Hello All/newbie 1st Grow.

• Thread starter Thcbasshead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thcbasshead

Hello all! Id like to say hello to everyone, but not to release to much info, i look forward on conversating, as i jump head first into this project.
My current set up is a Bestva 2k LED, i have a 6 inch carbon filter and fan set up, i purchased a Gorilla Grow 5x5 tent, which doesnt fit in my basement with out modification (go figure, not sure i want to take a hack saw to the tent or the basement.. lol. ,i also have a 1000 watt HPS bulb, ballast and hood i bought new, full line of Aurora Nutes, for my seeds i ordered Auto Carmelicous from MSNL , i have also ordered a ph/ppm meter, humidity/temp monitor, mechanical timers and some ph up/down.
So my starter questions is ditch the tent and build a room? Or modify the tent? And what to do for soil?i will most likely be using 5 gallon buckets. Plan on being around 8-12 plants, maybe less, want to be budget friendly on soil also.. but we knoe how budgets go lol . Thanks in advance! I will be checking back soon.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I use and like tents. Easy tear down and put up vs building. I did build my flower room years later. It's gonna be a B to remove.

Madbud

Madbud

I use buckets outdoors, single layer of gravel, sheet of weed block cloth, another layer of gravel, then soil pressing the cloth against the sides of the bucket and a single 3/8” hole drilled in the side at the bottom for drainage. Worked great for 3-5’ plants. For soil, do NOT use mg, it released nitrogen in the flower cycle which is not what you want. Good luck and welcome!

723EA114 3F68 4CF1 9555 9D53219FCB3D
A6CCDC1F E3D2 41BE BD2C 6191FF31CC34
1D12487D 8A39 4605 9A4E 09515C879FDE
ABA98DB3 26F1 4378 9092 92939D6804DB
T

Thcbasshead

Yes i think i have decided to alter the grow tent to make it fit in the basement, and scrap the idea of using the autos, and grabbing a few clones of some northen lights from a buddy of mine..

Dan789

Dan789

Welcome, I went the attic route for a few seasons, and it was a big pain. Hard to build around the engineered trusses, a big compromise. Got some tents went ground floor and never looked back, much easier. If you shop you might be able to find a size tent that would fit your area. Good luck.

T

Thcbasshead

Oh yeah attic is definitley out of the question for me anyways Lol. The tent is only about 2 into tall. Im thinking i can figure something out or i will just build my.own frame for it .

T

Thcbasshead

Seeds are in. 7 days total from order to deliver from msnl.. went and bought some buckets and cheap top soil at lowes. Any recomendations a decent mix for it? Have to be able to find it at lowes or walmart or something similar.. thanks all!!!

T

Thcbasshead

Top soil a no go? Any recomendations will be greatly appreciated

Dan789

Dan789

Just did a query in search for “soil mix”, more than a few suggestions there. Time for some home work.

T

Thcbasshead

Update- tent now fits in the basement. Thank god for power tools lol.. but now i have a broken zipper on a 500 dollar tent thats stopping me from setting the rest of it up, and lost a corner piece! Sh%t!!!!! Im screwed lol

T

Thcbasshead

Pics of set up will be posted when i finish electrical wiring for power to the tent! And hook up the charcoal canister, and all that good stuff! Thanks guys . Seeds are sprouting to

T

Thcbasshead

Okay guys been dealing with flooded basement all day lol. One prob after another! Heres the set up. Waiting a bit to install carbon filter and fan, 2000watt bestva Led light, 18/6 light cycle. Soil i ended up going with is Happy Frog soil. 3 Auto White widow, 7 Auto Carmelicous . Will be trying some Lst on a few plants also.

20171105 220445
20171105 220601
Top Bottom