Growing Dinafem Critical + Auto Cbd Feminised Plant...ongoing Grow.

• Thread starter Civicsi06
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Hey everyone again! I finished growing the Amnesia Haze Auto and now moving on to the Dinafem Critical + Auto CBD plant.

So just a basic break down from the beginning....

Purchased Auto Flower Seeds from seedsman.com
Seeds purchased was Critical + Auto CBD Feminized Seeds.

I germinated the seed using the paper towel method inside a plastic baggy inside a humidity dome. After 2 days the seed showed it's tail (about 3/4" long).

I placed the seed into a 3 gallon smart pot using Fox Farms Happy Frog Soil (60% mix) and Fox Farms Ocean Forest (40% mix). Also added in perlite.

Very light watering from start (filtered water from fridge). After 2 days, plant showed itself on August 1st.

The first 12 days I had the plant under 2 Ecosmart GP19 daylight 5000K bulbs... No nutes.....

Day 3
Growing dinafem critical  auto cbd feminised plantongoing grow
Growing dinafem critical  auto cbd feminised plantongoing grow 2

Day 4
Growing dinafem critical  auto cbd feminised plantongoing grow 3
Growing dinafem critical  auto cbd feminised plantongoing grow 4

Day 5
Growing dinafem critical  auto cbd feminised plantongoing grow 5
Growing dinafem critical  auto cbd feminised plantongoing grow 6

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Day 12 - Moved plant into grow tent.

My set up is as follows:

TopoLite 48" x 24" x 72" Grow Tent
iPower 4Inch High CFM Inline Exhausting Fan & Carbon Air Filter
VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum
2 Outlet Light Timer
Cheap 8" Fan
Misc. Items.....Air Duct Silencer....Insulated 4" Ducting....Surge Protector....Fans speed controller....etc...

Nutrients:

General Hydroponics Flora Nova Grow and Bloom
General Hydroponics pH Up and Down

So this is how my set up is. I am running the exhaust fan on lowest fan speed setting (24 hrs.) 8" fan running (24 hrs.)
LED Light (18/6). I had the light about 6 inches from plant on day 12 but then moved it up to around 15" due to high heat. Temp was reading 91 degrees.

Tent Set Up:

Day13tenntts
Day13tentttssss
Day13tent

Day 12 (light to low)
12day
12days

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Day 13
13day
13days

Will try to upload pics everyday to show grow. Hopefully everything turns out. So far this plant is not growing as quick as the amnesia haze has. We will see!

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Day 14
14day
14days

Need opinions....how does everyone water at this stage of the plants life? Do you just sprinkle water as needed or do you water until runoff then wait a couple days to water again?

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Day 33

Ok so I am starting to see some yellowing and some brown spots on some of the older leaves. The new growth looks pretty healthy. Is this normal? If not, what do you think could be the cause? I have not given the plant any kind of nutes, just pH water.

33 day
33 da
33 d

plm

plm

Definitely needs more N due to the discoloration of the leaves, add some Cal Mag too while at it if possible. But pay attention at the fact that you will need to add some P and K soon, (a PK booster will do) cause the plant will use more of these elements during flowering to build the structures of the buds.

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Definitely needs more N due to the discoloration of the leaves, add some Cal Mag too while at it if possible. But pay attention at the fact that you will need to add some P and K soon, (a PK booster will do) cause the plant will use more of these elements during flowering to build the structures of the buds.
Thanks for the info! Since I am still new to all of this by you saying N you mean Nitrogen right? I do have cal mag on hand so I can use that. Should I start using small amounts of Nutes also? I have the General Hydroponics Flora Nova Grow and Bloom (should I start using the Bloom)?

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Thanks for the info! Since I am still new to all of this by you saying N you mean Nitrogen right? I do have cal mag on hand so I can use that. Should I start using small amounts of Nutes also? I have the General Hydroponics Flora Nova Grow and Bloom (should I start using the Bloom)?
Also can I mix the cal mag into the water and then nutes into the water or should I do them seperate?

Dutch Jon

Dutch Jon

Yes you should get on the bloom

As far as cal/mag you do need use it now but which on first escape me

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Ok so day 35, still showing yellowing and brown spots. Will start adding some cal mag and some nutes next watering (1-2 days from now).

Day 35 Camera flash on:
35 d
35 da
35 day

Camera flash off:
35 dayss
35 days

plm

plm

Start adding Bloom nutes, give half the dosage recommended first, see how to plant reacts, then use the full dosage, they should have a fair amount of N to fix that or just keep it in check, and the needed P and K for flowering phase, so give that, on the next watering you can add some Cal Mag too, but don't forget to give clean water also.

You should water like this, bloom, then calmag, then clean waterings, then you add more if the plant asks for it, until you fix that, and in final 2 weeks before harvest, just give plain water.

You can try use the Grow nute 1 or 2 waterings as well as in week 6 of flowering (but only once) as it should have higher concentration of N than Bloom nute, in case you cannot correct the N deficiency with Bloom.

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Apologies for not updating....I think she is doing much better now since the one time feeding of cal mag and then every other watering with just 2ml of bloom nutes :)

Day 58

58 d
58 da
58 day

Dutch Jon

Dutch Jon

looking way better. I guess you lost out a little production not switchin to bloom, the trichomes will tell you when the plant is ready . . it almost seemed you were having pH issues just a rhought

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

looking way better. I guess you lost out a little production not switchin to bloom, the trichomes will tell you when the plant is ready . . it almost seemed you were having pH issues just a rhought
Yea I agree, I think it was a pH issue before. I havent used any Grow nutes on her just used Bloom nutes.

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Ok so day 82 now, here are some tric pics.....I think she needs some more time, what you guys think? Should I start the 2 week flush now?

Day 82

82d
82da
82day
82days
82days01
82days02
82days03
82days04
82days05
82days06
82days07

Dutch Jon

Dutch Jon

pretty nice tric's . . I'm confused if these are pics of two different plants or one, I supose I could read back but regardless if it's two plants then the one with more amber could be ready but pic's of the hairs are still so white and haven't really retracted or is that from another plant? if it's same plant is it posable their still getting a bit of Nitrogen? if so man you have to cut back at lest on the nutes with N because it seems it just wants to keep on keeping on. .

Sorry bout the long answer, personally I'd go another 5 -7 days and get more amber and see...pretty big window you got to work with

Top Bottom