Freezing For Live Resin

• Thread starter ForrestGUMP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

ForrestGUMP

I'm about to chop for live resin and i was wondering about freezing times. I planned on packing my tube and putting it in my refrigerator freezer. If I lay the tube on about a pound of dry ice, how long should I wait until I blast?

Thanks!

D

DjangoNugs

ASAP just as long as it’s cold a.f. As close to -80f as possible...my chest freezer only gets to around -10 so I put my material on dry ice before packing the column...if you do not have a jacketed column I would pack the tube first then put on dry ice til it’s completely frozen over and run it before the tube thaws out. Don’t want any unwanted comdensation inside the tube. It always worked fine for me before I got my dewaxing sleeve.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I'm about to chop for live resin and i was wondering about freezing times. I planned on packing my tube and putting it in my refrigerator freezer. If I lay the tube on about a pound of dry ice, how long should I wait until I blast?

Thanks!
Good questions, leading to some questions before Scientific Wild Ass Guesses (SWAG).

What diameter and length tube are you placing on 1 lb of dry ice, which isn't very much. Contact area is part of the heat transfer equation. At ~0.043 lbs/In3, that is a 1" square column of dry ice about 23" long.

What temperature is your LPG? Works best below <-50C, using a 70/30 or 50/50% mix that flows at that temperature.

F

ForrestGUMP

Good questions, leading to some questions before Scientific Wild Ass Guesses (SWAG).

What diameter and length tube are you placing on 1 lb of dry ice, which isn't very much. Contact area is part of the heat transfer equation. At ~0.043 lbs/In3, that is a 1" square column of dry ice about 23" long.

What temperature is your LPG? Works best below <-50C, using a 70/30 or 50/50% mix that flows at that temperature.
Ok so I went and got a jacketed column before I did it. I packed it full as soon as I chopped the plant and I mixed dry ice and iso alcohol in a 1/1 ratio. My tube is 3 in diamater and 24 inches long. I froze for about for hours before i filled the tube with solvent, then I let it soak for another 45 min. I keep my propane/butane mix outside and it's about 10-20 degrees lately. I used about all of the 25 pounds of dry ice i bought. I did 2 runs so far and each was about 25 grams. Im guessing I put less than a half pound of material in (if it was dry).

Everything turned out amazing. Very light colored and sparkly and tasty. Is it necessary to freeze for that long with the dry ice and jacketed column?

Top Bottom