Grease Monkey

• Thread starter SimplyCmplex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

OK...this is my grease monkey grow. Had a couple requests to see early pictures. Also had some questions of what I feed my gals.

Well first off...I believe in great white mycorrhizae, starting from jump. Whether it's seed or newly rooted clone. I also use silica blast and ful-humix! Coupled with a tea Ive tweaked for 3 years and molasses.

Since I've been pheno hunting my strains I don't spend much time training. I may top once, then let em go. Once I find what I'm looking for I'll train and top some hefty gals. I did train and top a bit on these before I flipped to take clones..I believe I took 15 or so clones total from 5 plants.

Had to check the calender finishing week 4 soon. Pics aren't too special, only using half the tent currently...got 5 kimbos up in front of the grease monkeys I'll eventually move over to the other side along with probably another 5-8 kimbos from veg. Well I'll update over a couple weeks. And Merry Xmas to everyone!

See the Kimbo in the bottom a couple days left flushing nicely.
Grease monkey

Starting to purple up a bit
Grease monkey 2

Those rails are getting frosty
Grease monkey 3
Grease monkey 4
Grease monkey 5

Bonus kimbo shot..she's a lovely plant VERY underrated IMO!
Grease monkey 6

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Close to week 6..
I have 2 distinct phenos by view, and smell. This is what makes pheno hunting... gratifying for me. Hoping you get that oddball surprise..and hoping it checks all the "want" boxes!

Quick snap of the grease monkeys...couldn't get them all in the shot, mainly wanted to show the comparison between the 2 phenos.

20170106 175432

Up close of 1 of the 2
20170106 175326 1
20170106 175308

Xeno

Xeno

U can tell these are guna b good, great trich development beautiful colours on the flowers.
What are smelling like?. I imagine they live up to their name and r greasy/sticky?
2weeks left. They are going 2b fire bud.
Peace

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

U can tell these are guna b good, great trich development beautiful colours on the flowers.
What are smelling like?. I imagine they live up to their name and r greasy/sticky?
2weeks left. They are going 2b fire bud.
Peace

Thank you much, the tent smell is of earthy sour funk, in a good way. You can definitely tell which are the gg4 leaners and which are the cooks n cream leaners.

Not super terpy, the biggest gal has a minimal smell, the 2 purp cooks leaners have the most terps and reek of goodness. Pink #4 I grew had the greasiest terpy feel I've ever experienced in bud. Even at a months cure, it still has a saturated sponge like feel, like the first day I jarred it.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

How are these coming along gotta be close to being done

They actually didn't follow ex's estimated flowering time. Although I never really put much faith in alleged flowering times anways..his previous gear was pretty right on. Day 71 was today. I pulled 1 (the runt) a week ago, pulled one tday. The other 4 could easily go another 7 days at least. I'll probably hold out another 3 days and recheck em. Luckily I didn't flush when I usually do.

Anything with cooks lineage has always ran longer than suggested from past experience.

20170129 160108
20170127 234443

The heavy cookie leaner runt. Headed to the jar. Nose is straight up cookie funk...if you've smelled cookies you know the smell, and it's LOUD!
20170129 224255 1
20170129 224410 1

Got so many different strains going right now, this will be an exciting year.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Alrighty chopped the others down as well, had 1 other heavy cookie leaner...the others appear to lean gg4. Strong chemy nose. Pics...everyone loves pics. The gg4 leaners all colored the same, with the same nose...
20170131 143731

The cookie leaner is so purdy with a super loud cookie nose...she did her thing..
20170131 143551
20170131 143510
20170131 143557

Bonus shot...guess who? 5 days in flower...I see you shining!!! She'll be wearing some pretty colors!
20170130 122455

907debow1234

907debow1234

Holy 2000 watts of hps batman! Crazy what's your foot print for those good looking flowers? Only using half your tent, you said.. How big is tent in total? Love the results. But would also like a sneak peek at setup. Fans an box.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Holy 2000 watts of hps batman! Crazy what's your foot print for those good looking flowers? Only using half your tent, you said.. How big is tent in total? Love the results. But would also like a sneak peek at setup. Fans an box.

Appreciate the luv. Simply an 8x4 for flower. I overlap each side by about a month...keeps me perpetual. I don't use any air circulation fans. I use an 8" Can RS8HO running thru the 2 cooltubes to a can 66 filter. Truthfully, I simply keep my heat, and ph in check, and the gals reward me for my attention.

E

eastcoastled

Alrighty chopped the others down as well, had 1 other heavy cookie leaner...the others appear to lean gg4. Strong chemy nose. Pics...everyone loves pics. The gg4 leaners all colored the same, with the same nose...
View attachment 664328

The cookie leaner is so purdy with a super loud cookie nose...she did her thing..View attachment 664329 View attachment 664330 View attachment 664331

Bonus shot...guess who? 5 days in flower...I see you shining!!! She'll be wearing some pretty colors!View attachment 664332
Nice man, that heavy cookie leaner is just beautiful!! I popped my last two grease monkey beans, and got two more ladies. One is definitely looking like a cookie leaner, fatter leaves,and frosty in veg. Definitely one of those strains that produces keepers, took me a year to decide which of my first two ladies was the one to keep.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Nice man, that heavy cookie leaner is just beautiful!! I popped my last two grease monkey beans, and got two more ladies. One is definitely looking like a cookie leaner, fatter leaves,and frosty in veg. Definitely one of those strains that produces keepers, took me a year to decide which of my first two ladies was the one to keep.

Thank you much, I'd love to see what you end up with.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

You drop your temps at the end to make em go so purple or they just go on their own? My friends running few different phenos of GM he's dropping temps way low and everything else in the room purple as hell cept the GMs. Everything looks phenomenal btw:D

Thank you, my Temps get down to 68-70 with lights out. Dropping the Temps to induce coloring can work, but I feel it's a bit exaggerated. Ive seen temps high 50s at night throughout flowering and everything remains bright green. I believe it's mostly in the genes. Temps and light schedules can induce coloring.

E

eastcoastled

Pics of my first two in my thread
Actually, my first two grease monkey ladies are in the thread I started in this section, you can check them out whenever, along with some of the other exotic strains i have grown. My other two grease monkeys will go into flower in the next week, and the cube is on deck.....looking like a couple weeks later.

Top Bottom