First Time Small Scale Cfl Grow

• Thread starter Haze2426
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Haze2426

Hi, as the title suggests I'm planning to grow my first plant, only recently I learnt about cfl lights and methods such as lst to keep a plant small.

I need to keep the plant small and discreet, I'll be buying a small grow tent to put in my wardrobe, I'm wondering what kind of set up do I need? I'm still doing my own research so any information is really appreciated.

I have no idea about cfl lights, I read that they come in different colours which indicate the strength of the bulb, but I don't know when to use what bulb and how many I need to use.

I plan on using an auto flower seed so would I need any specific type of soil or setup? Appreciate any help offered.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Hi, as the title suggests I'm planning to grow my first plant, only recently I learnt about cfl lights and methods such as lst to keep a plant small.

I need to keep the plant small and discreet, I'll be buying a small grow tent to put in my wardrobe, I'm wondering what kind of set up do I need? I'm still doing my own research so any information is really appreciated.

I have no idea about cfl lights, I read that they come in different colours which indicate the strength of the bulb, but I don't know when to use what bulb and how many I need to use.

I plan on using an auto flower seed so would I need any specific type of soil or setup? Appreciate any help offered.
Focus a great deal of your attention on a excellent ventilation system you are going to need a lot. The selection of lighting will help you with your temperatures. If you are insistent on using CFLs which I do not recommend because they do produce quite a bit of heat. You need to use 6500 k daylight for your vegetate then at flower switch out half of them with 2700 k if you would like any more advice please just ask. Happy growing!

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Coconut coir media feeding with ph balanced hydroponic solution is the way to go.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

If you want to control the size of your plant don't use an Autoflower.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

id grow reg or fem seeds autos u not really going to get to control them with out hurting them and making them stall out autos have a set amount of days its going to live any topping will stunt them and u cant clone them

when u said different color shows strength that Is not right color is the kelvins

so if u have a blue color light that's high end of the scale 5000s and up the light is trying to act like the summer sun

so yellow is low end here is a pic for u to look at this light color is the end of summer where the sun is going down earlier every day

u are looking for light lumens that is the power of the light so high lumens the better but higher the lvl the more heat u going to get

Dfdsfsd
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Don't do this cfl thing. I have 4, I did have 8, but I got a amazon led(300).

I have lots of heat issues. I read for months about a proper setup, I was positive I could get away with 2/3 desk fans. Nope.

Get a 150/250 hps light, 2 4" or 1-4" and 1-6" exhaust fans and the speed controllers and proper ducting.

I am in the middle of adding real inline exhaust fans while I have 4, 18-20 inch plants.

Wish I would of started the proper way.

GL

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Unless your buying real leds, hps, esp on a smaller scale will be cheaper. Even after two harvests.

Real, good leds are 375-2k. I have a pos from az that was 80 for a 300. It's prolly a 150/130 in reality

T

Thatoneguy19

I have found for small grows CFL can work. I do admit not as effective as HID but the start up cost are a little cheaper. Just a little info the best lumans per watt comes from the 150 watt equivalent at roughly 65 lumans per watt. I use between 7 and 9 bulbs in a 2'x1.5' grow box. I just bent her lover. She is 2'tall as of today after about 5 weeks veg.

20170908 122825

Latest posts

Top Bottom