Getting A Cob For A Grow Box (20 X 16 X 39 Inches Tall)

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

Hi

It will be 150 watts of dimable cob

The options are

3000k 80 CRI
3000k 90 CRI
3500 80
3500 90
4000 80
4000 90

or
4 x 4000 and 1 x 1750 in the centre
4 x 3500 and 1 x 1750 in the centre

What do you think is the best for a grow box? I will run a plant from start to finish but ultimately i think I will use it as a veg box.

Five Vero 18 D series SE Upgradeable Square Array
32.2V@1050mA

14" COB Spacing

Meanwell HLG 120H-C1050B

105mm-50w Black Pin Heatsinks

30w Per COB

gwheels

gwheels

Thanks sixstring. I will order the timber.
Would the cree fixture be better than the citizen ? for the extra few bucks it is worth it to buy a good light

sixstring

sixstring

Thanks sixstring. I will order the timber.
Would the cree fixture be better than the citizen ? for the extra few bucks it is worth it to buy a good light
my personal opinion is yes the cree setup is better than the shitizen setup because the cobs are bigger so thermal management would be better on the cree at the same power/wattage. but if money is not your main concern go for the gusto and get the vero 200w.if you ever move it to a bigger space your still good to 200w and these are dimmable so you can veg at 80 to 100w and flower at 120 to 150w or crank the bitch to 200w.i think in your spot 150w is more than enough horsepower :) i listed those other kits because they are cheap like the vero 18 should be,but never saw your budget for that light.

gwheels

gwheels

I ordered the
200 Watt Vero29 V7 Linear Framework

It will be here in about a month and that will give me some time to figure out how to run a filtration system on the box without compromising space...

I might need to bend the time space continuum but I am ok with that.

sixstring

sixstring

I ordered the
200 Watt Vero29 V7 Linear Framework

It will be here in about a month and that will give me some time to figure out how to run a filtration system on the box without compromising space...

I might need to bend the time space continuum but I am ok with that.
a month seems like a long time for a 2 cob rail,did they say why so long ?

gwheels

gwheels

It will ship in about 10 days. They have a few orders. I am in the great white north so I just rounded.

I am in no rush. It is really an experiment for the future. My 315 CMH is really blowing my mind in the tent and I think I have found the perfect light for what I am after. I am vegging 3 plants and they are thriving. But veg is the easy part :D

The vero is going in a grow box and I really do have to modify the filtration. It came with computer fans and is as covert as a ninja elephant. So I have some figuring to do before I am ready. I am going to try to externally mount a filter with a fan controller and fan. I have spare 6 inch everything so it is overkill but it will work ok i think :D GROW BOX 2000

Top Bottom