Future Of Mj In U.s?

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I never said medical was our savior. I was emphasizing that medical (at least in Cali where we have been going. Since mid 90s) are too far developed for Sessions to begin to undo.

I know that most cats in this game; producers, consumers and distributors are in it for rec reasons. I for one, have always believed in the medicinal benefits of quality grown herb as well as intentionally produced medicinals.

I believe that most of the market is saturated with poorly produced product and by product to satiate the masses. Yes there is money in that.
There is also money in quality produced medicine. Everything has its challenges, rec is now up against big AG and medical big pharma. The way I see it, is there is more opportunity in specialty niche markets and that's where you'll find me.

Howver, the point I was trying to make that you seemed to misinterpret, is that Sessions is more likely to try to go after to states with newly passsd Rec legislation... and then back to pretending that yes ALL this shit is medicine when we know better than that.
Looking back at your post I agree and you are right. This administration told their base that they would leave marijuana as a state's rights issue, not very surprising to see what happened yesterday with sessions appointment. I've always had my red card and I don't mind being on that list, but I would be sharting myself if I was a rec shop now.

I think you are right that the medical side of the industry would be much, much more difficult to 'undo', claiming to undo recreational pot because of opiate addiction increases is ludicrous, but most of that base probably don't make a distinction about which illegal drugs people use, since 'good people don't use marijuana.'. If that's their stance then recreational is fucked.

Even making significant changes that could be reversed later by policy or court decision would still have a massive impact on the recreational side, and I think that's something this administration is happy to see.

Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

Looking back at your post I agree and you are right. This administration told their base that they would leave marijuana as a state's rights issue, not very surprising to see what happened yesterday with sessions appointment. I've always had my red card and I don't mind being on that list, but I would be sharting myself if I was a rec shop now.

I think you are right that the medical side of the industry would be much, much more difficult to 'undo', claiming to undo recreational pot because of opiate addiction increases is ludicrous, but most of that base probably don't make a distinction about which illegal drugs people use, since 'good people don't use marijuana.'. If that's their stance then recreational is fucked.

Even making significant changes that could be reversed later by policy or court decision would still have a massive impact on the recreational side, and I think that's something this administration is happy to see.
worthy VS UNWORTHY if Jeff sessions supports KKK but turns his back on the pothead kkk's , what's that tell you?

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

no need, it's just another regurgitated regurgitation...
I posted a clip from the daily show when sessions was spewing on about how the 'founders' didn't intend on global flights into the US for dual citizenship when they 'did' the 14th. Stewart helpfully relayed the fact that the 14th wasn't written by the founders, but in the mid-1800's. I don't know what I find more disturbing- that he says and believes this, or that nobody seems smart enough to call him on his bullshit. Obviously this administration and those in its employ aren't going to embarrass sessions publicly, but he's pretty deserving of the treatment. One would hope that our attorney general has some sort of grasp on something that important, but we can't let facts get in the way of alternative facts, and we can't let fake news get in the way of alternative facts which

It seems like they are starting to separate medical marijuana and recreational marijuana into two groups, more or less leaving medical alone while voicing the potential dangers of rec weed. I guess I can see their reasoning, they can't challenge the science so they challenge the vice and lump it in with prostitution, 'opiate addiction', and other things that have nothing to do with weed. Pot was my savior when I battled opiate's.

The smell test for me with politicians is term limits. I see no reason that politicians shouldn't gladly agree with them, unless they want to continue to fleece us and assume we are stupid. It is ridiculous to me to hear a politician spew about their constituents and doing in washington what their voters back home want, but that never happens. As long as we're always in crisis mode and they depend on scare tactics then they will always have the upper hand. If these asshats knew their time was limited, I believe they would try and get more done to pad their resumes and not be judged for not doing shit, since 'not doing shit' seems to be the MO with everyone in washington, regardless of affiliation.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Given the complexity of governing...one could argue that it's best to have someone that is an experienced hand. The current administration seems to encounter issues as they just don't get how government actually functions.

Edit: philosophically, if you have a career politician that is legitimately trying to do "good" in an altruistic manner...wouldn't you want them to stay in office. It's akin to having a skilled surgeon, I want the guy with experience.

It's a weird poop kinda morning.

Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

Given the complexity of governing...one could argue that it's best to have someone that is an experienced hand. The current administration seems to encounter issues as they just don't get how government actually functions.

Edit: philosophically, if you have a career politician that is legitimately trying to do "good" in an altruistic manner...wouldn't you want them to stay in office. It's akin to having a skilled surgeon, I want the guy with experience.

It's a weird poop kinda morning.
Thank God politicians are "representatives" and not surgeons, or skilled anythings...

xavier7995

xavier7995

That is a good point @Psychonaut47

They don't function quite like that though. They are autonomous beings and routinely need to debate points and negotiate. They represent the interest of the voters, like a lawyer representing the interests of a client. There are good ones and bad, I tend to think you get better at stuff with practice, hence being fine with career politicians. They are not just showing up to push a button; if they were, then every item that comes up would have to go back to the people to vote on individually and we would have no need for politicians. They are put there to represent the voters ideology and will; I just want the person that can best express that.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

That is a good point @Psychonaut47

They don't function quite like that though. They are autonomous beings and routinely need to debate points and negotiate. They represent the interest of the voters, like a lawyer representing the interests of a client. There are good ones and bad, I tend to think you get better at stuff with practice, hence being fine with career politicians. They are not just showing up to push a button; if they were, then every item that comes up would have to go back to the people to vote on individually and we would have no need for politicians. They are put there to represent the voters ideology and will; I just want the person that can best express that.
It must be a chocolate milk morning

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I'm really glad they are finally cracking down on marijuana. According to my friend jeff sessions, who holds the title of an attorney but is kind of a douche, he says that opiate addiction is a direct cause of using RECREATIONAL MARIJUANA. He prefers to spell it 'marihuana' because he's an idiot and it is just a bit insultingly racisty.

So, we ignore heroin, ignore opiate addiction, diversion of prescription narcotics, over-prescribing, absent parents, funding outreach and treatment programs, and instead concentrate on eradicating a drug with known medical benefits with zero overdose deaths, ever. They should vote themselves a raise.

edit- Here's a 15 page pdf that discusses the drugs frequently involved in overdose deaths. Marijuana is listed a whopping zero times.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr65/nvsr65_10.pdf

Last edited:
J

Jesse98

Yeah, he seems like a dickhead. Hopefully Trump won't let him screw us.
I'm Jesse Pennington and I used to work for general hydroponics

We would go into college campuses and recruit people to order. When they did we would snitch them out. We call police and every one else and stage crimes. What we do is we will have the people all around them start rumors and fights just to have the police come so they find a hydroponics box.
Of stuff I recruit them first to order

Then when they get the stuff we strong arm them into giving it to our friends.

Then we will ruin their lives. Repeated false reports. We will have people damage their property and call around d to different places and tell people were the FBI when we are not
And the stupid ducks believe it

We got all the plant food companies doing this. They are all a part of it.

If they don't want to. We will pull them down on all seven levels and brainwash them into doing it.

They don't mean shit to us. Me and Brendan from emerald triangle do this all the time.

All the hydro shops are a bust. Even if the person is not doing anything illegal we will blame them for it then have others destroy their personal property.

We have got several people killed over this and still do it anyway.

Ken Gwynne leads the group and we all help him

He is the one who taught is
Botanicare and all the others do it also. He taught them also

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I'm Jesse Pennington and I used to work for general hydroponics

We would go into college campuses and recruit people to order. When they did we would snitch them out. We call police and every one else and stage crimes. What we do is we will have the people all around them start rumors and fights just to have the police come so they find a hydroponics box.
Of stuff I recruit them first to order

Then when they get the stuff we strong arm them into giving it to our friends.

Then we will ruin their lives. Repeated false reports. We will have people damage their property and call around d to different places and tell people were the FBI when we are not
And the stupid ducks believe it

We got all the plant food companies doing this. They are all a part of it.

If they don't want to. We will pull them down on all seven levels and brainwash them into doing it.

They don't mean shit to us. Me and Brendan from emerald triangle do this all the time.

All the hydro shops are a bust. Even if the person is not doing anything illegal we will blame them for it then have others destroy their personal property.

We have got several people killed over this and still do it anyway.

Ken Gwynne leads the group and we all help him

He is the one who taught is
Botanicare and all the others do it also. He taught them also
Quoted for posterity before the delete
Bullshitflag

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Interesting. What was your job title at GH? Who was your supervisor?

Do you admit to violent crimes often, or just when you're making fake posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom