How I make Honey Oil

• Thread starter DesiretheFire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

I was bored today so i decided to show my way of making honey oil! Oh and always remember BHO production can be very dangerous! Lots of research should be done before trying to produce your own!

1. First off i use a glass extractor. I pack the tube very tightly. When full i wrap an unbleached coffee filter around the end, than a screen followed by a small hose clamp.

How i make honey oil 2

2. I place a clean 11 cup pryex dish into a cheap walmart 11" elecric skillet with water that is around 100 to 120 degrees.

3. Once my pyrex dish is warm, I TAKE IT <<OUTSIDE>> ALONG WITH MY TUBE AND HIGH QUALITY BUTANE TO SPRAY INTO PYREX. I make sure my outside area has no way of igniting butane.

4. I Take the pyrex back inside and place it into the skillet water. I keep mine at about 110 degrees. Also, make sure you empty your tube when it is frozen, it is much easier to get out!

How i make honey oil

How i make honey oil 3

5. I let it sit in the water for about 6 hours minimum before i put into the vac chamber. I usually do longer. If i had no Vac i would not take this pyrex off heat for a minimum of 48 hours!

6. To scrape from dish to parchment i use harbor freight razors and small vice grip pliers. be careful when scraping because the razors can and will break.

How i make honey oil 4

How i make honey oil 5

How i make honey oil 12

How i make honey oil 13

7. Now that i have the oil collected onto the parchment it is time to vac! I use a very effective and cheap vac chamber that is designed for lab use. links on where they were purchased are below.

http://www.amazon.com/Bel-Art-Scienceware-420430000-Polycarbonate-Diameter/dp/B002VBW9VO

http://www.amazon.com/FJC-Rotary-3-0-Vacuum-Pump/dp/B0017R95DI/ref=pd_sim_indust_4

For heat in this chamber, i place a piece of floor tile in the oven at low temperature. I take the warm tile out, place the oil on the tile, and the tile in the vac chamber on an oven mitt.

How i make honey oil 6

How i make honey oil 7

How i make honey oil 8

8. After vacN 2 or three times for a while my errl is good to go! I usually throw it back in the oven for a little than i flatten it out to make it look bomb!

How i make honey oil 9

How i make honey oil 10

9. FAT DABS!

How i make honey oil 11

HighBurn8

HighBurn8

Next time you make it, before scraping it from the pyrex, add some Ethanol to the oil in the pyrex and stir until the oil is completely mixed and desolved into the ethanol.
Then pour this mixture into a glass jar and cap. Place into freezer for 48 hours to allow all the fats and waxes to solidify and separate,. then after 48 hours, simply filter this frozen mixture through two un-bleached coffee filters and back onto the warm pyrex and allow to bath purge until most of the ethanol has evaporated.
Then scrape onto parchment and vac purge like normal.

What you'll be left with is a pure Absolute.... much more smoother then your average bho.

A18
A19
A22
DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

Next time you make it, before scraping it from the pyrex, add some Ethanol to the oil in the pyrex and stir until the oil is completely mixed and desolved into the ethanol.
Then pour this mixture into a glass jar and cap. Place into freezer for 48 hours to allow all the fats and waxes to solidify and separate,. then after 48 hours, simply filter this frozen mixture through two un-bleached coffee filters and back onto the warm pyrex and allow to bath purge until most of the ethanol has evaporated.

What you'll be left with is a pure Absolute.... much more smoother then your average bho.

Nice! ill have to try that some time.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

Will 99% Iso work instead of the ethanol? I can't seem to source ethanol in my area.

HighBurn8

HighBurn8

Will 99% Iso work instead of the ethanol? I can't seem to source ethanol in my area.

Yes, But unfortunately it'll taste like ISO.... even after a complete & thorough purge.
I mean, it's tolerable, but definitely worth waiting for and hunting down Ethanol first.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

Yes, But unfortunately it'll taste like ISO.... even after a complete & thorough purge.
I mean, it's tolerable, but definitely worth waiting for and hunting down Ethanol first.

Where should I be looking for ethanol, I've tried walmart and my local drugstore but can't find any that hasn't been denatured

I've mayde plenty of quick rinse with iso, and never have had any "iso" taste. What do you mean by taste like iso? It's 99% and when evaporated on its on in a dish, it does not leave any residue when scraped with a razor.

HighBurn8

HighBurn8

I would try an actual Liquor Store... I honestly doubt a walmart or grocery store would carry ethanol.

After you have made a pure Absolute over & over again, and then go back to Qwiso, you can definitely taste the ISO no matter how long the purge.

In fact, I still have a piece of Qwiso I made over six months ago and I can still taste/smell the ISO....and there is No residual in the nail. totally clean burn....

sixstring

sixstring

awesome post desire,i learned a few more tricks.clean the tube when frozen,mine was a bitch the day after lol.and small visegrips with multiple razors will keep me cleaner,priceless:)

gotta give props to that pure glass from ethenol to,shit looks perfect.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

I would try an actual Liquor Store... I honestly doubt a walmart or grocery store would carry ethanol.

After you have made a pure Absolute over & over again, and then go back to Qwiso, you can definitely taste the ISO no matter how long the purge.

In fact, I still have a piece of Qwiso I made over six months ago and I can still taste/smell the ISO....and there is No residual in the nail. totally clean burn....

I live in Canada, can we purchase ethenol here? I heard of something called Everclear, but can't seem to get it anywhere in my part of the country.

HighBurn8

HighBurn8

Everclear 190 Proof = IS = Ethanol. ;)

I am not familiar with how they regualte Ethanol in the Great White North SodaLiscious.

You might want to try shopping Online...? I know there are a few vendors who ship it but the cost of shipping would probably be more than the price of the bottle itself. lol

hmmmmmm .... i'm almost tempted to just purchase a bunch of bottles and distribute them to whoever needs them.
cost me $20 a bottle here where im at.

shawnskush

shawnskush

Everclear 190 Proof = IS = Ethanol. ;)

I am not familiar with how they regualte Ethanol in the Great White North SodaLiscious.

You might want to try shopping Online...? I know there are a few vendors who ship it but the cost of shipping would probably be more than the price of the bottle itself. lol

hmmmmmm .... i'm almost tempted to just purchase a bunch of bottles and distribute them to whoever needs them.
cost me $20 a bottle here where im at.

are you using a denatured ethanol? The 95% that has methyl alcohol is all Im finding...

RastaGeorge

RastaGeorge

I live in Canada, can we purchase ethenol here? I heard of something called Everclear, but can't seem to get it anywhere in my part of the country.

That's because your part of the country is retarded.

vaporedout

vaporedout

bevmo has everclear... have to pre-order it and its 19.99 a 750ml bottle. thats what the vet i trim for uses and his oils come out strong!!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Shipping is 16 bucks for one bottle 2 bucks more for each additional bottle
bevmo has everclear... have to pre-order it and its 19.99 a 750ml bottle. thats what the vet i trim for uses and his oils come out strong!!

Bevmo's in California will order it for me??

vaporedout

vaporedout

Shipping is 16 bucks for one bottle 2 bucks more for each additional bottle

Bevmo's in California will order it for me??
he got his in auburn, CA. not sure on the shipping, cant find it on their website though. may have to call in and ask

Top Bottom