Good To Find You :) Help A Newbie

• Thread starter Sargemilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sargemilla

Hello everybody!
Wow, finally I stumbled upon a good forum. Nice to find you :)

I was loosely browsing the forum and saw some picture and was really surprised (and envious) to see such plants with so many big branches :)
I am beginner, it's my very first plant and I don't know much about growing (besides the soil that I have to use, watering frequency and pinching). So how do you make your plant grow so bushy and with so many branches?

This is what I have now
20180703_192941-jpg.812956

The plant is maybe 2 months already but the condition were the following: I plant it without planning to keep it, you know just to see what happens and I used a random seed in a pretty small pot, it's kind of supposed to be a test grow. The thing is that this got me into it and now I changed my mind about not growing and I ordered a good stray auto-fem (AK47) and recently planted it and I don't want this one to grow like this. I would like this one (my real try) to grow bushy and have a few big branches.
Here are a few examples of what I'm thinking about:
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/attachments/20150109_232426-jpg.478620/
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/attachments/20150126_142356-jpg.479485/
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/attachments/20150126_142324-jpg.479487/

Also to note that I don't have a box or a closed room for it so the conditions are not 100% controlled. I keep it on my balcony with natural sun light. The temperature I can control to some extent. This is what I have to work with as I don't have other options for now.

PS: Is it OK to cut a few leaves before flowering? There are 2 big leaves that blocks sun light to two small branches that are starting to grow, should I cut them?

Thanks a lot :)

Good to find you  help a newbie
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Plants get bushy when they get lots of light. You could have topped yours after about 6 nodes to encourage bushing out, but the main factor is more light.

I advise against removing leaves. The leaves are energy factories for your buds. I rarely remove any leaves. The plant will kill them when it's done with them.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Hello everybody!
Wow, finally I stumbled upon a good forum. Nice to find you :)

I was loosely browsing the forum and saw some picture and was really surprised (and envious) to see such plants with so many big branches :)
I am beginner, it's my very first plant and I don't know much about growing (besides the soil that I have to use, watering frequency and pinching). So how do you make your plant grow so bushy and with so many branches?

This is what I have now
20180703_192941-jpg.812956

The plant is maybe 2 months already but the condition were the following: I plant it without planning to keep it, you know just to see what happens and I used a random seed in a pretty small pot, it's kind of supposed to be a test grow. The thing is that this got me into it and now I changed my mind about not growing and I ordered a good stray auto-fem (AK47) and recently planted it and I don't want this one to grow like this. I would like this one (my real try) to grow bushy and have a few big branches.
Here are a few examples of what I'm thinking about:
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/attachments/20150109_232426-jpg.478620/
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/attachments/20150126_142356-jpg.479485/
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/attachments/20150126_142324-jpg.479487/

Also to note that I don't have a box or a closed room for it so the conditions are not 100% controlled. I keep it on my balcony with natural sun light. The temperature I can control to some extent. This is what I have to work with as I don't have other options for now.

PS: Is it OK to cut a few leaves before flowering? There are 2 big leaves that blocks sun light to two small branches that are starting to grow, should I cut them?

Thanks a lot :)
You are asking advice about your new plant which is an auto right? If so this site has very good info
https://www.growweedeasy.com/autoflowering-vs-photoperiod

Reactions: Ina
Ina

Ina

This one should be transplanted in bigger pot,if it has space for roots the branches also will develop more.The shape of the pot is also related,if it is wider the plant taking similar form,if it is deep but tight the plat grows similar mostly on mane stem(ofcourse different plants are growing different but generally) .So if you topping and stuff it is better if you have space on sides to.It doesn't look stretched in search for light so i'm assuming the light is not the problem in this case,just some more space and new soil.Sometimes you can cut leaves if it is necessary(on bigger plants) but now you can put them under the branches,the plant still need them for now.But even if you cut all of the big leaves and leave only the branches with their leaves the plant will grow just fine,it will change it's shape:)But better don't for now.:)

S

Sargemilla

Thanks for the replies guys.
Since I've posted I pretty much continuously read this forum and learned a lot.
So I will answer my own questions :D maybe there are others who has the same ones. Also please correct if I'm wrong.
The plant in the image was already fimed at 6 nodes, but still didn't branch too much. This is mainly due to low light and quite of lot of dark (since I keep it on balcony, which is more or less outside), as OldManRiver was saying. It started to flower I think, I see very small flowers on the very top and I started to bend it in order to receive more light to the sides, which are also flowering a bit.
@Ina I know it's not a very good pot, but as I was saying, it wasn't supposed to live that long, only I changed my mind :D and because it's already flowering I won't transplant it because I'm afraid it'll be too much stress. Also, the soil is not a very good one, I just used the same that I'm using for my basel and my oregano of 6.6 PH. I think it's doing extremely well for such conditions. Also it had never got any supplements until today :D I managed to get my hands on some organic guano for it, hope it'll help a lot during flowering.
Ventilation is something that I don't need since it's right under the (almost always open) window.

For my second (and real) try, in order to get it more bushy and have many "main" stems I was thinking main-lining it. But further reading made me change my mind because it's an autoflower and I will slow down it's development by topping it. It won't grow enough in just 3-5 weeks to justify main-lining. So I decided to bend it already - it's on its 3rd node and it has maybe 5-7cm. This is something that I don't fully know how to do it but I'll learn more as it grows.

I saw a lot of photos here and most plants have such strong base stem.. I don't know how to achieve this yet, but most had 2x-3x times the thickness.

@GT21 I'm not sure what you mean and how it's done exactly

I will keep you up to date with my plants. Maybe I will start a new thread, kinda like a development blog. What do you think?

Reactions: Ina
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Thanks for the replies guys.
Since I've posted I pretty much continuously read this forum and learned a lot.
So I will answer my own questions :D maybe there are others who has the same ones. Also please correct if I'm wrong.
The plant in the image was already fimed at 6 nodes, but still didn't branch too much. This is mainly due to low light and quite of lot of dark (since I keep it on balcony, which is more or less outside), as OldManRiver was saying. It started to flower I think, I see very small flowers on the very top and I started to bend it in order to receive more light to the sides, which are also flowering a bit.
@Ina I know it's not a very good pot, but as I was saying, it wasn't supposed to live that long, only I changed my mind :D and because it's already flowering I won't transplant it because I'm afraid it'll be too much stress. Also, the soil is not a very good one, I just used the same that I'm using for my basel and my oregano of 6.6 PH. I think it's doing extremely well for such conditions. Also it had never got any supplements until today :D I managed to get my hands on some organic guano for it, hope it'll help a lot during flowering.
Ventilation is something that I don't need since it's right under the (almost always open) window.

For my second (and real) try, in order to get it more bushy and have many "main" stems I was thinking main-lining it. But further reading made me change my mind because it's an autoflower and I will slow down it's development by topping it. It won't grow enough in just 3-5 weeks to justify main-lining. So I decided to bend it already - it's on its 3rd node and it has maybe 5-7cm. This is something that I don't fully know how to do it but I'll learn more as it grows.

I saw a lot of photos here and most plants have such strong base stem.. I don't know how to achieve this yet, but most had 2x-3x times the thickness.

@GT21 I'm not sure what you mean and how it's done exactly

I will keep you up to date with my plants. Maybe I will start a new thread, kinda like a development blog. What do you think?
Take your finger and thumb and pinch the top of the stem

S

Sargemilla

Yes, I got that, but what is it for? what's the effect? when in the development phases is best to do? does it replace fiming\topping?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yes, I got that, but what is it for? what's the effect? when in the development phases is best to do? does it replace fiming\topping?
Look up supercropping that’s what he is referring to. Idea is to slightly hurt the plant into it forcing itself to heal, sending all the “good stuff” to said branch / stem. Its the easiest training for th return

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

It's an auto remember ladies and gents .
I will never buy autos again other than the need for medicine.
My wife gets mad that I read about my hobby and medication so intently. The truth is there are many types of plant training.
High stress training is for photos that have a large main cola and the ability for it to bend has since past. So I would start by puttinga stake in the ground, then pull over the main as close to parallel with the growing medium as possible.

My 3 most important results from my first experiment with white widow auto fem:
No stress training- bend and stake
Fim- instead of topping
50% manufacturer's recommended nutrient ratio - K.I.S.S. ( remember first off ur a stoner, keep it simple, sorry its true. Go with ur base nutrients and get that right first by listening to the plants and trusting the process.
Hey its your bud ;)
-Ty

S

Sargemilla

Ok so I just calculated my ak47's age and it's 21 days old from rise, but I think it's way too little for its age. I wouldn't panic over it because it looks very healthy, but it's an autofem and time is critical... many autos start flowering already at 21 days and mine looks like this (see uploads). Should I be concerned? Maybe I should start a new plant?
Perhaps an auto breed is not the best choice for my aforementioned setup
Thanks

20180707 203136
20180707 203153
Last edited:
Top Bottom