Grow Room Flooring

• Thread starter gravelspice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gravelspice

We are setting up a grow that will have about 5000 sqft (veg and flower), and the space currently just has a concrete floor. We're wondering if there is a better type of floor coating we should consider. Our current location had an elaborate 3-part epoxy flooring system of some kind (it was a clean room environment that we lucked into).

Our local flooring store has come out, and is doing some investigating for us, but they haven't seen many of these yet. The current thought is that most types of adhesive are probably not a good idea, and that we need to be concerned about "off gassing".

Googling has given a couple possibilities:

http://www.epoxyfloorcoating.com/floor-application-marijuana-cultivation.html

But before going too far down this rabbit hole, wondering if anyone out there has used products like these, or has advice. Functionally we don't have a problem with just leaving the floor as bare concrete (as far as moving pots, water spillage, etc.). Our interest is primarily with possible reflectivity and better sanitary conditions.

stonestacker

stonestacker

I used a one part floor paint worked good. Sure cleans up a lot easier than just cement. The guy at the store told me to tape a piece of plastic to the floor for 24 hr. If you have condensation on the plastic when you lift it then the paint won't stick well. I used white, wish I would have used gray instead. But still glad I painted the floor first.

GBAUTO

GBAUTO

I can't attest to grow room durability, but as a commercial auto garage owner I have had some experience with floor coatings. A 2 part epoxy coating is going to be the most durable but it's also the most tedious to put down. The basic concrete flooring paint is the easiest to use and has a pretty good durability-unless you expect to see some harsh solvents on the ground it's what I would use.

G

gravelspice

Thanks all for the suggestions, gives us some helpful directions!

Top Bottom