High Pressure Cut-off Switch For Small Submersible Fountain Pump

• Thread starter wyeknott
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wyeknott

Trying to build a portable waterer with 5 gallon pail and small submersible fountain pump and hand held water wand to water indoor plants. Is there a high pressure cut-off switch I could hook up to this kind of pump?
Thanks for any suggestions.

ethcan

ethcan

Are you able to just use a ball valve and then manually unplug the pump?
You can just grab a metal hose ball valve from the garden section of home depot. A small pump and a 5 gallon bucket really won't require anything more high flow than that.

If you feel like you need more (which I doubt you will) you can do something with a PVC 3/4 ball valve in plumbing.

W

wyeknott

Thanks for the suggestion. I was hoping to figure a way to leave my bucket and small pump in a permant area and counting on the pressure switch to turn off the pump when I close the water wand. Don’t even know if it’s possible. My fingers are worn out searching the web lol. Thank you again for looking in.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Trying to build a portable waterer with 5 gallon pail and small submersible fountain pump and hand held water wand to water indoor plants. Is there a high pressure cut-off switch I could hook up to this kind of pump?
Thanks for any suggestions.
You just need a pressure relieve valve in-line or a T and a valve that you can adjust the to dump excess pressure back in the rez.

Top Bottom