• Thread starter GrowAholiC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rick Naya

received_1534538679926429.jpeg

Smegal

Smegal

Outwest you make a good point. A lot of different strains were refereed to as gainesville green. I'm talking specifically about a lime green colored, very pungent piney strain. Was called Gainesville Green as well and at the time I didn't realize this was a name used for any good bud much like Krippy.

The GG I'm referring to was also called Christmas Bud
I grew up in fla and amokes a lot of gg. I thought it was a cross between skunk and some weed that grows wild. It didnt get you high when we first herd about it in the early 70s. Soon after it was better but gave you a headach. As time went by we started getting some loud weed that rocked. Next thing you know its in high times mag. Go figure.

Last edited:
Smegal

Smegal

I grew up in fla and amokes a lot of gg. It was a cross between skunk and some weed that grows wild. It didnt get you high when we first herd about it in the early 70s. Soon after it was better but gave you a headach. As time went by we started getting some loud weed that rocked. Next thing you know its in high times mag. Go figure.
That was back when home grown was garbage. How times have changed

Smegal

Smegal

Hello @GrowAholiC and anyone else wanting to know who and where the real Gainesville Green was first developed I can answer this question. Back in the mid to late 70's 76-77' I was in the hands of some very nice Colombian, which of course was either a hermaphrodite or within the grow I started, had males within the patch. I had also had the opportunity to buy some Maui Wowie from a friend that had traveled to Hawaii and I was able to score 2 ounces. Within the 2 zips 1 seed appeared. I planted that seed along side the Colombian's not knowing back then what would happen as I really didn't understand pollination at that time of my cannabis career. Little and low behold the Colombians pollinated the Hawaiian. We had no real idea what we had until we grew those seeds the following season. The buds were a very light green, lime almost and the buds were swollen and sticky and smelled, yes of pungent pine. They took on the sativa Colombian height and the Indica size buds from the Hawaiian. We shared these seeds with a close friend Bobbie Bullard who at the time was attending U of Florida in Gainesville. When we arrived with the harvest of our bounty he asked right away, WTF is that? We told him and we had no names to give this plant as back then we had no clue what to say or do we just had killer cannabis and wanted to sell it and grow it. So he asked what we would call it and we couldn't decide so he blurted out, Gainesville Green! It stuck. So, for those of you that wanted the real truth to Gainesville Green, I am that Truth and can verify the facts with family and friends. I have also dedicated the better part of 40 years tot he legalization of Cannabis and am NH's State primary Cannabis Activist, consultant to many depts of the state and our states first medical patient and medical card holder, writer of HB656 and Senate Bill SB338 all of which are in session now and to become law very soon in NH. So it is with Great pride that I state the facts about Gainesville Green to clarify anyone's thoughts of who, what, where and when. Thank you to everyone who is partaking is cannabis designs and the legalization movement worldwide! .
the photo below is a linage from the earlier years of what a Sativa and Indica cross breed should look like. Gainesville Green was very very similar to this photo of my Tollhouse pie! Sincerely, Rick Naya
received_1534538679926429.jpeg
Rick that is so cool. I grew up smoking gg . Its cool knowing now the real story behind it. Ill have to share it with my friends.

Latest posts

Top Bottom