How Long To Veg ?

• Thread starter Grower420UK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grower420UK

Grower420UK

We cannot post links on the forum, but if you go to growweedeasy.com..google defoliation, supercropping, LST, etc..The site is run by a lady named Nebula Haze and she is amazing..She also has a great FREE newsletter..Personally, I only defol maybe 5 leaves at a time in your stage to open things up..(You should be able to see light shining thru the canopy to the soil below)..this is again a controversial issue to say the least (in flower anyway). I remove the lower larf and lower Fan leaves just before I flip..We all do it differently..see what works best for you.. Most strains stop promoting leaf growth and concentrate energy on buds at about 3 weeks in (stretching stops)..Then I only remove the dead stuff and bend light hogs out of the way..If need be, I tie them up.
Here’s some pics I took today took some of the leaves off to get more light through the plant tell me what you think

42DEA219 9478 4114 91D3 98C2A701C93A
32BBDB4A 1FDC 4296 87ED D1CD4ABF6440
52153A96 369E 473D 9B79 2F5C1CB4518A
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Here’s some pics I took today took some of the leaves off to get more light through the plant tell me what you think
Much better..the air and light will now get thru to the lower areas..

Keep on top of it since the plants will re-leaf very fast until about 3 weeks into flower, when energy is used for buds..These weeds amaze me with their ability to fix themselves almost overnight:)
Again, different opinions on this, but I completely stop taking anything that is still alive after 3 weeks in, to allow the plants to feed on the leaves when they are unable to root feed (late in life)

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Keep on top of it since the plants will re-leaf very fast until about 3 weeks into flower, when energy is used for buds..These weeds amaze me with their ability to fix themselves almost overnight:)
Again, different opinions on this, but I completely stop taking anything that is still alive after 3 weeks in, to allow the plants to feed on the leaves when they are unable to root feed (late in life)
Appreciate that buddy I’m going to leave them for another 2 weeks before I flip 12/12 and I definitely will keep a eye on them leaves thanks again

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Here’s a few pics I took today got a few with lights off and on done some low stress training today too let me know what you think

BC04CA1D 1E0A 4128 BD3B E5713399C968
265E8422 767F 4844 8A53 4855F3A7651B
8A6A240D EBD8 422B AFA3 EC8F3D2C4201
366CA26B 4DEF 46D0 A48B 51E8D141E428
5461F540 E892 46D2 94E6 61A0CCF633C9
39137000 94EB 40F0 A327 E5ED84C16526
EDC2E5C9 0EE6 42CD 8905 0BED4A65E226
77CE0A30 6A94 4CEE A13F D4F897FF1675
6AF879CE DBBE 4ADC A689 F35811C689FB
DC5658D8 906C 4065 BC40 F877C100F840
7339657A 36C0 4887 98B0 070419A6E40B
CBE750F3 1405 47F6 B3EF D00881B89649
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I would move your fan away from the plants a bit..you want a SLIGHT breeze and do not want wind burn on leaves/buds.
Plants look very healthy and the LST is a good way to open things up too..

This is a VERY small thing, but if your drip pans don't have little ribs on the floor, place something very thin under the fabric pots to permit airflow from underneath..Fabric pots are the only way to fly IMO.
For this reason I buy the Hydrofarm..a few $$ more but they last forever.
Snap1

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

I would move your fan away from the plants a bit..you want a SLIGHT breeze and do not want wind burn on leaves/buds.

This is a VERY small thing, but if your drip pans don't have little ribs on the floor, place something very thin under the fabric pots to permit airflow from underneath..Fabric pots are the only way to fly IMO.
View attachment 776649
There’s no where else I can put the fan if I’m honest I’ll try rearranging things in the tent tomorrow and I’ll put up a pic thanks for the advice really appreciate it

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

There’s no where else I can put the fan if I’m honest I’ll try rearranging things in the tent tomorrow and I’ll put up a pic thanks for the advice really appreciate it
Up higher..Too much wind is bud for plants and trichomes too...
You could get a also just get a VERY cheap 6" Wally World ($10) fan that has a hi/low speed switch should be easier on the plants..I use 3 of them..

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Up higher..Too much wind is bud for plants and trichomes too...
You could get a also just get a VERY cheap 6" Wally World ($10) fan that has a hi/low speed switch should be easier on the plants..I use 3 of them..
I’ve got 2 clip on monkey fans in each corner but doesn’t seem to get all my plants that’s why I got the bigger one could I possibly hang it at the top of the ten facing down on them ?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

As long as you can see leaves rustling in the breeze..all is good..Since there is not an oscillating fan(?), I would alter the direction slightly every once in a while. MJ plants sweat fluid and the leaves will stick together unless there is a breeze flowing. This should help prevent PM (powdery mold) as well as discouraging some bugs. It also helps the plants develop sturdy stems for the bud weight yet to come (I also use Silica supplement up until the last 3-4 weeks). Plants looking great;))

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

As long as you can see leaves rustling in the breeze..all is good..Since there is not an oscillating fan(?), I would alter the direction slightly every once in a while. MJ plants sweat fluid and the leaves will stick together unless there is a breeze flowing. This should help prevent PM (powdery mold) as well as discouraging some bugs. It also helps the plants develop sturdy stems for the bud weight yet to come (I also use Silica supplement up until the last 3-4 weeks). Plants looking great;))
What’s silica ? And the big fan is oscillating and I got 2 small clip on fans in each corner here’s a pic and another question when would you flip to 12/12 I’m thinking in just over a weeks time ? As they are a 10-11 week flowering

18579561 C02A 4C6C B170 6405A0B311CF
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Silica is one of the most abundant minerals on the Earth and is present in almost all soil..By supplementing additional Silica, I find my stems, branches etc are stronger, tolerate heat better, and some some say, makes a bug's life MUCH harder when they attack.
Google "Silica for plants"..It is relatively inexpensive and readily available all over (Amazon, Ebay, etc).
I always stop treating with it about 5 weeks into flower.
Deciding when to flip Photos is the grower's choice..After sexual maturity..More Veg time = bigger plants= better yields. Again, IMO it is more a matter of how tall you want the plants to get as they stretch in flower. Usually stretching is over by week 3..BUT some plants come back stretching after a brief pause. Just try to plan on having the plants grow into the scrog..Then you can lollipop everything underneath letting the plants focus on buds:)

You have plenty of air from what you say (run all on low speed.)..I forgot..is there an exhaust fan as well? (Mine is a 430cuft per minute that I have turned down a bit (+ my little 6" fans in 3x3x6 ft tent)

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Silica is one of the most abundant minerals on the Earth and is present in almost all soil..By supplementing additional Silica, I find my stems, branches etc are stronger, tolerate heat better, and some some say, makes a bug's life MUCH harder when they attack.
Google "Silica for plants"..It is relatively inexpensive and readily available all over (Amazon, Ebay, etc).
Deciding when to flip Photos is the grower's choice..After sexual maturity..More Veg time = bigger plants= better yields. Again, IMO it is more a matter of how tall you want the plants to get as they stretch in flower. Usually stretching is over by week 3..BUT some plants come back stretching after a brief pause. Just try to plan on having the plants grow into the scrog..Then you can lollipop everything underneath letting the plants focus on buds:)

You have plenty of air from what you say (run all on low speed.)..I forgot..is there an exhaust fan as well? (Mine is a 430cuft per minute that I have turned down a bit (+ my little 6" fans in 3x3x6 ft tent)
Yes I have a exhaust fan too here’s a pic they are all on low setting

25ACC0E9 AA7B 4110 B717 3F07A74FC3AC
Grower420UK

Grower420UK

View attachment 776649
And I do have the same treys as you with the little groves on the bottom so air can get under the fabric pots

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

And the silica do you just mix that in with the feed ?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

And the silica do you just mix that in with the feed ?
I am using General Hydro liquid Silica (mostly because it is cheap, and I know Monsanto owns it..BLEH to Monsanto.
I mix it in every other watering soil grow(not the nutes though..IDK why, but I do it that way). I read somewhere than Silica mixed with something else can cause a bad reaction, so better safe than sorry.
And as always with weed..LESS IS MORE!! I also read to cut it out before the end of flower or it might impart a taste..I have never tasted anything strange, so I guess all is good.
It does really work as I now have trouble supercropping earlier than before (sometimes I need a pliers to supercrop..LOL)

Bug season in Nevada USA is fast approaching and I always get a few nasties trying for a free meal..This seems to slow them down..

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

I am using General Hydro liquid Silica (mostly because it is cheap, and I know Monsanto owns it..BLEH to Monsanto.
I mix it in every other watering soil grow(not the nutes though..IDK why, but I do it that way). I read somewhere than Silica mixed with something else can cause a bad reaction, so better safe than sorry.
And as always with weed..LESS IS MORE!! I also read to cut it out before the end of flower or it might impart a taste..I have never tasted anything strange, so I guess all is good.
It does really work as I now have trouble supercropping earlier than before (sometimes I need a pliers to supercrop..LOL)

Bug season in Nevada USA is fast approaching and I always get a few nasties trying for a free meal..This seems to slow them down..
I brought some this morning pic updates in about a hour and half of the ladies

CDC2DBA9 309D 4A13 A080 AAE30E91E7B2
Top Bottom