how long do i veg seed

• Thread starter lil ze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lil ze

i started my seeds about 4 weeks ago and they are no way ready to flower.people say 3-4 weeks veg is this from clone .what is average weeks to veg from seed

K

kill-9

Depends on the conditions. Depends on the strain, Id say at least 6/7 weeks.

How are you growing your plants? Nutrients? Overwatering is one of the biggest reasons why growth is slowed....

Take it easy.

hubcap

hubcap

take them to 6 or 7 internodes, at least, and then flower.
soil? what size pots?

L

lil ze

i am growing chiesel feminised seeds in coco coir and perlite. i am using all canna nutes.i am growing in bud bow 1m sq tent 400 w hps light .i dont no the exact size of the pot but i am using wilma 4 pot system .

A

Andrenicky

I usually judge by size of plant, whenever its around 12-16 inches depending on the strain

I

IronLionZion

You can go flowering from seed directly if you so desire... however some people choose to veg until the nodes are alternating (sign of maturity)

F

FastForward

As others have said, it can be really strain and location dependent. Some strains will give 3x stretch, so if you veg it too long and it gets too big, when you flick it over you'll have height probs. Personally if I don't know the expected stretch I veg for 30 days until they're about a foot tall, and then put them into flower.

Also, if you're topping them you might want to leave them a bit longer to recover/establish/train before flicking...

E

Easyrasta

i agree with ironlion, some believe it takes about 45 days for a plant to mature andbe ready for flower.
best of luck &
peace
Ez

Patriot

Patriot

hi guys i have the same issue. Well not really an issue. i have noticed that i over wattered my plants but thats fixed i hope. ANyways, if my soil has all the nutes needed...do i have to add any when i turn the baby into flowering...let me know what kind of nutes if any needed...and remember i am a newby so no slang lol . please

Patriot

Patriot

I know that u guys are probably sick of answering silly questions like this but can someone help...i really appretiate any help

thanks

Rom420

Rom420

What kind of soil are you using? Typically you have veg nutes and flower nutes that you add every other watering or as determined by the growers own preferences. If you arent familiar with nutes then it's best to start with a simple 2-part regimine from a reputable company. I personally use Fox Farm. As the plants suck up the water it takes the nutrients with it as well, therefor requiring you to add more as the plant demands it, but you have to be careful not to overfeed. Its better for them to have too few than too much nutrients. A good water/feeding cycle is to completely soak the pot until you get run-off. Then just wait until you notice the soil start to dry out. Its also good to feel down a couple inches into the soil or check through any bottom holes in the pot. Its important with this sort of cycle to let the growing medium dry out before you water again. It can be anywhere from 3-5+ days depending on strain, plant size, growing conditions, etc. As far as adding nutes, just use your nutrient solution instead of just plain water every other watering. With more experience you will notice that the plant will let you know what it needs. If it starts to dry out, then it will begin to look wilted. Then you know its time to water, obviously. As long as you pay attention to them and are proper in your care, you can get it figured out in no time. Sorry for the novel haha and i hope this helps

J

Jalisco Kid

The longer you can let it go the more it will have to offer. Too many people flip plants from seed when they are too young. JK

L

l33t

''i agree with ironlion, some believe it takes about 45 days for a plant to mature andbe ready for flower.''

Easyrasta,

most plants if grown straight 12/12 from seed will show sex by day 16-25 from seed germination. My MrNice SSH that were grown this way , were all sexed by day 22 from germination and were fully budding by@ 45 days.And this SSH plant in the pic was one of the 2 most haze dominant ones I had from a pack at day 45.

It yielded over 100grams of bone dry trimmed bud and it took ~95-100 days to finish. So I have to disagree with you , most plants if grown well will start flowering by week 3 from seed under 12/12. (Not talking about 16+weeker pure sats but thats the case with most plants like indicas , ind/sativa hybrids.)

SSH 45 days from seed flowered from seed.

SSH 45DaysFromSeed Hazypheno
J

Jalisco Kid

l33t, you may flower a plant young but was it ready for flowering? If you cloned your ssh I would bet you would get a stronger plant in flavor and high then it's young donor. JK

Patriot

Patriot

Cool thanks.. I am using organic soil. i mixed it myself from a recomendation from a friend.
16 qt of organic top soil
8 qt od MG organic soil
2 1/2 tbsp of Blood meal
1 1/4 tbsp of Bone meal
3 2/3 qt of perlite

Let me know if i should add anything else.
I started them from seed and they are growing by the day .
One got stock and it hasnt grown since last week but i repotted it and i think its trying to grow now...we will see. Also what sizes of a container should i go for...or does it depend on how big i want them to grow.

L

lil ze

shall i flower ?

i have had these feminised chiesel buddha seeds in veg for 8 weeks now.i had a few problems early on and cut of alot of yellow leaves.the plants look abit naked at the bottom but they are taking nutes nice now and are growing nice and green.i have 3 plants 2 of them are about 15" tall and 1 is about 10" i want to put into flower today what u think. check out my grow diaries pics from 1st week till now .

i have 3 plants here is 2 pics of each plant

IMG 0294
IMG 0295
IMG 0297
IMG 0298
IMG 0299
IMG 0300
G

greenthumb

before you flower you want to take the lower branches off so that the plant puts its energy into the buds that will recieve good light .
i leave my seedlings for 6-7 weeks until they show there sex naturaly(preflowers)but it depends on how big you want them to get .

Patriot

Patriot

so its ok to take the fan leafs off or should I leave them....let me know so whan my plants get that big i will know what to do ...thanks guys you Rock

Top Bottom