Hermie/male Breeding

• Thread starter WatWouldMJDo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WatWouldMJDo

so here is my situation. A friend of mine gave me a rare strain (Punta Roja) straight from Columbia. The seed (1) sprouted and all I really want to do is polinate and get some seeds from it for the future. I had 2 questions so that I don’t get caught off guard when the time comes. I’ve taken 2 clones off the plant so that I have a few tries at this. Here are my questions:

1. If the plant turns out Male, is there ANY way to get seeds from it? I.e. could I stress it like crazy to get it to hermie and let it polinate itself?

2. If a hermie polinate itself will the seeds have a higher chance of being hermies or its just luck of the draw?

Thanks for your time and hopefully helpful answers!

Toaster79

Toaster79

Just make regular seeds with whatever it turns out to be. Don't cut corners there. Once you obtain first seeds, start back crossing for the original strain. And yeah, keep veging cuts so you can back cross at all.

W

WatWouldMJDo

That’s exactly what I plan on doing but the question is if I only have 1 male plant is there a way to get seeds?

Last edited:
2toughtony

2toughtony

That’s exactly what I plan on doing but the question is if I only have 1 male plant is there a way to get seeds?
I just told you you either have to use that male plant to hit another random female is the only way you're going to get seeds if you reverse that male plant and cross it with itself you only going to get mail seeds

W

WatWouldMJDo

I just told you you either have to use that male plant to hit another random female is the only way you're going to get seeds if you reverse that male plant and cross it with itself you only going to get mail seeds

I’m sorry didn’t see that as a clear answer. That’s exactly what I was going to do was really just trying to figure out how to keep it pure. So if I crass it with white widow for example, take that
PR (male) x WW (female) and backcross with original PR. Could I dilute the WW by continuously crossing the offspring with the original PR? Sorry really new to this

Just pray it's a female!!! Lol

Oh god have I even Been!!!

E

Elsydro

I’m sorry didn’t see that as a clear answer. That’s exactly what I was going to do was really just trying to figure out how to keep it pure. So if I crass it with white widow for example, take that
PR (male) x WW (female) and backcross with original PR. Could I dilute the WW by continuously crossing the offspring with the original PR? Sorry really new to this

What exactly do you mean pollute the white widow? Theoretically you cross two plants you choose the pheno closest to the one you want to reproduce, so if you cross pr x ww you’ll end up with a white punta, a we leaning pheno and a pr leaning pheno, pick the one you want to keep, then if you do that about 4 times you’ll get a 99% pure strain if you selected correctly along the way. I don’t understand hat you say by diluting the ww, choose the pheno you want to continue on with the beauty of seeds they’re all different!!!

W

WatWouldMJDo

That would be the best outcome anyways

Yea if it’s female I’ll be clowning and then try rodilization or colloidal silver.

Yeah I feel like popping one seed in hopes of preserving a line is kinda off to begin with then add worrying about it being a male and it might just be. Lol

Hah yea but unfortunately that’s all my buddy could get me. Hopefully I’ll be able to get more. I have someone looking into it.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Yeah I feel like popping one seed in hopes of preserving a line is kinda off to begin with then add worrying about it being a male and it might just be. Lol

Had to read it twice to get it ...

....hahahahahahahaha

Latest posts

Top Bottom