How Long To Veg ?

• Thread starter Grower420UK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Hi all new to the indoor growing I’ve got 2 600w hps lamps in a 1.2x2.4 tent I got 10 ladies in there they are 3 weeks old how much longer should I veg for before switching 12/12 they are in batmix soil in using plant magic old time grow atm thanks in advance

How long to veg
How long to veg 2
How long to veg 3
Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Forgot to say they are shinning silver haze ( royal queen seeds )

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

IMO, WAY too many plants in a small area..I flip according to height (usually 18" according to strain) and not time..I only flower a plant when I see alternating nodes, and I have taken cuttings for clones.
I overstuff my 3x3x6 tent with 4 plants under about 500 true watts of LED. Harvests have been averaging about 4.5 ounces per plant according to strain..
Alternating nodes

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

4523C127 85FD 4AAC 95DB 7554E3B2E9CC
ok that’s good to know they are starting that now with the alternating but they are only about 25cm tall saids that they are 10 week flowering when I switch will they stretch more ? was going to leave them for another 2 weeks veg then switch here is a pic of them today

F6C3D1DA D09F 4C59 9FC0 81B540DF66F6
EE472AA5 71FA 434A 8D07 B259BF9FF302
E7EEFF11 C7DA 4D8C BC0A 888672BC02C6
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Luckily they look Indica leaning (broad leaves, short and bushy) but when they flower..You never know..Indicas usually stretch 1-2x depending on strain and Sativa leaning..LOL..some grow over 3 ft indoors with supercropping and all.
Before you flower..I suggest remove a few inner fan leaves to permit air flow and light penetration..They will really thicken back up after the stretch so watch out for Powdery Mold (PM)..Cannabis leaves sweat and if they touch each other..wet spots will happen.
If you look at the picture..I had no idea that the Cheese on the left would get that tall and I beat the crap out of them too..LOL
The others are staying pretty short and TG, I use separate lights so I can raise and lower as needed:)
BTW: Scrogging in that small of an area will produce massive bushiness and I would not attempt floweringmore than 1 plant..
My 3x3x6 is too crowded as is, but I like to grow many strains at once..I removed my scrog to permit me to overstuffed (remember, you still have to water and tend to the plants)..I also began growing a few Regulars and if they turn out to be males..everything has to be rearranged..(My yields avg about 4.5 ounces per plant so I have more than enough..Quality is what counts IMO.
5 days ago:
1 30 18 1

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Luckily they look Indica leaning (broad leaves, short and bushy) but when they flower..You never know..Indicas usually stretch 1-2x depending on strain and Sativa leaning..LOL..some grow over 3 ft indoors with supercropping and all.
Before you flower..I suggest remove a few inner fan leaves to permit air flow and light penetration..They will really thicken back up after the stretch so watch out for Powdery Mold (PM)..Cannabis leaves sweat and if they touch each other..wet spots will happen.
If you look at the picture..I had no idea that the Cheese on the left would get that tall and I beat the crap out of them too..LOL
The others are staying pretty short and TG, I use separate lights so I can raise and lower as needed:)
BTW: Scrogging in that small of an area will produce massive bushiness and I would not attempt floweringmore than 1 plant..
My 3x3x6 is too crowded as is, but I like to grow many strains at once..I removed my scrog to permit me to overstuffed (remember, you still have to water and tend to the plants)..I also began growing a few Regulars and if they turn out to be males..everything has to be rearranged..(My yields avg about 4.5 ounces per plant so I have more than enough..Quality is what counts IMO.
5 days ago:
View attachment 776065
When should I remove some of the fan leaves and how many ? Sorry so new to the indoor growing lol

Rcubed

Rcubed

Hi all new to the indoor growing I’ve got 2 600w hps lamps in a 1.2x2.4 tent I got 10 ladies in there they are 3 weeks old how much longer should I veg for before switching 12/12 they are in batmix soil in using plant magic old time grow atm thanks in advance
Wow that's a lot of lighting for such a small space. How are you able to keep your temps down? Even 1 600 HPS would be tough for me to deal with in that space. You'll have to move a heck of a lot of air through there to survive IMO

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Wow that's a lot of lighting for such a small space. How are you able to keep your temps down? Even 1 600 HPS would be tough for me to deal with in that space. You'll have to move a heck of a lot of air through there to survive IMO
It’s 1.2 m x 2.4m I do have a big exhaust outlet fan my room temp is usually 28 degrees

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

When should I remove some of the fan leaves and how many ? Sorry so new to the indoor growing lol
We cannot post links on the forum, but if you go to growweedeasy.com..google defoliation, supercropping, LST, etc..The site is run by a lady named Nebula Haze and she is amazing..She also has a great FREE newsletter..Personally, I only defol maybe 5 leaves at a time in your stage to open things up..(You should be able to see light shining thru the canopy to the soil below)..this is again a controversial issue to say the least (in flower anyway). I remove the lower larf and lower Fan leaves just before I flip..We all do it differently..see what works best for you.. Most strains stop promoting leaf growth and concentrate energy on buds at about 3 weeks in (stretching stops)..Then I only remove the dead stuff and bend light hogs out of the way..If need be, I tie them up.

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

We cannot post links on the forum, but if you go to growweedeasy.com..google defoliation, supercropping, LST, etc..The site is run by a lady named Nebula Haze and she is amazing..She also has a great FREE newsletter..Personally, I only defol maybe 5 leaves at a time in your stage to open things up..(You should be able to see light shining thru the canopy to the soil below)..this is again a controversial issue to say the least (in flower anyway). I remove the lower larf and lower Fan leaves just before I flip..We all do it differently..see what works best for you.. Most strains stop promoting leaf growth and concentrate energy on buds at about 3 weeks in (stretching stops)..Then I only remove the dead stuff and bend light hogs out of the way..If need be, I tie them up.
Thanks very much I’ll post some updated pics in a week or so when I sort it all out

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

When I switch to 12/12 how long after should I use bloomer booster ? I have got plant magic old time bloomer and pk 4-8 my flower time is meant to be 9-11 weeks according to seed bank

5E4E0C38 9256 4CDD 99B3 C5FD99E9FB5D
B

brimck325

you might benefit from staying with just base nutes until u get a better grip on growing. learn what the plants need first. you can get great yields and quality without the snake oils.

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

you might benefit from staying with just base nutes until u get a better grip on growing. learn what the plants need first. you can get great yields and quality without the snake oils.
So would you say to just use the bloom rather than bloom and booster

B

brimck325

i would suggest it, but thats just my opinion. lot of guys start off using all kinds of crap and do well, but u can do great without the extra. i've been indoors for 10 years, i use flora micro n bloom for last 3 and flora nova bloom before that…..from seedling to harvest, KISS.

Top Bottom