Fungus Gnats?

• Thread starter Gamechanga12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gamechanga12

Hello all,

I noticed I have fungus gnats in my flower room. I placed a sticky trap and saw a black pest with wings and legs. When I was feeding today i saw one flying around. I am in week 3 of flower. The infestation doesn't look to bad yet... I have put yellow sticky traps everywhere. What else should I do to rid them? thanks

Edit: I read this somewhere will this work ?
mix one part pure 3% hydrogen peroxide with four parts water. Water the top layer of soil thoroughly.

G

Gamechanga12

Put an inch thick layer of sand, hydroton, diatomateous earth or other top dressing on your soil to fully cover the top to where there is no dirt showing and get more sticky traps.

How about when I feed? Won't the sand effect me top feeding?

m8ty

m8ty

Panty hose covering the soil works really well after a good soil drench of B.T.i
IMG 20150226 191729

Last edited:
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

How about when I feed? Won't the sand effect me top feeding?
You just water as you normally would trying not to displace the top dressing by watering too fast. Let the sand or whatever you top dress with dry by letting the fan blow on it. It will prevent the gnats from entering your soil and smother the larvae. Never tried pantyhose...

H

happy b

There should be a place near you that sells nematodes that eat the FG larvea in your soil(its the larvea that do the damage).i had a real bad infestation a few weeks back,popped in the predators and hung some sticky traps above the soil on each pot and viola.within a week i went from clouds of of FG to just seeing the occassional one here and there.i applied the predators again 2 weeks later and theyr practically gone now.
the nematodes are really cheap and very effective as they stay in the soil and eat alot of other root pests aswell as FG larvea throughout your grow.

DigitalGenetics

DigitalGenetics

Breeder
Sticky traps and azamax worked for me a had a huge outdoor infestation I must of caught 5o plus adults on each plant

Hogwash

Top Bottom