Have you seen twins in a strain before?

• Thread starter dirtyshawa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

I popped some seeds and one in particular looked very odd. It had two tap roots coming out of the shell. I payed it no further attention and continued my germination process. I just checked on the seeds and found this
Have you seen twins in a strain before

So, we know twins run in the family...what strains have you seen with twins before? I

I know some of you have seen this a million times over and have some stories about your experience growing such a plant. Are they like conjoined twins where one needs to be cut off in order for at least one to survive? I'm amazed!

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

Some of BOG's strains are twin heavy. Twins usually have a weaker member of the duo that doesn't do as well
Do you know which have showed this specifically? It's interesting cuz Sour Bubble is in the genetics of mine. The strain I'm running is called Platinum Delights (Platinum GSC Ɨ Blue Power). The Blue Power has Sour Dub in it, which is a Sour Bubble hybrid. At least I think that's how it goes.

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

I would have to read over the thread but I do believe that sour bubble is the strain that throws a decent amount of twins. Maybe @BushyOldGrower can chime in.

BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower

Twins are not conjoined and can be separated early. One often is a runt but not always.

It came frm Bogbubble so it is a trait someones seen in all my strains.

They are fraternal, not identical so one can be male and the other female or both the same.

BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower

Nope. Never saw one of those.

You know the trait may come from the males used in the Bubblegum before I got those seeds.

My bubblegum seeds stated on the pack that it was a cross of two indicas. Didn't say which ones but one was bubblegum.

zeke

zeke

My homie had this happen with some Subcool gear. Pandora Box I believe. Upon close inspection the seed was found to actual be two seperate seedling sharing a fused shell. Two seperate malformed elongated and narrow rice grain like shapes fused together so as to appear as one. May be an atavistic trait that sheds more light on the plants evolutionary path. BOG gear can now claim over 100% germination rates. Sweet.

Top Bottom