Flower Stage Starts Next Week I Need Advice

• Thread starter Dwreck trip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dwreck trip

I've decided to run a 5x5 gorilla tent with a 1200w equivocal viparspectra LED lamp. I have 4 plants different stains I bought as 12 inch clones 5 weeks ago. I have been bending and shaping them to a size I like. They were put into 5 gallon coco pots off the bat and don't wanna transplant. My schedule right now is every 3 days, 2 plants get watered on Friday, the other 2 get watered on Saturdays but every 4 days or so. I use 14ml Canna a and b 12ml cal mag plus 2nd rhizotonic a pinch of valuable soluble seaweed and 1.5 fulvic acid and general hydro ph down. Every water I use the same. This is for 3 gallons as two of my plants were sick when I got them and cant get them on the same days as my 2 good plants.
I have lollipopped them and starting adjust the timer. An hour more sleep daily. I have open sesame, cha-ching and beastieblooms for flower nutes. Any suggestions on what else I need or how much to add and what to leave out of my regime starting flower

Flower stage starts next week i need advice
Dunge

Dunge

And you are a fervent fan pruner.
It looks like over half your light hits the floor.

I don't "sneak up" on flowering lighting.
I veg 24/0 then switch to 12/12.

Plants look good, so what you are dong seems to work.
Most coco growers would feed more often, like twice per day.
Always feed, never just water.

This could be considered current conventional wisdom, so take it as you will.

Good luck, and keep posting.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I agree with Dunge. I grow in coco and feed twice a day right now (week 4 flower) Each time to about 20% run off. Top feed DTW auto system. I suspect you will get faster growth if you feed every day. Just make sure your EC is a little lower. I'm at 1.4 EC now, but I may bump it up to 1.8 next res change. In veg I did .8 - 1.2 depending on their size.

D

Dwreck trip

And you are a fervent fan pruner.
It looks like over half your light hits the floor.

I don't "sneak up" on flowering lighting.
I veg 24/0 then switch to 12/12.

Plants look good, so what you are dong seems to work.
Most coco growers would feed more often, like twice per day.
Always feed, never just water.

This could be considered current conventional wisdom, so take it as you will.

Good luck, and keep posting.

I was going to do a flush before flower since the bottom holes have a little salt build up. But the more I read and more growers I meet I'm leaning against it. I flushed when I got them from the store and it took me 1-2 weeks to fix them from various deficiencies. I met a grower today that was saying the sudden shift in light shocks them into the flower which is good. I understand that since the hormones do change. I'm just curious if the sneaking the lighting is what anyone does or if I'm just weird about it. I'm just growing to learn before I start applying for commercial grow assistants.

D

Dwreck trip

I agree with Dunge. I grow in coco and feed twice a day right now (week 4 flower) Each time to about 20% run off. Top feed DTW auto system. I suspect you will get faster growth if you feed every day. Just make sure your EC is a little lower. I'm at 1.4 EC now, but I may bump it up to 1.8 next res change. In veg I did .8 - 1.2 depending on their size.

So many questions.. My ph meter doesn't have ec readings and I worry its getting high from salt being present on the bottom holes in the pots.. And I dont know what top feed means or the DTW auto systems is. I'm newer to this and the best part of the internet is not worrying about looking stupid.
Thanks for the help and hope you get a great harvest.

Dunge

Dunge

Top feed is simply applying nutrient fluids from the top as opposed to flood and drain.
Feeding in a number of locations is often done to get full pot involvement.

Enforcer

Enforcer

So many questions.. My ph meter doesn't have ec readings and I worry its getting high from salt being present on the bottom holes in the pots.. And I dont know what top feed means or the DTW auto systems is. I'm newer to this and the best part of the internet is not worrying about looking stupid.
Thanks for the help and hope you get a great harvest.

No worries, I’m not an expert but I’ll do what I can to explain.

EC is “ electrical conductivity” of a solution. It’s the basis for PPM measurements. Your ph pen is a different tool entirely. Although just as important. So I mean 700-1000 ppm currently in bloom. Veg 400-600 ppm.

“Top feed” just means I water from the top of the coco. There are other styles that water from the bottom.

DTW = Drain To Waste. Meaning I don’t reuse the solution after it’s been fed to the plants once. A recirculating system will drain back into the main reservoir, to be pumped back to the plants later.

If you have salt forming on the holes I would really suggest you flush the coco and resume feed/water daily. I would use an enzyme produce to help break down the salts. The great part about coco is you can flush the hell out of it, and the plants barely notice. Be careful with the FoxFarms powdered fertilizer. They are kinda strong.

Thanks for the good vibes. Right back at ya.

D

Dwreck trip

No worries, I’m not an expert but I’ll do what I can to explain.

EC is “ electrical conductivity” of a solution. It’s the basis for PPM measurements. Your ph pen is a different tool entirely. Although just as important. So I mean 700-1000 ppm currently in bloom. Veg 400-600 ppm.

“Top feed” just means I water from the top of the coco. There are other styles that water from the bottom.

DTW = Drain To Waste. Meaning I don’t reuse the solution after it’s been fed to the plants once. A recirculating system will drain back into the main reservoir, to be pumped back to the plants later.

If you have salt forming on the holes I would really suggest you flush the coco and resume feed/water daily. I would use an enzyme produce to help break down the salts. The great part about coco is you can flush the hell out of it, and the plants barely notice. Be careful with the FoxFarms powdered fertilizer. They are kinda strong.

Thanks for the good vibes. Right back at ya.

Oh ppm is the same as EC my ppm is 600 in veg of just the Canna a and b. After I add my other stuff it gets up to 850 or 900 at max. Today was the first time doing a flower feed and I added 1/4 tsp of the open sesame. In 3 gallons. It was calling for 1/4 tsp per gallon on the low end. I am excited to see my plants start to flower and even more excited to keep learning. Just got some seeds for a go at out door this summer too. What a great hobby. Can't say thank you enough.

Top Bottom