Heat Stress

• Thread starter Craigy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Craigy

Hi i need help.
The outdoors temp has gone up silly to 26. Meanig my grow in the 7th week has had uncomfortable temps. The smell has faded but stinks if you rub buds. Look at the pics. No damage and buds seem fine. Can this recover for harvest?

Heat stress
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

1 need a pic In plan light
2 No damage and buds seem fine. Can this recover for harvest?...... no dmg then what they recovering from????
3 I find on here people talking about it losing smell then after watering it comes back .... have checked or noticed this ??

C

Craigy

1 need a pic In plan light
2 No damage and buds seem fine. Can this recover for harvest?...... no dmg then what they recovering from????
3 I find on here people talking about it losing smell then after watering it comes back .... have checked or noticed this ??
Ill take a pic

Papa

Papa

Supporter
btw, what type of light and wattage are you using and what's the distance to the plants?

Dick Terpene

Dick Terpene

Been 29c here in uk today, my tent seen 35c. Smell faded, but watered and seems to be coming back...

I'm so glad I added GHE ripen and I'm chopping these in 7 days. Looks like I'll be curing the shit outta these to get any smell back, as for taste, I'll use some flushy flushy aka Final Phase and hope for the best!!!

Roll on August!!

Ecompost

Ecompost

Hi i need help.
The outdoors temp has gone up silly to 26. Meanig my grow in the 7th week has had uncomfortable temps. The smell has faded but stinks if you rub buds. Look at the pics. No damage and buds seem fine. Can this recover for harvest?
if possible move you light further away from your plants, reduce your feeds, increase dilution so more water. If possible add CO2. Learn about VPD and how this affects your plants. Learn how CO2 can help you grow at higher overall room temps. If possible invest in equipment to produce a stable environment that isnt dependent on outside temps
Good luck

C

Craigy

Been 29c here in uk today, my tent seen 35c. Smell faded, but watered and seems to be coming back...

I'm so glad I added GHE ripen and I'm chopping these in 7 days. Looks like I'll be curing the shit outta these to get any smell back, as for taste, I'll use some flushy flushy aka Final Phase and hope for the best!!!

Roll on August!!
Ive got 2 weeks left. Ill reduce feed and leave in clean water for a couple of days

Ecompost

Ecompost

Ive got 2 weeks left. Ill reduce feed and leave in clean water for a couple of days
good man, if you can lift your light a bit too. this will help reduce UV canopy heat which wont show on a room temp gauge since UV energy passes through air and only transfers on to solid objects, eg your plants leaves et al. One thing about UV tho, it helps to increase trichome coverage, but you may get a drop in taste quality and more airy buds if you cant drop your night temps to average the plant temp to about 25c

C

Craigy

Ive got other seedlings almost ready so im going to get a small fridge, very cheap to run and use it with some heat sensors as an aircon unit.

C

Craigy

good man, if you can lift your light a bit too. this will help reduce UV canopy heat which wont show on a room temp gauge since UV energy passes through air and only transfers on to solid objects, eg your plants leaves et al. One thing about UV tho, it helps to increase trichome coverage, but you may get a drop in taste quality and more airy buds if you cant drop your night temps to average the plant temp to about 25c
The buds are covered in healthy trichomes, absolutely covered.

Dick Terpene

Dick Terpene

Ive got other seedlings almost ready so im going to get a small fridge, very cheap to run and use it with some heat sensors as an aircon unit.

Hi mate, a small fridge will be nowhere near the duty required to do any cooling in a growroom situation at those temps.

With a 600w light you would want 2.5kw split as a start point, me personally, I would run a 3.5 kw inverter unit.

Top Bottom