the lid on my auto bucket and noticed a couple roots floating in the water. last night i could smell soon as i went in the room. told the wife i was gonna toss the auto no questions. its been a rough start for her, i really dont see it doing much. go back to the room open the tent and the damn thing looks bettet then it ever has, decided to give her 1 more day lol..been thinking of what i might have done to cause issues. after res change friday issues seemed to start on both the girls not just the auto. im wondering if i accidentally switch the buckets didnt clean the autos bucket good enough and passed the issues to the BW. another thing, i use frozen bottles to keep res temps down, if the roots sit aound the frozen bottle canttt be makin life any easier smh..

croptopper11

croptopper11

i was reading last night not to cover ur buckets fully because it keeps gases and what not from escaping. and of course i have been wrapping my buckets around sides and top with towels (photo). thinking it would be temporary solution until i get to lowes.

0A106811 7499 4403 9C61 82C5384C9AC1
chemistry

chemistry

I would leave the ice out. The odder will be the root rot, you need some sort of zyme to get rid of it. I don't know what it's called in your line up, I use Canna, and my zyme is Cannzyme in my line up. Every time you empty your rez your PH will wobble until it settles down.

chemistry

chemistry

i was reading last night not to cover ur buckets fully because it keeps gases and what not from escaping. and of course i have been wrapping my buckets around sides and top with towels (photo). thinking it would be temporary solution until i get to lowes.

Why are you rapping with towels? Closed buckets don't make any difference, only easier to pick up with out tipping your plant out onto the floor. The buckets I'm using have screw on lids.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

order the smallest thing of +life you can get.
Your gonna have to use beneficial bacteria to kill the bad bacteria...
Im at work, but I try to chime in after work,,, many hrs from now...
im here to help tho!
unwrap the buckets thats goofy..
the frozen soda bottles are all right but will not work on its own

croptopper11

croptopper11

Why are you rapping with towels? Closed buckets don't make any difference, only easier to pick up with out tipping your plant out onto the floor. The buckets I'm using have screw on lids.
my thinking behind the towels were tht i would wrap my buckets to help keep my res temps until i can get some water heater insulation to put around the buckets, didnt want the black buckets drawing heat..i dont mean closed as far as the lid on the buckets,i keep them closed and open them as little as possible.my understanding in the article i was reading, if you have something covering ur hydroton that ur effecting the way "gases" from the res escape. naturally they go up, if ur covering the hydroton ur preventing to some degree how anything will escape the thru the top? idk just something i came across and it seems to make some sense?

croptopper11

croptopper11

I would leave the ice out. The odder will be the root rot, you need some sort of zyme to get rid of it. I don't know what it's called in your line up, I use Canna, and my zyme is Cannzyme in my line up. Every time you empty your rez your PH will wobble until it settles down.
i hate putting the frozen bottles in the res but for now it was the quickest, cheapest way for a temporary fix. but at the same time i worry all day long at work about them damn bottle being frozen and the roots sitting on or around the bottles. with this being my first dwc i decided to only try 2 plants this go round because i was fully expecting some mistakes, possibly a big F up somewhere, and learning from it all at the same time and not wanting to wipe out my bean supply on the first attempt. seems like im right on schedule with expecting some mistakes and learning what not to do! lmao

croptopper11

croptopper11

im here to help tho!

thanks
im here to help tho!

i appreciate any advice and help i can get, thank u..my question is do i have enough time to order something and wait for it to get here before the ladies decide to check out for good?? i had the top of just my auto covered orginally because i noticed some openings thru the net pot (didnt have enough hydroton to fill all the way) and didnt want that light hitting the water and causing me more problems. seems like i did way more harm than good this week all around smh..

G

GreenLifeO

What i learned the hard way.

RUN A LIVE RES...no ph, light, high temp or ppm worries. I dont understand why the forums dont tell newbs to start all organic/live res. It takes all the bullshit out of dwc. In soil u would add micros to ur soil via teas.

ALWAYS USE MYCORRIZAE...Mykos samples are 2x 100oz for $8 on Amazon. Anytime u tranplant or expose the roots dip them in this. I killed 7 expensive seedlings before learning this.

I run pond dye and lava rocks in my res. Rocks give a home for my benes. The pond dye stops light from penetrating the water.

Im in dwc so i grow my micros/benes for 2 weeks before dropping my seedlings in.

I run a powerhead with no air stones or venturi. The PH heat is actually not bad, my lights heat the res up more. The venturi was great but too loud for my comfort. Plus the venturi tube introduces hot ambient air in ur water too.

I fought pythium, brown algae, damping root rot, nute lockout (purp stems), and that jelly slime bullshit...grrrrrr lol. Now im live i have an army to fight them. No matter what u do they will ALWAYS exist in ur environment. We could NEVER 100% eradicate them, BUT we can keep them at bay or in check.

If ppl went "live" and learned that grows start with the micros, there would be more harvest instead of distress lol.

Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

my thinking behind the towels were tht i would wrap my buckets to help keep my res temps until i can get some water heater insulation to put around the buckets, didnt want the black buckets drawing heat..i dont mean closed as far as the lid on the buckets,i keep them closed and open them as little as possible.my understanding in the article i was reading, if you have something covering ur hydroton that ur effecting the way "gases" from the res escape. naturally they go up, if ur covering the hydroton ur preventing to some degree how anything will escape the thru the top? idk just something i came across and it seems to make some sense?

As you pump air into your bucket it will escape through your mesh pot, no gasses at all.

Top Bottom