Help Hanging Led's

• Thread starter Lethidox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lethidox

i have 2 main questions regardling LED's.

1. my new 375-395Watt led's came in today hooked them up at 19" i am wondering does anyone know exactly how close i can get them before dealing with heat stress? never used anything really strong before 75W was my strongest light and i had it about 5-6"

tried to read up on this make and model actual wattage varies on where i look. some say 375, amazon says 385 i believe and the manual says 395. don't know anyone who has tested it with a meter either. the other models they have but not this one. it is the King Plus LED 2000watt.

2. what is a good way to secure my lights to the ceiling if i CANNOT drill into the ceiling? these lights are kind of heavy so i need something strong and reliable to hold them up.

i was thinking of those little tape on hooks that swivel 180 degree's but idk if the tape will hold onto the ceiling and idk if the hook is strong enough for the weight. feels like it weighs 25 pounds. manual says it's 12lbs plus the hooks so maybe 13-14;bs

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
i have 2 main questions regardling LED's.

1. my new 375-395Watt led's came in today hooked them up at 19" i am wondering does anyone know exactly how close i can get them before dealing with heat stress? never used anything really strong before 75W was my strongest light and i had it about 5-6"

tried to read up on this make and model actual wattage varies on where i look. some say 375, amazon says 385 i believe and the manual says 395. don't know anyone who has tested it with a meter either. the other models they have but not this one. it is the King Plus LED 2000watt.

2. what is a good way to secure my lights to the ceiling if i CANNOT drill into the ceiling? these lights are kind of heavy so i need something strong and reliable to hold them up.

i was thinking of those little tape on hooks that swivel 180 degree's but idk if the tape will hold onto the ceiling and idk if the hook is strong enough for the weight. feels like it weighs 25 pounds. manual says it's 12lbs plus the hooks so maybe 13-14;bs

I would never use tape on anything to hang something as heavy as 12lbs dangling on my plants. Thats a guillotine.

L

Lethidox

I would never use tape on anything to hang something as heavy as 12lbs dangling on my plants. Thats a guillotine.

yea i dont think they will hold either too heavy. i gotta check if i can drill a hole to hook up a hook pretty sure the ceiling is concrete in my closet though. i can't think of any other ways to hang them up though for a decent sized grow it's already at it's max with the ratchets.

L

Lethidox

have any of you tried putting ratchets on the walls and pulling it up in opposite directions? kind of like doing the splits horizontally though? i've seen this a few times but wondering if this is a bad idea? i could put on like 2 7lb hooks on each side so it should definetely hold.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
have any of you tried putting ratchets on the walls and pulling it up in opposite directions? kind of like doing the splits horizontally though? i've seen this a few times but wondering if this is a bad idea? i could put on like 2 7lb hooks on each side so it should definetely hold.
That’s how I do it!

L

Lethidox

That’s how I do it!

can you send me some pics please? i can't find any also how do you do it because my ceiling is like 12' i was going to put the command strips on the sides then hook it up to those. but the ratchet i have is pretty short imo im sure it's standard sized though.

Phylex

Phylex

I'd use three 2x4's. Run the first 2x4 the length of the ceiling, floating. The last two 2x4's wedged between the top 2x4 and floor, making the cuts so they're tight. If you can anchor the 2x4's onto the wall for additional support, that would be best. Should be good to go. However this is without knowing the length you're dealing with in your space. This should be sufficient to cover a ceiling length up to 8'.

L

Lethidox

Can you build a stand out of pvc pipe or something?

not really i mean personally i can but im growing in my bedroom closet i already have to take out all my clothes and the metal bar and shelf which is super long. it would be easier to simply just drill a hole into the ceiling and put a hook in it if anything i rather not because not my house.

i was thinking of putting gorilla tape supposed to be a good product and supposed to hold heavy items but horizontally im sure it will lose some power. plus if i did that i would need to put a hook with a flat base which is unrealistic for me with the short time i got to get it going. think i will just drill a hole into the ceiling shove a big hook in it.

i was trying to simply avoid my dad complaining i could build a PVC bracket as well however i have no place to put it in my car store doesn't carry a skill saw to cut it either only got the big saws to cut wood.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Why didn’t you use the metal bar already in place?

A cheap handsaw will cut pvc just fine. You can also get it cut at the hardware store to your required sizes.

Forget tape. The infomercials are full of it. You’re not going to build a dune buggy out of flex seal. Period.

Dbear180

Dbear180

I'll be honest with you bro, your considering using tape, with a king 2000 watt that actually draws 395, & your worried about your dad finding out. You already sound destined to fail with this run.

I'm not being negative I'm being honest, growing is a skill that requires much trial and error in an area you are in control of. You do not sound in control of your area. If your not in control, your wasting your time.

L

Lethidox

Why didn’t you use the metal bar already in place?

A cheap handsaw will cut pvc just fine. You can also get it cut at the hardware store to your required sizes.

Forget tape. The infomercials are full of it. You’re not going to build a dune buggy out of flex seal. Period.

I am using the metal bar it is only at like 4' from the ground. I also can't hook the lights directly to it without using the rope hanger because this rope hanger has a big hook on one end instead of the little flap hooks. but yea i think i will just buy a bicycle hook later today and drill the hole. possibly buy 2 i mean my dad does have all the tools just the fact i don't want to drill a damn hole into concrete and having him complaining about it. if it was dry wall no problem

Dbear180

Dbear180

I am using the metal bar it is only at like 4' from the ground. I also can't hook the lights directly to it without using the rope hanger because this rope hanger has a big hook on one end instead of the little flap hooks. but yea i think i will just buy a bicycle hook later today and drill the hole. possibly buy 2 i mean my dad does have all the tools just the fact i don't want to drill a damn hole into concrete and having him complaining about it. if it was dry wall no problem

You need concrete anchors to mount into concrete....
20181216 082109
20181216 082117

L

Lethidox

im looking at it and i think i might be able to get away without doing anything to the set up i have this metal thing i can just make a brace from at the cost of making a living hell but given the actual height increase from potting up idk if it will be able to handle the weight, i'll try and hook it up today and test it out it's pretty damn strong and only needs to hold 12lb's :

L

Lethidox

i was thinking make 2 tall stacks on each end which isn't very long anyways like 6' max and then put 2x4's to hold up the lights we got a lot of wood. shit if anything i'll just make a frame at this point. not growing very high just need to bump the lights up by at least 4 more feet to get what i want

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

i was thinking make 2 tall stacks on each end which isn't very long anyways like 6' max and then put 2x4's to hold up the lights we got a lot of wood. shit if anything i'll just make a frame at this point. not growing very high just need to bump the lights up by at least 4 more feet to get what i want

Dbear180

Dbear180

yea that is what i was looking for right now. What are the names of them i can only find the plastic ones which i doubt will work. was planning to go to the hardware store today after work pick up the items and then do it tomorrow

You quoted the name of them.... Attention to detail bruh.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
yea that is what i was looking for right now. What are the names of them i can only find the plastic ones which i doubt will work. was planning to go to the hardware store today after work pick up the items and then do it tomorrow
Red hat concrete anchor

Top Bottom