Gotten A Marijuana Dui But Not High?

• Thread starter KellySwanson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KellySwanson

Have you gotten a marijuana dui but you had smoked hours ago and were no longer "impaired"?

My name is Kelly Swanson and I am a reporter for the Peninsula Press, a project of the Stanford Journalism Program. I am writing an article about the issues surrounding the creation of laws concerning driving under the influence of marijuana in California, and I was wondering if there was anyone who could share their experiences of being pulled over for marijuana DUI while not actually showing impairment from using marijuana (in California or in other states). I am trying to describe the controversy of using a blood test for THC when it could show THC in the body from a while ago because THC is stored in fat cells.

Please reach out if you or someone you know has had a similar experience or would like to discuss marijuana DUIs. Thanks!

My email is [email protected] and my phone number is (504)-810-1487

Wonderwaffle

Wonderwaffle

THC in fat cells and THC in blood are unrelated. I believe it's 24-48 hours until it is metabolized from your bloodstream.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

You might try reaching out to our weekly mag Westword, their staff has regularly reported on the weed dui issue, as well as the 5ng/mL threshold for DUID. They had a story that had the pot critic have his blood tested, checked for sobriety by a doctor and was still three times the limit, or something close to that.

There are good people at the cannabist as well, at least from my past experience.

K

KellySwanson

You might try reaching out to our weekly mag Westword, their staff has regularly reported on the weed dui issue, as well as the 5ng/mL threshold for DUID. They had a story that had the pot critic have his blood tested, checked for sobriety by a doctor and was still three times the limit, or something close to that.

There are good people at the cannabist as well, at least from my past experience.
Great! Thanks for your help!

Top Bottom