Haaaavvvveee Your Met Led's?

• Thread starter DC1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DC1

DC1

Haaaavvvveee your met leds

Hey hey,

What do you all think of this intro to my Mars II 1600? Details below...

x3 C99 and x1 WW started in a 4x4x6.5 from bean, under a 200w SunBlaster CFL (175w from wall).

Today is day 31. We had a slight set back, im thinking 4-6 days behind because I was under feeding. Tomorrow they should be ready for their second topping. I added the LED a couple hours ago.

The Mars II 1600 LED draws 480 from the wall on growth. I have the LED centred over top of the wing reflector at a hight of 42" above the canopy which sits below the CFL. Ill attach the "Mars PAR diagram" below...assuming its actual fact...sigh

Thoughts, ideas, criticisms? Too much light with the PAR around the perimeter? Would love to hear optimal choices for the transition.

Haaaavvvveee your met leds 2

B

Burned Haze

That purple funk

Have you used a par meter over your canopy to see if those ratings are accurate ? Are you running c02?

There’s never too much light on a healthy plant with enough c02 and proper vpd, airflow and nutrients applied .

I have seen some negative reviews on that brand but too each their own and I hope you have a fun time at least . Who knows maybe it will be enough light for the plants but I use 600w led cob’s and Spyrx plus and even then I have to butcher the bott0ms and deleafs to make sure they do what they should. I def love led over hid for so many reasons ( not going to take over thread lol )

Reactions: DC1
DC1

DC1

That purple funk

Have you used a par meter over your canopy to see if those ratings are accurate ? Are you running c02?

There’s never too much light on a healthy plant with enough c02 and proper vpd, airflow and nutrients applied .

I have seen some negative reviews on that brand but too each their own and I hope you have a fun time at least . Who knows maybe it will be enough light for the plants but I use 600w led cob’s and Spyrx plus and even then I have to butcher the bott0ms and deleafs to make sure they do what they should. I def love led over hid for so many reasons ( not going to take over thread lol )

Thanks for the reply!

I don’t have a PAR meter, I should get one. I am not running c02 either. I am in a controlled AC cooled environment with venting out of a window. I keep some of the tent windows/vents open as well as run x2 6” fans beside two of the upper vents, attempting to pull cool air in. I have no problem with temps or humidity, yet. I will need to add a dehumidifier during the late stages.

Do I have enough c02/air flow coming in from my description?

Is there somewhere I can find a chart that will show me what the proper c02 levels are?

If you noticed in the pic I am blocking the MARS centre penetration points with the hood from the CFL. Is this a good strategy to help them get used to the new spectrums? I planned to move the MARS down daily 3-6” until roughly 32-36” above canopy...at which point I was also debating keep both lights running side by side. As long as they can handle it that is. What do you think of this strategy?

Will there be strange results with the two lights/spectrums being distributed while running side by side?

I appreciate the long read and time replying

DC1

DC1

Is that a hood between the light and plants?

Yeah. I am blocking the MARS centre penetration points with the hood from the CFL. The CFL is on as well.

I asked the below questions above to another reply. Would really appreciate your thoughts as well...

Is this a good strategy to help them get used to the new spectrums? I planned to move the MARS down daily 3-6” until roughly 32-36” above canopy...at which point I was also debating keep both lights running side by side. As long as they can handle it that is. What do you think of this strategy?

Will there be strange results with the two lights/spectrums being distributed while running side by side?

B

Burned Haze

Thanks for the reply!

I don’t have a PAR meter, I should get one. I am not running c02 either. I am in a controlled AC cooled environment with venting out of a window. I keep some of the tent windows/vents open as well as run x2 6” fans beside two of the upper vents, attempting to pull cool air in. I have no problem with temps or humidity, yet. I will need to add a dehumidifier during the late stages.

Do I have enough c02/air flow coming in from my description?

Is there somewhere I can find a chart that will show me what the proper c02 levels are?

If you noticed in the pic I am blocking the MARS centre penetration points with the hood from the CFL. Is this a good strategy to help them get used to the new spectrums? I planned to move the MARS down daily 3-6” until roughly 32-36” above canopy...at which point I was also debating keep both lights running side by side. As long as they can handle it that is. What do you think of this strategy?

*I don’t have a PAR meter, I should get one. I am not running c02 either. I am in a controlled AC cooled environment with venting out of a window. I keep some of the tent windows/vents open as well as run x2 6” fans beside two of the upper vents, attempting to pull cool air in. I have no problem with temps or humidity, yet. I will need to add a dehumidifier during the late stages. = only issue I see a hid or non led requires diff temp and c02 optimal requests . when I tried to run led and DE and my leds at the same time, I choose the led requirements and my de tables def didn’t do as good cause of that ( hid wants 78-82f, led 82-86f)
A par meter makes such a big difference on knowing if what things are strong enough on your canopy and what is shaded or too far away. I wish I would of got mine years ago lol

* read about WHAT IS VPD and proper humidity levels for leds and you’ll realize it’s all about the airflow( shit tons) and your humidity levels need to be placed based on the temp of the room, not setting down to the week of the flo1wering cycle or having ridiculously low to “Keep the mold away’’, get a hepa filter if you must for your intake or upgrade your a/c but mold is always existant , it’s when you don’t have enough air flow and the buds get rain on or dampness they get moldy. I haven’t had mold indoors ever with this method and my plants thank me. Read about vpd and that will make monsters and save you soo much cash and headaches

* Do I have enough c02/air flow coming in from my description? = fresh air supplies 600-750ppm c02 at max, being under a good led you really want 900-1200ppm ( whole flower cycle) and supplying 20% more nutritions than if you would hid lights

* the benefit of c02 also is allowing the plants to be at the bets temp for leds and c02 (82-86) and not have any issues. Biggest issue you will have with c02 generators is the heat and sealing the room, but it’s worth the negativity in my opinion. Look more into c02 information

* Will there be strange results with the two lights/spectrums being distributed while running side by side? = just make sure the light is not shading it, but if anything having a diff spectrum light it will def help the plants, just like when people run MH/HPS or LEC with them . Just observe your plants and if their leafs show negativity change it around or try be a detective if one of those lights is making the plants react that way. ( enviroment is over 30%+ of your end result )

Rests of questions I missed, sorry I did not answer but it’s already late and I’m sure someone else will answer or I’ll def try lat2er

DC1

DC1

*I don’t have a PAR meter, I should get one. I am not running c02 either. I am in a controlled AC cooled environment with venting out of a window. I keep some of the tent windows/vents open as well as run x2 6” fans beside two of the upper vents, attempting to pull cool air in. I have no problem with temps or humidity, yet. I will need to add a dehumidifier during the late stages. = only issue I see a hid or non led requires diff temp and c02 optimal requests . when I tried to run led and DE and my leds at the same time, I choose the led requirements and my de tables def didn’t do as good cause of that ( hid wants 78-82f, led 82-86f)
A par meter makes such a big difference on knowing if what things are strong enough on your canopy and what is shaded or too far away. I wish I would of got mine years ago lol

* read about WHAT IS VPD and proper humidity levels for leds and you’ll realize it’s all about the airflow( shit tons) and your humidity levels need to be placed based on the temp of the room, not setting down to the week of the flo1wering cycle or having ridiculously low to “Keep the mold away’’, get a hepa filter if you must for your intake or upgrade your a/c but mold is always existant , it’s when you don’t have enough air flow and the buds get rain on or dampness they get moldy. I haven’t had mold indoors ever with this method and my plants thank me. Read about vpd and that will make monsters and save you soo much cash and headaches

* Do I have enough c02/air flow coming in from my description? = fresh air supplies 600-750ppm c02 at max, being under a good led you really want 900-1200ppm ( whole flower cycle) and supplying 20% more nutritions than if you would hid lights

* the benefit of c02 also is allowing the plants to be at the bets temp for leds and c02 (82-86) and not have any issues. Biggest issue you will have with c02 generators is the heat and sealing the room, but it’s worth the negativity in my opinion. Look more into c02 information

* Will there be strange results with the two lights/spectrums being distributed while running side by side? = just make sure the light is not shading it, but if anything having a diff spectrum light it will def help the plants, just like when people run MH/HPS or LEC with them . Just observe your plants and if their leafs show negativity change it around or try be a detective if one of those lights is making the plants react that way. ( enviroment is over 30%+ of your end result )

Rests of questions I missed, sorry I did not answer but it’s already late and I’m sure someone else will answer or I’ll def try lat2er

Amazing response. Thank you so much for taking the time to share that!

Top Bottom