Should half be cut and discard?

• Yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
applepie

applepie

Learning to cultivate MMj medicine for my husband after his spinal fusion, I began to enjoy the cultivation process (a little too much I might add). I began experimenting various techniques I read on internet forums and suddenly find myself in this situation. I am intimidated and can no longer gain access to the garden due to overcrowding.

Its been 3 weeks since I flipped the lights and there's 6 weeks more remaining (9 wk strain). Can someone suggest something or would it be better off to cut and discard half the 12 plants? What can I do now to make them stop growing taller? Is it too late?

Random pics

Room prepare
2days implant
Help 1st timer grower swallowed by garden 3
Trial top then fim
1g fim only
1gal trial
Trial aero
Trial aero fimmed
Trial ebbflow
Various veg trial
2 weeks veg
Trial 5gal  4 wks veg
shawnskush

shawnskush

they should be pretty much done stretching at this point and the canopy in the pic looks pretty optimal I would say you are right on track!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
yep..looking good
Can the lights be raised if necessary? ?

applepie

applepie

After 4 1/2wks in veg realizing my 10x6x6 space was too small, I purchased a 10x10x7 tent for flowering. Then...

After doing more reading, I was inspired by some fellow farmers here growing vertical, so I decided to give that a try...

3 days into - nice and roomy
8 days into - still ok
10 & 12 days into - caught me off guard by the stretch rate
2 wk+ into - feeling intimidated

3days flip
8 days flip
10days flip
12days flip
About 2 wks
2nd wk flip
2 wks
2 half weeks
2 wks
2nd wk flip
applepie

applepie

Then 3 weeks, I'm kinda afraid everytime I have to go in there... I read somewhere that it grows faster using CO2 in a sealed room environment, so I did, which I probably shouldn't have; (I stopped it now)

2 half weeks
2 wks
3wks
About 3 weeks
3 wks
Massive defoliate
Oh no
Omg too tall
Sour
Too tall
What now
applepie

applepie

@ Caregiverken & Delae632,
Thanks for commenting. But what should I do about the space limitation? Will the last 5+ weeks grow any taller/longer? ..or would it be safer to crop and discard half now?

shawnskush

shawnskush

It shouldn't get much taller they stop growing height wise after the first three weeks or so strain dependant of course. as long as you can keep the plants far enough away from the light that they don't burn they will be fine. defoliating for light penetration will help as well as removing branches that are too far from the light to receive good light and produce bud. I would not go to extreme measures such as chopping down whole plants or anything I would just work around it if you can cause it looks like it could yield huge!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
It looks like you doing great. the vertical lights with the cage was a good idea
.. Like Mayo said, you're going to need to support those branches that get big buds somehow or they will sag and might break.
And small branches (1/4 in) and ones that don't get much light should be cut.

If you need to...you could Machete a path thought there and still get a pretty good harvest :)

Max Frost

Max Frost

Super looking grow, Apple Pie! Your husband is a lucky man to have a wife with such a green thumb! I agree that you've probably seen most of the "stretch" (rapid vegetative growth that proceeds the onset of flowering) by now. From this point you'll begin to see the buds swell and fatten, and fill out all along the branches. I can see how you'd think it's a little scary, if this is your first run...hell, you're garden is massive! haha! But staying out of the grow room now for extended periods, isn't the best idea, IMO. Now is when you'll want to be watching for any signs of problems (nute-related, pests, hermies, etc.) so you can catch them and "put out any fires" a.s.a.p. Congrats on an amazing first grow! BTW, what is the strain(s)?

Best,

Max :wacky:

applepie

applepie

Vapor, its east coast sour d & some scout cookies. Having moved to Cali from the east coast, we are thankful to be able to just go out and purchase growing equipment to cultivate our own meds. We cant do that where we're from (although we're not sure which is more costly LOL)

I guess a noobie does what noobies do; got excited with a new hobby and therefore tried this, changed that, added this and that... and voila! Here I am, almost swallowed by the garden. I cant wait to get this mess over with and am eager to plan ahead on my next round. I think I'm just going to grow 3 or 4 bigger plants on the next attempt.

applepie

applepie

Super looking grow, Apple Pie! Your husband is a lucky man to have a wife with such a green thumb! I agree that you've probably seen most of the "stretch" (rapid vegetative growth that proceeds the onset of flowering) by now. From this point you'll begin to see the buds swell and fatten, and fill out all along the branches. I can see how you'd think it's a little scary, if this is your first run...hell, you're garden is massive! haha! But staying out of the grow room now for extended periods, isn't the best idea, IMO. Now is when you'll want to be watching for any signs of problems (nute-related, pests, hermies, etc.) so you can catch them and "put out any fires" a.s.a.p. Congrats on an amazing first grow! BTW, what is the strain(s)?

Best,

Max :wacky:

Thanks Max! It's NYC Diesel and Scout cookies.... I haven't gone in there 3 days. The reservoir sits outside, so luckily I don't have to go in much. I'll probably "try" to take a peek tonight... *not looking forward to it though.

Top Bottom