• Thread starter BIGDAMBUD1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BIGDAMBUD1

BIGDAMBUD1

Grow room watchdog 3
Grow room watchdog
Grow room watchdog 2
Some of you may be using this I don't know...but it will give ya a little time away from the grow when the unexpected shows up or happens... and you can't tend the girls...or water....shit happens right...I took a simple timer from Home Depot and a little sprinkler stuff and made a well calibrated watering watchdog system for soil baggers in an emergency...simple and dead on effective...I have used this simple set-up now for some time, and have become quite dependent on it ...lol...it works fantastic...set-up is easy...programming a breeze...oh the many times it saved my ass...here's a couple pics of the simple set-up...I'll be glad to explain if interested...B

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

View attachment 358500 View attachment 358496 View attachment 358497 Some of you may be using this I don't know...but it will give ya a little time away from the grow when the unexpected shows up or happens... and you can't tend the girls...or water....shit happens right...I took a simple timer from Home Depot and a little sprinkler stuff and made a well calibrated watering watchdog system for soil baggers in an emergency...simple and dead on effective...I have used this simple set-up now for some time, and have become quite dependent on it ...lol...it works fantastic...set-up is easy...programming a breeze...oh the many times it saved my ass...here's a couple pics of the simple set-up...I'll be glad to explain if interested...B
interesting, would love to have it explained !

BIGDAMBUD1

BIGDAMBUD1

Yea guys...this shit will save that ass when you stumble the time needed in the garden...Good Seamaiden...then you see how simple the timer is and can help out here...it is very easy to set and reliable as hell...put good copper tops in it and it is flawless...this plug and play shit is super easy to work with...no more than a box cutter needed...first...don't mix and match this shit...stay with the same brand...I got it all at the Depot...most of this stuff comes in muti-pack type packages...4 nozzles to the pack....4 tee's to the pack...etc...the 1/2 tubing comes 25' rolls...you can get either a single or Dual timer...They are as worded...single station...dual station...we can get into more of that as we go along here...if water pressure is an issue,be sure you get the screw on pressure regulator for the timer...it will prevent any chance of failure from too high a pressure...lets begin....starting from your tap...screw on Regulator...add timer...configure 1/2 in main trunk...run lines to pots....add emitters....pretty much done...now...here's the interesting part...when you buy the emitters or drippers there are 2 types...buy the "pressure compensated "ones only...it's listed on the pack...mine are 1gal per hr pressure compensated...under normal water pressure, they will only drip 1 gal per hr...or 1 qt in 15 mins...I checked them in 1 qt mason jars and 1 gal jugs several times...they are fairly accurate as packaged...see where I'm going...I was running a strain that I was very familiar with the first time I rigged this up,so it was easy to figure times and amounts...you can see 5 taps in the photo above on the main line...this feeds 5 pots in a small area....each pot is identical in size...lines going to pots are the same length...emitters are the same GPH...etc...I knew that every 48 hrs they needed watering in these pots....they usually needed 1 gl every watering at 48hrs...now...the dripper will do only 1 gal per hr max...1 qt in 15 mins...etc....you can set the timer for 1/2 hr per day and it will supply 1/2 gal per day to each pot...or...set it to 1 hr on every 48 hrs...get 1 gal to each pot...which is/was the same amount of water I was doing manually...this make any sense so far...B

BIGDAMBUD1

BIGDAMBUD1

Yes...for sure an azz saver...took up my slack this week with another missed water...my plants on avg this run use about a 1/2 gal each per 24 hr...my drippers are 1gal per hr...so I have my timer set to 30min on,which gives me the 1/2 gal needed per day...I visit at least every 48 hrs and manually feed my teas and supplements, as if I had no "Watchdog" set-up... this thing has a 24 hr rain delay also...I turn it on when I leave after my scheduled feedings, and after 48hrs pass, and I don't return to water/feed for what-ever reason, it will come on and water 1/2 gal to each pot, per day, til I return...days...weeks...etc...saved my azz so many times...and if I make my scheduled time ,I just turn it off before it's programmed on time to stop it's function...You'll never regret the time you spend here to understand and use this simple little set-up...it will work solid and accurate every time as you have it programmed without a glitch...I also think 1/2 gal per day is better for plants, much more than 1 gal every 2 days in the same size pot...stops over-drying of your soil between waterings...and with these pressure compensated drippers, it waters very slow, a single drop at a time, making for a very even watering with no dry spots...anybody growing in soil should use this...it's cheap insurance...B

Max Frost

Max Frost

Thanks Big! That is an ass saver for sure! I don't know how many times this thing could have saved me from ripping back the tent doors, only to find (a) droopy, wilted plant(s)! So where is the water coming from? Are you tapping a line or are you hooked to some type of reservior? Great idea bro! best, -Max :wacky:

BIGDAMBUD1

BIGDAMBUD1

Thanks Big! That is an ass saver for sure! I don't know how many times this thing could have saved me from ripping back the tent doors, only to find (a) droopy, wilted plant(s)! So where is the water coming from? Are you tapping a line or are you hooked to some type of reservior? Great idea bro! best, -Max :wacky:
Maxx..I'm just tapped into my existing well...I have used this to fill res with hydro set-ups too....and yea...the idea was created from seeing a few wilted myself...lol...this has saved my azz numerous times because of unexpected things...like here during the holidays when peeps come around at just the wrong time for me...it'll be there and get it done whether you can or not...I'll never not have it in my rooms....and this thing will give you such peace of mind until you can get to your girls...without having to run peeps off with them "gotta go" suspicious white lies...Holla if you need any help with set-up...B

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Nice BDB1. Looks stupid cheap and simple compared to the other options. Any chance you know the brand name?

PB

BIGDAMBUD1

BIGDAMBUD1

Nice BDB1. Looks stupid cheap and simple compared to the other options. Any chance you know the brand name?

PB
Yes...it's Orbit...they're carried by your local Home Depot or Lowes...bout 30 bucs..you can get single station or duel...I use these year round on various things...Citrus...Ferns...etc...and they are spot on and trouble free...they are now a permanent part of my grow anything...B

BIGDAMBUD1

BIGDAMBUD1

Thanks for posting this up it's just what I was needing.
You'll like it aksquid...don't let it make you lazy at watering the girls though...lol......I really put a lot of confidence in this thing sometimes....and it has performed spot on watering when my scheduled time becomes shadowed by the unexpected...a great tool to have when you just can't get there...B

Top Bottom