Harvest Help, Super Low Relative Humidity. Drying Way To Fast.

• Thread starter maxstyles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

maxstyles

Thanks Panacea79, When u dry prior to using the Cvault. How do u tell the correct dryness? have u got whole plants hung? Or just small branchs? Do u wait for snapping stems? I seem to constantly over dry, even tho I'm religious about checking them every few hours. I try to wait for snapping stems, but I never get there as the nugs get brittle well before the stems seem to snap? I have whole girls hung and still cant get it right? Mind you the conditions are always totally different every time I try and harvest. I'm setting up a proper room for next time so I have more control? Thanks m8.

Panacea79

Panacea79

Thanks Panacea79, When u dry prior to using the Cvault. How do u tell the correct dryness? have u got whole plants hung? Or just small branchs? Do u wait for snapping stems? I seem to constantly over dry, even tho I'm religious about checking them every few hours. I try to wait for snapping stems, but I never get there as the nugs get brittle well before the stems seem to snap? I have whole girls hung and still cant get it right? Mind you the conditions are always totally different every time I try and harvest. I'm setting up a proper room for next time so I have more control? Thanks m8.
Hey, sorry for the late reply. I used to over dry then myself. I'd leave them hanging OUT right above Orr attached somehow to the grow tent, on a hanger above these heat-emitting scrubber with an oscillating fan blowing directly on them and was totally befuddled as to why everyone else was saying that there buds were taking a good week to dry!?!? You live and learn.
Slowly is the key. I usually chop the plant down into sections, do some trimming, hang them from the hanger, put them in a hanging 'suit storing' thing (the name escapes me but it's meant to keep moths from eating your clothes and zips all the way up the front and has little plastic Windows) then I put this tiny, personal USB powered fan that just sort of swings around under its power. Check the stems, when they start cracking, not breaking, but cracking at about a 90 d green angle I put em in jars but with a digital hygrometer.....if it gets to like 69% open it up, and move em around. Above 70% and I put them babies out and let em breathe. Rinse and repeat until they are starting to smell NOT like hay anymore, lol!
Check out Clockworx (?) drying and curing thread. Must read stuff!

mikeb437

mikeb437

I agree with the use of the 2-way Boveda packs. I use the 62% ones(?) but that's usually only AFTER I've achieved the target DRYING zone %. I wouldn't really recommend putting in the humidipacks until you're done actually drying your crop but for CURING....PHENOMENOL! Keeps your mugs nice and fresh for months.
When you put the buds in the jars, what range of humidity should you see? What is the process? At some point you dont need to burp them so where should the humidity be at when they are finished? And will these humidipacks lower and/or rasie the humidity to the 62%?

M

MamaBear

I go for 55-60%. I got a bunch of these little things for only $1 each on ebay. Drop 1 in each jar and you can see the RH without even opening it. Only have to burp the ones that need it.
S l1600

Top Bottom