Grams per Watt - What's the formula?

• Thread starter Boylobster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greyskull

Greyskull

Whats that plant called?
edit: seriously whats the lineage of that 30day flowering plant? are you making crosses with that? everyone must be knockin down your door for a 30day flower plant that yeilds an elbow form a 600. please do tell

F

Finalopagus

I play music along with many other growers. What kind of music?
I use a 45 seven mark III spray bottle. What micron is your sparyer?
I work naked and breath heavy. What do you wear?
My clone roots grow to the left. Yours grow to the right.
not tryin to rain on this parade but man it is just impossible to make a FAIR comparison.

holy shit thats be some nuggles boss... gray bird winter ale?

Boylobster

Boylobster

Well, first, I should clarify that while the times are absolutely accurate, the weight is still hypothetical. This is my first run with this plant in Deep Water Culture, and while it looks really good, the final weight is still unknown. I'm confident that it will yield *at least* 3 ozzies (more, I hope... plus, its growth profile is so compact that I could easily let it get larger in veg). Given that, I'm also confident that I can grow 5 of them (I have other strains along side right now, but they're gonna' have to sit out for a while!) adequately under one 600W on my light rail. That would nearly give you your elbow or more, once a month. :)

As to the plant itself, it's one of those happy coincidences... a buddy gave me some seeds that were supposedly (as always, who the hell knows for sure?) SageSourDiesel crossed with a local strain. This is the only one of the three seedlings that survived the mite infestation that hit me immediately after they sprouted... :P It's a blessed child, certainly. :D

I've not made any crosses 'cause..... well, to be honest, I've never tried breeding before! What can I tell 'ya?

What's *really* givin' me wood about this plant is the fact that I run two 600W bulbs on rails. If I can pull a mature... mmm... L-bow from each light monthly, that means I can stagger the harvest to pull down an elbow every two weeks. Yeek!

Boylobster

Boylobster

I'm trying to be patient, to wait and see how it plays out in practice lest my dick burst from the sustained excitement. :D

Boylobster

Boylobster

Finalopagus, you're absolutely right, of course - there are too many variables for such comparisons to ever be completely accurate, but such is life. I still think it would be neat, y'know? Zoolander grows *amazing* plants... lots of cats 'round here grow amazing plants. I'd just kinda' like to know how much juice it takes 'em to do it; it could be inspiring.

As for a contest, well... I'd like to think such a thing would simply be for good fun, though it could be instructive as well. What if two people are growing the same clone stock, as you suggested, and laboring to make many other factors equal, but one winds up with a significantly greater yield. An analysis of the differences between the two grows might reveal some important parameters for that particular strain, or for ganja in general... who knows, right? :) Forward, into a bold, stony future! :D

...almost forgot, yeah, it was a clump! :) As for the beer, it's... well... "Blurred Out for Security" Winter Ale. Delicious. :D

F

Finalopagus

I don't get the joke? This plant is yielding 3 oz.?

DWC = Direct Water Culture (deep or shallow)
deja vu

Boylobster

Boylobster

Mm... no joke, it's bigger than it looks in that photo. As I said, however, I've got to wait to see how she weighs out, despite my predictions. Apologies if my terminology wasn't correct, thanks! :)

F

Finalopagus

Cool no harm....

back to post topic;
There be no better way to tell skill then good old 1g per watt
or as the outside growers keep score two, six, ten times bigger then indoors.... dam punks:sun

Greyskull

Greyskull

Well, first, I should clarify that while the times are absolutely accurate, the weight is still hypothetical. This is my first run with this plant in Deep Water Culture, and while it looks really good, the final weight is still unknown.

ah....okay....thanks for clarifying things.
Let us know what she weighs when she's all dry.
good luck!

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

how much??

digi 600..485 watt use..3 months max..6 foot light rail mover..sour diesal..rockwool 6x6 with 3 gal coco hydro drain to waste..

2 oz's dri weight per plant. 2 plants side by side=12 flowering.

a lot depends on strain..forget abusive kush if u want big trees..

Boylobster

Boylobster

Will do! Perhaps a separate thread is in order for the super-sprinter? :)

F

Finalopagus

I have drank 11 beers now and this will be my last post in this thread as i HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT

Boylobster

Boylobster

Nice, TT! :D Thanks for chipping in; I like to geek out on other people's setups as much as my own, y'know? So, that's 2oz per plant, and 6 plants? For 12oz over 3 months? Do I have that right?

Sooo... just for fun, that'd be: 600Wx12hoursx3months = 648kW hours. 336g/648kW hours = .51g/kW hour. Of course, that has no relation to the usual g/Watt standard, so I'll say.... awesome! :D If other people want to play, then it could get interesting! :)

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

2 months...

now depending on strain...skunk and hashplant yeild big..dwc can be unforgiving, overfertilize..dead..salt..dead..little plastic bits dead..root rot dead...soooo...iam going withthe 6in rockwool..drain to waste coco chunky perlite under the rockwool when the roots show..

sativas always stemy..loads of stem..3 to for inches of stem an no bud..sucks..so all about strain an the beast phenotype...and plant vigor..some strains finish in 58 days...never seen a true 30 day.

anyways..good luck..always lookin for a better way always

Boylobster

Boylobster

some strains finish in 58 days...never seen a true 30 day.

:D Yeah, and apparently no else in the world has either. Might as well make my humiliation public; maybe someone can learn from it. Check that thread again and you'll see what I'm mean... :thinking

Aside from that, thanks again for sharing!

J

J.Henry

If I'm not mistaken, this formula is just a means of calculating the efficiency of your lights in relation to your yields not necessarily the efficiency of your growing style or facility efficiency. I would assume some (maybe most) people in this discussion are not commercial growers rather home growers which would make sense for just using your lights energy consumption/yield because its too much work to determine your HVAC and other hardware consumption rates. Correct me if Im wrong in either of my assumptions. Because I'm in the Colorado legal industry and hear a lot of numbers but would like to know if everyone is referring to a standard formula (in regards to commercial growers g/KwH, that is). Cheers and happy growing.

LI grows

LI grows

Mathematical formula for a perpetual grow. grams per watt. I have 1600W bloom chamber and I'm yielding 8 plants per week each plant weighs on average 1.3 ounces.

2000 watts...That includes 400watt Veg chamber

37 grams per plant X 8 = 296 (10.5z) ((PER WEEK))
296 X 9weeks = 2664grams(95z)
2664g / 2000watts =1.3 grams per watt over 9 week period
2664g / 1600watts =1.6 grams per watt over 9 week period just flower power.

U

UrbanFarm3r

Now does this mean .5g/watt/plant? So let's say I have 3 plants under a 600watt hps. I can expect 300g/ plant) x 3 = 900g per light?

LI grows

LI grows

300g plant is a tree. I believe SOG method is most efficient. I grow many small plants and lollypop them to grow only tops. Im doing perpetual and each group blooms for 9 weeks. my chamber is over crowded and not much light is hitting the floor.
Unknown 2

Latest posts

Top Bottom