Holes Dug. Now What?

• Thread starter Jabsaw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jabsaw

Jabsaw

Ok so I've strained my brain and trying to sort fact from fiction. Trying to keep things on the level monetarily. So trying to find a good recipe for amendments for a cubic yard of topsoil I know ewc azomite some rice hulls or promix for aeration etc. Kelp, mushroom compost. Just trying to differentiate between what I need to add to the soil before I plant and what can be added later. Thanks buds.

tifosi

tifosi

If you haven't already bought the soil you might want to look at their mix of half organic compost & Half top soil. I mix in 20lbsWC,perlite & a sack of happy frog. this makes a nice light airy mix that will produce 5lbs or more from a cubic yard.

Jabsaw

Jabsaw

If you haven't already bought the soil you might want to look at their mix of half organic compost & Half top soil. I mix in 20lbsWC,perlite & a sack of happy frog. this makes a nice light airy mix that will produce 5lbs or more from a cubic yard.

Who's mix?

tifosi

tifosi

I figured you wore getting it from a nursery,most sell top soil & a mix of half & half.

tifosi

tifosi

Got it from an Excavating company. Dirt cheap. Hence amendments.
It's hard to say without seeing it but you want a light soil for quick root growth & drainage. look at your plants & feed as necessary. good luck you have plenty of time to grow some big plants.

Jabsaw

Jabsaw

It's hard to say without seeing it but you want a light soil for quick root growth & drainage. look at your plants & feed as necessary. good luck you have plenty of time to grow some big plants.
Thank you bud

B

Badmf

You can send some of your mix out for analysis to "know" before spending time trying to correct omissions jmtc usually about 25-35 dollars but worth it to be in the "know"!!

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Ok so I've strained my brain and trying to sort fact from fiction. Trying to keep things on the level monetarily. So trying to find a good recipe for amendments for a cubic yard of topsoil I know ewc azomite some rice hulls or promix for aeration etc. Kelp, mushroom compost. Just trying to differentiate between what I need to add to the soil before I plant and what can be added later. Thanks buds.
Most of the big box stores sell Kellog brand or similar Raised bed mix, for not too much per 3 cu ft bag. Proo Mix would do as well. Mix that 50/50with the topsoil, add two or three bags of steer manure compost. That will be a decent mix. Then just add steer manure each year.

Top Bottom