How Long After Can I Keep My Clones/babies Under 24 Hour Light?

• Thread starter Purp Nugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Purp Nugs

Purp Nugs

I have plants from clones now with nice roots & under the 24 hour light. They have been doing really well for the past month so I'm wondering, How log is too long to keep them there in 24 hour light? I water them & take care of them like the babies they are but I have a few things to do yet that will take me a few more days before I can put them in veg. Can I ruin them by leaving them in 24 hour light for so long? And just how long is too long?

Thanks for all your help in advance...

Enforcer

Enforcer

I have plants from clones now with nice roots & under the 24 hour light. They have been doing really well for the past month so I'm wondering, How log is too long to keep them there in 24 hour light? I water them & take care of them like the babies they are but I have a few things to do yet that will take me a few more days before I can put them in veg. Can I ruin them by leaving them in 24 hour light for so long? And just how long is too long?

Welcome to the farm. Theoretically, you can leave them under 24 hours of light indefinitely. If your plants are a month old they are already in veg. The seedling stage usually only lasts 2-3 weeks. Some people count veg starting when the first true (serrated) leaves appear. Some count after the third node appears, while other count from when the cotyledon leaves (first smooth leaves from seed) fall off. The plant will continue to veg until you change the light to 12/12. How long they stay in veg is up to you. Cannabis plants will at least double in height the first few weeks into flower. So you want to account for the stretch and your available space, then time your flip so your plant doesn’t outgrow your space.

Purp Nugs

Purp Nugs

Welcome to the farm. Theoretically, you can leave them under 24 hours of light indefinitely. If your plants are a month old they are already in veg. The seedling stage usually only lasts 2-3 weeks. Some people count veg starting when the first true (serrated) leaves appear. Some count after the third node appears, while other count from when the cotyledon leaves (first smooth leaves from seed) fall off. The plant will continue to veg until you change the light to 12/12. How long they stay in veg is up to you. Cannabis plants will at least double in height the first few weeks into flower. So you want to account for the stretch and your available space, then time your flip so your plant doesn’t outgrow your space.

Thank you sooooo much!!!

I was starting to get worried hoping I wouldn't ruin them. :D

Enforcer

Enforcer

Thank you sooooo much!!!

I was starting to get worried hoping I wouldn't ruin them. :D
Nah, you’re fine. In fact, you could even reduce the light to 18/6 and they would still be fine. Plus you would save a little on electricity. Personally I think they like 18/6 better than 24/0, but that is debatable depending on who you ask.

Pistils

Pistils

Nah, you’re fine. In fact, you could even reduce the light to 18/6 and they would still be fine. Plus you would save a little on electricity. Personally I think they like 18/6 better than 24/0, but that is debatable depending on who you ask.
I've been vegging on 24/0 for months (I was too lazy to plug in the timer so I just went with it lol). 18/6 and 20/4 cycles definitely got me better results, but like you said, that's not saying 24/0 doesn't work.

I think the majority of growers would agree that they prefer some darkness every day.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

Keep under 24 for a month..then go to 18\6 or 20\4

Latest posts

Top Bottom