Growing Single Clone

• Thread starter TT87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TT87

I was gifted a single clone of Dark Heart Remedy and would like any and all suggestions for setting up a grow area for it.

Indoors there's no a lot of room to set up a grow area except a non-functional bathtub or the insulated garage room. Outdoors I have a 8'x10' greenhouse for my tropical plants, but it's missing a panel and currently getting as low as 50° at night.

I know I'll be needing to get lights and I need to decide on hydroponics or soil soon. My gardening experience is mostly limited to cacti, succulents and tropical plants. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Growing single clone
Monster762

Monster762

It’s kinda like a cacti.
Ok so I think I saw your other thread. This one has a pic. I responded on other thread. Eventually you should make a diary. Puts everything in one place and people following it will be alerted when you post to it instead of just waiting for someone to click the random thread. This would be a good start. Your in Rock wool cube I think. I know nothing really on hydro. But I think you can go either way from here.

ladiesbstfrd

ladiesbstfrd

Plant it in coco in a 5gallon plastic pot, what are your day time temps, cause you wouldn't be able to leave it out over night if u get any colder than what you stated, it would flourish in natural sunlight of course if it's humid where u are that may cause a problem in flowering,

T

TT87

I appreciate swing your light set up in the other thread! I'll try to get a diary set up later tonight. It is in Rockwool, I'm not very good with hydroponics so I'm just going to stick with soil. We're looking at this as an experiment before buying more clones so I think I need to limit the variables for now.
It’s kinda like a cacti.
Ok so I think I saw your other thread. This one has a pic. I responded on other thread. Eventually you should make a diary. Puts everything in one place and people following it will be alerted when you post to it instead of just waiting for someone to click the random thread. This would be a good start. Your in Rock wool cube I think. I know nothing really on hydro. But I think you can go either way from here.

T

TT87

My daytime temps are high 60s, nighttime high 40s. I want to say humity is about 20% most days right now when it's not raining, otherwise it's about 5-10%. After March everything thrives outside but I think it's just too cold right now and the next couple of months. The roof of our greenhouse completely blew off this weekend and I won't be able to repair it for a few weeks when I have more than just a day off.

As for potting, I've settled on soil in 5gal since I'm more familiar with that.

Plant it in coco in a 5gallon plastic pot, what are your day time temps, cause you wouldn't be able to leave it out over night if u get any colder than what you stated, it would flourish in natural sunlight of course if it's humid where u are that may cause a problem in flowering,

Enforcer

Enforcer

For the veg cycle, you’re going to want to get as close to 78-80* day / 65-68* night and 50-70% humidity as you can for optimum growth. An overnight low in the 40s probably won’t kill it, but it will stall the growth quite a bit. A heater and humidifier would do wonders for your plant. That may not be feasible until the roof is fixed. But it’s a good goal to shoot for. I agree, for now you should stick to what you know as far as soil. Less variables to figure out.

T

TT87

For the veg cycle, you’re going to want to get as close to 78-80* day / 65-68* night and 50-70% humidity as you can for optimum growth.

Our overnight lows are now dropping into the 30s, daytime highs in the 50s so I've moved the plant into a spare room. Yesterday was the first full day there, daytime temp was around 78, overnight was around 72 because it's in the house where we keep the heater set to 71. Humidity has been 35-40%.

I'm on the lookout for a baby humidifier for the room, it's only about 10x10 so I think a small nursery humidifier should do the trick? The hydroponics store I went to only had large units, might just need to go to the pharmacy.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Just moving them into the room will be a big improvement. Be sure to put an oscillating fan in the room for air flow. They like that.

T

TT87

It’s a start. Bring the light closer to the plant. Fluorescent lights can be just a few inches above the plant. Having it that high will make the plant stretch for the light.

Thanks for the tip! It's too much hassle to lower the light so I stacked another dog bowl under the pot. Yes, dog bowl...this spare room is actually the room we keep all the dog food and extra bedding and where we feed the dogs. It's also my sewing room. :-P

Enforcer

Enforcer

Thanks for the tip! It's too much hassle to lower the light so I stacked another dog bowl under the pot. Yes, dog bowl...this spare room is actually the room we keep all the dog food and extra bedding and where we feed the dogs. It's also my sewing room. :p
We all started somewhere bro. Don’t worry, you’ll get bit by the grow bug and soon you’ll have HID or LED lighting, a tent, and a deep water culture or a multi-feed drippers in coco setup. :)

Reactions: Ina
T

TT87

We all started somewhere bro. Don’t worry, you’ll get bit by the grow bug and soon you’ll have HID or LED lighting, a tent, and a deep water culture or multi-feed drippers in coco setup. :)

Haha, all I wanted was a 20:1 tincture, not an actual plant! But it'll be worth it if I can make my own. Got ZERO relief from CBD only, but just a smidge of THC makes a heck of a difference for my joint pain!

Enforcer

Enforcer

Haha, all I wanted was a 20:1 tincture, not an actual plant! But it'll be worth it if I can make my own. Got ZERO relief from CBD only, but just a smidge of THC makes a heck of a difference for my joint pain!
You may like a 1:1 strain like Pennywise. Equally amounts THC & CBD.

Ina

Ina

Thanks for the tip! It's too much hassle to lower the light so I stacked another dog bowl under the pot. Yes, dog bowl...this spare room is actually the room we keep all the dog food and extra bedding and where we feed the dogs. It's also my sewing room. :p
Hoho,,im sure few months later the dogs will eat somewhere else and this will be hole,white grow room;)If you want to keep it bushy,not tall you should lower the light much more.Also I wanted to warn you about these small pests,may be you know them from your other plants-spider,russet and other mites.It is good to clean and wash everything you put under the plant,around it....Check the leaves regularly until it is small and easy to manage.They are really,really small.The clone is fine.

T

TT87

You may like a 1:1 strain like Pennywise. Equally amounts THC & CBD.

I'll look into that, I'm already looking at high CBD strains to grow from seed in the spring.

Hoho,,im sure few months later the dogs will eat somewhere else and this will be hole,white grow room;)If you want to keep it bushy,not tall you should lower the light much more.Also I wanted to warn you about these small pests,may be you know them from your other plants-spider,russet and other mites.It is good to clean and wash everything you put under the plant,around it....Check the leaves regularly until it is small and easy to manage.They are really,really small.The clone is fine.

Trying to clean out the garage, it was converted to a bedroom ages ago. I've been planning to turn it into a home gym, but it's got a walk in closet that would be perfect for a grow room.

As for bugs, I've been keeping a close eye on the plant, not signs of anything yet but I think I need to get a sticky trap since we've had fruit fly issues in that room in the past.

Reactions: Ina
Top Bottom