Flushing with liquid bone meal?

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Natural

Natural

Watered in HH at 30 ml per gallon, Aphrodites Extract at 15 ml per, and Sea Green .5 ml per yesterday... 3-4 hours later my house stunk so bad, I had to close all the doors and windows. I'm sold. 20 days left.
..so they get a full 3 weeks plain water?
Just hung a room using 40 mil's (full shot glass)per 5 then plain water for right around 3 weeks ..on a big feeder.
Keep us updated!

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

..so they get a full 3 weeks plain water?
Just hung a room using 40 mil's (full shot glass)per 5 then plain water for right around 3 weeks ..on a big feeder.
Keep us updated!
Thinking 3 more similar feeds.. Outside temps are up in CA and so are my room temps. I think that combined with the health of my roots from those products are making them drink more/faster, the beds are almost dry today. 3 more feeds with this stuff then some REALLY heavy plain waterings.

urban1026835

urban1026835

Hope the NOTG aren't too pissed about all th samples they are getting hit up for. I would think they would wanna get the product out there though.

Besides if it keeps performing the way it is for everyone it will sell itself.

FiveAM

FiveAM

Hope the NOTG aren't too pissed about all th samples they are getting hit up for. I would think they would wanna get the product out there though.

I think they do. It was pretty simple actually to get a sample, I just emailed scott and he replied almost immediately.

I just got my sample pack today....

quarts
Medusas Magic. Gaia Mania. Zeus Juice. Athenas Aminas. Demeters Destiny. And of course Herculean Harvest.
NectarForTheGods

scott sent me out 6 quarts and the 2- 8 oz bottles on top there, all for shipping. ..$28. not frigging bad.

I'm going to dedicate a light to these nutes coming up here shortly, that way I don't run out and can't see the results.

Really excited and stoked to see the results.

Natural

Natural

I think it's mint extract...sunleaves liquid guano and a few others are exactly the same. It's usually a bad thing when nute companies deodorize their products..but maybe the mint is a safer alternative.

FiveAM

FiveAM

I think it's mint extract...sunleaves liquid guano and a few others are exactly the same. It's usually a bad thing when nute companies deodorize their products..but maybe the mint is a safer alternative.

bad how. what does something like that mean in your experience?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I think it smells like pepto bismol...I wondered why.

Natural

Natural

bad how. what does something like that mean in your experience?
I've read tons of organic gardening articles, books etc. It was(is) common to find products like fishmeal on the shelves with some sort of commercial deodorizer in them..why they are inferior to raw products, I don't have a solid answer. My guess is that they are unnatural and interfere with the functionality of whatever product we're dealing with.
Try and smell some bonemeal or calcium carbonate..that hasn't been deodorized in any way...to get a better picture of the non-scented product.

FiveAM

FiveAM

my only thoughts, and granted I don't have a ton of experience here, was these nutes weren't organic with the chelating going on and what not. I never thought these were "organic" nutes, just based on a more organic way of delivering nutes?

Natural

Natural

my only thoughts, and granted I don't have a ton of experience here, was these nutes weren't organic with the chelating going on and what not. I never thought these were "organic" nutes, just based on a more organic way of delivering nutes?
I'd say they're about as organic as they come, as far as bottled nutes. Granted every Nute company has some secret proprietary blend to give them an edge..but as far as I can tell they seem very legit. Also, "organic" is a broad term that can be used to describe just about any product derived from a natural source. CA, for instance, has a pretty strict guideline on what can be considered "organic" fertilizer. A lot of times they will consider the process of how a material has been handled and the impact on the environment and deny it based on processing and not actual ingredients...or a product might be an organic salt, one that you would consider a "chem" type nutrient and still be called "organic".

FiveAM

FiveAM

I don't know, for a minute you sounded like a skeptic with the mint extrac thing. So it threw me off. I'm really just trying to pick your brain.

Natural

Natural

I don't know, for a minute you sounded like a skeptic with the mint extrac thing. So it threw me off. I'm really just trying to pick your brain.
oh..ok. well the mint doesn't bother me at all. These guys are based from Harvest Moon..an old OR based small-batch company that was very conscientious about their practices. I highly doubt they would sell off to someone that would make them look bad fwiw.

urban1026835

urban1026835

Every bottle I got has that odor mixed in with the normal nutes odor, i wonder if its the calcium?

The mint is fully explained in the faq on the website. It will start to evaporate and over time your nutrients will start to smell like poop if that is the smell your looking for.

I know of 5 people so far that told me the sent for a sample after reading this so x that by a 100 and I hope those guys don't punch me in the face if I ever meet them at an event.

@caregiverken is it ok to post the nutrient profiles of these on here (copy paste) I know it was a bit difficult for me to find all the info on each product.

FiveAM

FiveAM

yeah, i never did see the faq, its actually easy to miss on the home page. like i said, i'm still learning hear. i've never grown organic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom