Flushing Question(ebb & flow)

• Thread starter m3mikec
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

m3mikec

Will need to flush soon and need some advise. I like the idea of only using water, but not sure if I should change the res only once. Should it be changed during the last 4 to 6 days, say day 2 or 3? Used GH Nova base with CalMag, Cannazyme, Floralicious Plus, KoolBloom, and Shooting Powder. Set up below, what do you recommend guys?

Also, it looks like 3 of the six will be ready before the other 3. Can I flush; top the first 3 and then re nute the other 3 for longer - or will that shock them in a bad way?

Cheers::RastaBong:

Flushing questionebb  flow
L

launchpad

Top pics

What do the tops look like?

I am in the midst of a harvest and I just topped the plants and let the new growth bud. The plants have been successful and happy.

7 days prior to harvest I switched to straight R/O water and changed res tank every 3 days. Then the tops were harvested and I returned to a bloom formular with vermi-t and awesome bloosom. The new growth is incredible!

Good luck

M

m3mikec

What do the tops look like?

7 days prior to harvest I switched to straight R/O water and changed res tank every 3 days. Then the tops were harvested and I returned to a bloom formular with vermi-t and awesome bloosom. The new growth is incredible!

Good luck

Launchpad, I've included a top picture and thanks for the input. That makes perfect sense and I will diffently follow this method.:rollj:

IMG 0043
S

strictlyOG

hmm.i would flush 2 weeks prior with clearex. dont know how much time you have left but i would definitely go grab some clearex. this product will save you like a week or so. so if you flush at one week with clearex. it would be the equivalent of a 2 week flush. i use it a 2 weeks. so my flush is the equivalent of 3 weeks.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Man I don`t understand a 2 week flush. If you have a 8 week strain you stop feeding at 6 weeks? Doesn`t that impact yield? My 8 weekers really put weight on in the last 10 days. I flushed a tray for 2 hours with clearex than drained the rez and ran straight ro for 3 days. Burns good and taste great and I ran my ppm as high as 1900. I think dropping ppm in week 7 and 8 might be a lil better for a 3 day flush. What do you guys think?

M

m3mikec

I flushed a tray for 2 hours with clearex than drained the rez and ran straight ro for 3 days. Burns good and taste great and I ran my ppm as high as 1900. I think dropping ppm in week 7 and 8 might be a lil better for a 3 day flush. What do you guys think?

Thanks for your advise tortuga1503. When you say flush tray for 2 hours, do you mean you flush with clearex at 20/30 minute intervals 5/6 times and then drain. If you flushed for 2 hours straight would that not be detrimental(no oxygen for that period)? Thanks again, let me know if you check back in..:rollj:

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Ya I let the system run for 2 hours straight. I`m using a 85 watt air pump with 8 stones in my 100 gal rez so I never worry about oxygen in the water. I think thats one of the biggest improvements I recently did. If you dont have a air pump in your rez you might want to get one next run. I use H&G and some say no air pump some say its fine. I opt for fine and my roots rocked this last run. 30 plants were drinking 10 gals a day and eating 100 ppm a day.Shit sorry for rambling on.

kushluvr

kushluvr

Hey bro....................is that pic recent? those girls or that one at least, imo doesnt look ready! looks as though you have a few weeks left! and alot more growth!

my $0.02

PS.......they are looking really good though, keep it up!

peace
kush

M

m3mikec

Ya I let the system run for 2 hours straight. I`m using a 85 watt air pump with 8 stones in my 100 gal rez so I never worry about oxygen in the water.
Roger that tortuga1503. I am using air stones and it seems to be a big improvement as well.

M

m3mikec

Hey bro....................is that pic recent? those girls or that one at least, imo doesnt look ready! looks as though you have a few weeks left! and alot more growth!

PS.......they are looking really good though, keep it up!

peace
kush

Hey kushluvr, that pic was taken at day 52 and they will probably go 70 to frost up nicely. Just getting some advise in advance for the near future.

Happy Holidays:harvest:

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Those plants is lookin good I ran the aeroflo 120 for many years. I know grow in coco and flush diff. In a recirc system I wait untill the buds stop growin rapidly and start to ripen I run half nutes for 5 days then ph ro for 8-10 days. I keep a log on the new strains I grow so I know when to flush for the next runs. I alwats tend to run full strenghth longer the first time I run something. I've tried diff methods including clearex this is what works for me. I have found little to no yield changes in longer or shorter flushes if timed right. Just dont cut out the nutes while the plant is still blowin up. so many diff opinions on flushing play around with it find what u like I did.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Good advice Mitten,but when I try to run half strength nutes ph becomes unstable very quickly. When plants are eating really eating ppm, ph in my 100 gal rez becomes unstable with in a week. 5 days maybe but all the way to week 4 ph is rock steady. Almost scary how stable H&G nutes are,but I forsure had alot of ph drifting from week 5 on thats one reason I can`t see flushing for so long. My girls really start packing the weight on in week 5. Here is a Bubba Og at 44 days.Now this is a 8 1/2 weeker. For a 2 week flush that means at 44 days no more nutes? I don`t think I could get them to swell up like the pic on the right same plant day 58 if I cut nutes to quick. Just my opinion and I might totally be wrong.

Bubba og 44 days in
Bubbaog day58
Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

I flush every week.

Empty res. Place clean water.

Use a small pump to flush the top of the medium. Any extra cims in the res or medium will bring the ppms up to a 1/4 normally. Flush 3x the amount of area your flushing.

change out the res again to recim.

M

m3mikec

Thanks Nobodynobody. You are pretty motivated to flush and change out the rez every week. I'm sure it pays off though, nice.
Do you use any enzymes with your nutes, and are you using air stones?
I added both this grow and at my 10 day rez change the tea is still very clean and did not look like it needed a flush. Also the plants were eating good as well.
I need to add some flushes in during the grow it's probably just a sound practice.

Cheers:rollj:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
best way to flush during your grow would be with 1/2 strength nutes

did the following when I changed the res (every 2 weeks)

what I did on my rockwool e/f tables was drain the res - make up 30 gallons of half strength nutes (no additives) and I made a watering wand by taping tubing to a green garden stick and flush them from the top - hit each cube for 10 seconds and make sure you have enough to do each one at least twice

flushing with ro water can shock your root zone and doesnt wash away built up salts (ironically) as well as a fresh diluted mix

then I would drain my res again and fill up with a fresh regular mix

when its time to flush before harvest I dont drain my res - i just top it off with ro until they are done

M

MightyZeppelin

I know I might get my head eaten off for saying so but here goes...

Flushing is a myth! There is really no need to flush if you just give your girls a balanced diet and great environment.

Peace

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

zym is something used to eat old roots away. I personly use it because i reuse my hydroton for years. I Have a reason for the Need of a zym to eat the old stuff off. Other wise my friend would say your wasting money when realy you are wanting to make roots. He asked me why would i want to add a cim that eats roots away when i am cloneing or veging?

Air is a deep topic for the res. Cheap air stone can pull air out. I prefer the natural way of haveing a NFT cycle timer and a pump doing a water fall action.
I also use air stones 15 mins befor and during the 15 min feed also. Have several drums that feed ever 3 hrs. When each drum is on a flood cyc... Now it has a lower water level then the rest of the others. This one drum is now getting all the power of the air pump. Complex a bit
Also got floats so each drum keeps the same leave....

You can get by 2 week sure... unless the diet is a must to change. If saveing cims is that big of a deal. Get a 2ed res. 2x Y's with shut offs. Then use the hole 2ed res to flush and top off your 1st res with cims. I personly have not done that due to space.

Cims get old or the mix is not perfect how it was on top off. Nother reason why to change. Can always do a water test after each week then add in but that is going FAR in. Your girls eat what they want. What ever she did not eat will go back. Imagin your full frig. Now you only got stuff you realy dont want 6 days later.... Some people done even reuse the cims after each day!

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

i have used an final phase and did a three day flush in nft(aeroflo) (lab tested)
also was running hydrozyme and drip clean the whole time to help with salt buildups
also running vermiT and do weekly rez changes
most of the books i read say do a 7-10 day flush
and zeppelin i feel bad telling people to do a three day flush shame on you

Top Bottom