Flushing is a bad practice based on flawed science.

• Thread starter YarraSparra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rosenberg

Rosenberg

Some good points have been raised here. Intuitively, it makes sense that flushing would actually be detrimental. When you think about it in relation to what would happen naturally, this would almost never occur. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be starved just as I'm trying to put in resources what reproduction!

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I've smoked herb that wasn't given the time it needed to rid itself of the nutrients that were bottle fed into the plant, burned hot and black as fuck so I'm gonna have to disagree with feeding up to day of harvest...but to each his own.

I did see someone mention that crop farmers don't flush. I grew up on a 3k acre working farm. We grew everything from potatoes to every kind of melon, beans, peas, okra, etc etc. Never was a crop "flushed. But those were grown directly in the ground/earth...not in a small pot...big difference.

And are you making a distinction between actual "flushing", which by most peeps definition is putting about 3 gals of water per gal of soil through the container or what some consider "flushing" which is really just easing off the nutes the last 10 days - 2 weeks and giving them water only, or are you considering both to be "flushing"? MGG

way2green

way2green

3 gallons of water? Wow. That has to be an interesting outcome. I just consider dropping back on vegan organic nutes to be all my ladies need. I am not gonna blastbthem with a high phosphorus nute the day before harvest.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
A flush in my experience is a week of feeding slightly less, and a week of water. So 7 days if water... Now you show me proof that feeding that last 7 days is moot I would give it another feed.

I think regardless DRY/CURING is more detrimental to the "smoothness" of herb.

straincreation

straincreation

Thats its im gonna do it one plant it cant hurt couple ounces or so. If its bad ill just add it the bubble trim. Cant hurt.

I mean I grew pots out doors year in and year out and always flushed my pots. With many plants in the ground in the same area. Same strains much bigger. Never flushed those gurls ever. Keep in mind , I was just running some organicare and FF simple stuff with a nice organic compost recipe. 12 ft satis and some nice pure kush, yoda the fucking beez neez pheno that I sadly lost:(:sour:
Anyways point being is that I never did notice the difference in smoke. Other than my pots finishing faster, yeild and having to use more nutes for my pots. After a proper cure they could be smoked side by side with the same result.:) Back then never thought any thing of it I never did any actual SIDE BY SIDE. My reason being was that I pumped the pots with more salts so I thought they should be flushed water only last 10 days. So I never noticed a diffence, so never looked for one.

So thats it im going to do it and have ten of my best buddies smoke them side by side blind study style. tally up the results. Ill be putting up a diary soon we can follow along and see how it does I will post the results here:cigar:.
This is what we are conserned about to be clear , the end results of the combustion process across the whole scale. Taste, harshness, ash, etc.?

This thread is great cant wait to see some more info and experience come to it. God this place is like a fucking drug now I know how people feel that have facebook.lol

Always wondered how they were so hungry for bs.
Guess im hungry for knowledge.:)

Happy farmin;)

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Will be interesting to see your results. Just remember before throwing anything into the hashpile....if its unfit to smoke, its unfit for hash. Not only are you concentrating the good shit, but the bad as well. MGG

way2green

way2green

Thats its im gonna do it one plant it cant hurt couple ounces or so. If its bad ill just add it the bubble trim. Cant hurt.

I mean I grew pots out doors year in and year out and always flushed my pots. With many plants in the ground in the same area. Same strains much bigger. Never flushed those gurls ever. Keep in mind , I was just running some organicare and FF simple stuff with a nice organic compost recipe. 12 ft satis and some nice pure kush, yoda the fucking beez neez pheno that I sadly lost:(:sour:
Anyways point being is that I never did notice the difference in smoke. Other than my pots finishing faster, yeild and having to use more nutes for my pots. After a proper cure they could be smoked side by side with the same result.:) Back then never thought any thing of it I never did any actual SIDE BY SIDE. My reason being was that I pumped the pots with more salts so I thought they should be flushed water only last 10 days. So I never noticed a diffence, so never looked for one.

So thats it im going to do it and have ten of my best buddies smoke them side by side blind study style. tally up the results. Ill be putting up a diary soon we can follow along and see how it does I will post the results here:cigar:.
This is what we are conserned about to be clear , the end results of the combustion process across the whole scale. Taste, harshness, ash, etc.?

This thread is great cant wait to see some more info and experience come to it. God this place is like a fucking drug now I know how people feel that have facebook.lol

Guess im hungry for knowledge.:)

Happy farmin;)
Congrats to the 10
reation, post: 1290197, member: 18330"]Thats its im gonna do it one plant it cant hurt couple ounces or so. If its bad ill just add it the bubble trim. Cant hurt.

Guess im hungry for knowote]
Congrats to the 10 friends

way2green

way2green

A flush in my experience is a week of feeding slightly less, and a week of water. So 7 days if water... Now you show me proof that feeding that last 7 days is moot I would give it another feed.

I think regardless DRY/CURING is more detrimental to the "smoothness" of herb.
What? You guys cure your weed? next u will tell me the microwave is bad to use on wet weed? Haha. I agree the cure is where it is at!

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I totally think that this is probable... I remember flushing first hearing about "chelation"... Which in my head sounded like "makes it greasy and washes out
Of your plant". Haha

So if you never have to worry about "flushing" that's a whole fuck load of nutrient line ups that suggest it on the off basis chance it may or may not be true? Or is the taper for a different reason? Like late fall feeding in plants, or late flower, as an average plants need less? I always divide my feed into a 5 pyramid style feed where the middle are my heaviest. The two leading up to it and the step down and finally just a spitter of a feed ... In heavy 16s case "prime"
And "finish". The finish in a little larger quantity then throughout the whole cycle (2.5
To 10 ml/g)

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

I'll add my observation. I.run dwc and use gh "lucas method". I give plants plain water for the last three days and I felt good about flushing out harmful nutes. I'm my biggest consumer. I was always happy with the burn. On one cycle with a plant I know well and have grown countless times (valley ghash) I gave it plain water as usual but the plants that were supposed to replace them were vegging slow and wernt ready to flip. so I kept topping off with plain water. When I finally chopped them down it didn't burn worth shit black ash and you had to light the doobie on every hit. so I think over flushed weed is as bad as over nuted weed. Keep the ladies happy till you chop them down and your product will be better.

I had an old ask ed book and he said the p level directly affected the burn. Now that book was from the eighties so take it for what it's worth.

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

I go the other way totally ie. water stress. The last week they get 2 days of water I then stop all together. Chop when they show wilt.
Prolly an old gramas tale but I was taught water stressing your toms will help to ripen what's there and not set new. For end of season.
Having never done a side by side I have nothing to support. I'm sure yield is compromised but I don't gro for yield I want that FLAV.
When that plant knows it is gonna die I think there is a last ditch push of all things attractant. To get that fruit eaten or those flowers pollinated.

Purpz

Purpz

I dump once a week. When I ran coco I’d flush once a week for a couple of hours during their night cycle. I advocate for this because you get nutrient imbalances that a cf meter can’t read. But this is different to flushing for a week at the end of harvest.

Top Bottom