How can I turn keif to oil?

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

uhhhh spam? no people asked about running kief..this is the tube i use to run kief. its not my co, just safe equipment to use."use one of these, no blowouts" that sounds to me exactly relate to what the op asked? i mean should i have just said "use the cool bad ass tubes that pressurize ur shit n dont blow out" (followed by "oh cool! yea that sounds great, where do i get one?") so sorry i guess i just thought ahead..
the other post was someone literally asking for help about to spend cash on their future..i was simply presenting another option and thats what they asked for-our opinions i thought on what kinda gear to use..if i misread that my bad- im not gonna prop up something i dont use, so everything i reco to peepz is gonna be fmo experience-i dont use a tami so im not gonna tout that..id hardly call it spam tho..i dunno? is it considered spam if i post the web addy? ive def posted it in more than the 2 times youve apparently seen so...i dunno..you tell me..IS it spamming? lol..im sorry is it bothering you? is the fact that you had to read two whole posts with mention of these tubes at some effecting your forum browsing fun? i think ive read about a zillion people posting to use bbb sstb..is that spam? if so, please just let me know and ill refrain from spreading the gospel of conind. n peeps can just go on w there biz. as normal....turkey basters n such....lol
thnx!

@ ken
moi? nah

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
nope. If thats not your website Then, Its not spam in my book.
That was you helping out a fellow farmer with a link.
good man. :)

G

GBTV

Behold, the way to turn your kief into earwax without using solvents is finally revealed.

Here is a step by step for making GOB (aka Get Off Butane):
1. Put keif (dry ice hash) in blender with RO water and blend til the water is foamy
2. Pour through micron filter (45 micron screen used in this demo) onto flat Pyrex
3. Heat Pyrex (not exceeding 140 degrees Fahrenheit) til 80-90% of the water is cooked off then immediately refrigerate (for about 45-60 minutes depending on the amount of water left).
4. Once the contents are dried, scrape the resin from the Pyrex.
5.Enjoy! This stuff is potent. Please comment if this worked well for you.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

I just like to clean my kief in a nice everclear bath then boil off the oil from there. it makes a super clean delicous product......take it easy
hope all is blasting off in your outdoor zen garden ken! :D

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I just like to clean my kief in a nice everclear bath then boil off the oil from there. it makes a super clean delicous product......take it easy
hope all is blasting off in your outdoor zen garden ken! :D
Thats sounds like a great way to go Ohio. I wish I could get some Everclear!

I think keif is best when eaten.

P

PenguinSmoke

We run kif in our Terpenators, but short of that, the best way of extracting kif that I've found, is with 190 proof ethanol. By starting with kif, virtually all of the unwanted pickup issues are eliminated and it produces a delightfully floral, pristine extraction, which I prefer to a butane extraction for all of the subtle undertones.

Iso will do the same thing, and is faster, but is more robust in flavor itself and doesn't produce quite as suble undertones as ethanol.

No need to freeze, just mix the two together and periodically shake until the resin is dissolved, before filtering and evaporating away the alcohol. We use the same general procedures in QWET extraction, except for the temperature and time, so you might check it out for evaporation and purging. http://skunkpharmresearch.com/qwet-extraction/

For an E-cig cartomizer, we use a 510 cart without poly fill for shatter and with the polyfill wick in tact, for decarboxylated oil. Either works well on a generic battery pack, and the whole setup was under $30. More details at http://skunkpharmresearch.com/portable-pen-vaporizers/

Can the end result go in oil pen? I saw pictures from other people doing this and it was wax... hard to put in oil pen...?

P

PenguinSmoke

Get a pen with an oil skillet and it works well.
Thanks for the feedback... pretty much figured that my pen was no good... I got an oil pen from my guy (state-legal dispensary), but didnt know it was that nasty co2 crap e liquid stuff... O my! I havent felt this ill in a long time! Guess he figured people wanted easy and not good.... those shouldn't be called oil pens if you ask me... as wax and shatter, etc., are true forms of oil to me... they should call 'em 'e-bud,' or something! LoL. Needless to say I lucked out, sorta. Money for part of pen and the 'e-bud' was wasted, since I can't and wont be using it anymore... but he said he did have other cartridges... so lesson learned. Just have to wait till I can order again.

To the rest of this thread...
By the way I made some wax oil with leftover leaves I had sitting in a paperbag for a month.... just forgot about them... man it still was good with the iso-extraction! Put some of that on a bowl last night and I was.... wow. I had a very small amount of trimmings, so I did not get a lot, but enough to have made it worth it... a few dabs for sure! I crumbled up all the trimmings.... placed them in a plastic bowl with a seal lid.... filled with 91% iso alcohol (have to order 99% online.... Amazon has it, but it isnt cheap like 91, 75, or 50 is... just under 7 bucks for Prime qualifying orders). I put just enough alcohol in to float the trimmings. Probably would look like 1 part trimmings, 2 parts alcohol. I sealed the lid and shook like hell for about a minute. With a small ceramic baking dish, I took my coffee filter (I actually had no more regular paper filters and had to use my coffee pot's filter.... worked great! Probably less messy than using paper would be)... I filtered it twice... I then left it laying out with my stand up fan blowing on it all night. This morning I took a credit card and scraped up the leftovers and placed it in storage containers. Because it was such a small amount I did not have to let it evap for a full 24 hours... tried it early this morning and it was superb! Can only imagine what it will be like with better trimmings and/or top shelf. I do have to say that the flavor is not as yummy as smoking good old fashioned flowers.... but, for the bang you get, its worth a slight funk taste... it doesnt taste like alcohol, but you can tell it's been processed. BUT, if you smoke you will know what I am talking about... it seems that not all tokes come with an unplesant taste... I took a toke. A toke I took, I did! And one minute it was a little unplesant, but the next I swear I had a mouth of fruity pebbles! The female plant I extracted it from was a combo of trimmings from white widow and crystal cloud... I remember my white widow was really fruity when I harvested!

FYI... I did two batches last night... the first was a test of this process with the old trimmings I have. It came out very green... looked almost like moss growing in the pan... but it is packing a punch, still, without that grassy taste, too! The second batch I did was to test this process on flowers from my supply... Diablo OG. I only processed a small test batch, and have not tried it, but what is left in the pan today (still drying) is a lot more amber colored, with a slight tinge of green. Thus proving you CAN make honey oil with iso extraction!

P

PenguinSmoke

If I still have your attention, my dispensary guy was making it sound like wax pens are complicated to use because you have to keep product on coils, etc... not 'user friendly' (for flower vape, too). What are vape users opinions about PEN vapes and this issue? I only started getting into vapes recently because I will be moving I to an apartment from a house and the odor from vape is less intrusive than smoking from pipe or water pipe...? Thanks!

S

seebobsled

Don't over load it! It can make a mess on the ceramic cup. But stayed in the globe unlike tube style e- cartridges will leak out as oil decarboxylated and laid on its side.

Delerium

Delerium

What about Shooting into teflon beaker bags.
Easier than scraping pyrex dishes.
You can float it into a little warm water to get everything into the center and through it into the freezer for a second then whack it on th encounter and break it up
However you like doing it but at least it won't stick to anything and spend all sorts of time cleaning shit.

P

PenguinSmoke

this is the best vape pen Ive tried so far :) I highly recommend it!
Puffnugs.com is making articles in High Times.... I found them online by accident... they have a 3 in one for like 60 bucks.... I have an eGo right now I got from my dispensary, and its pretty, yah, but pisses me off... need to find better.

Top Bottom