How Much Light Is Too Much?

• Thread starter budhaboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budhaboy

budhaboy

48x24x60 inch tent. How much light is too much? Im looking for some affordable light sets(led), but Im wondering is there a point in which too much light becomes a bad thing?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
48x24x60 inch tent. How much light is too much? Im looking for some affordable light sets(led), but Im wondering is there a point in which too much light becomes a bad thing?

You will know it's too much light when you are having a hard time keeping temps down. Even with adequate exhaust ventilation.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hiya budhaboy! Light bleaching is another instance where you know you've pushed the envelope too far. As you know, I've never done tent growing, but I have caused bleaching using a 600W HPS on a mover. Taking it off the mover stopped the bleaching.

In the meantime, yes, there's a point at which there's too much light and it can cause a host of weird things to happen.

budhaboy

budhaboy

So I guess a Gianor 1000 watt fixtue is overboard then, huh?

Anyone ever heard of Vipaspectra?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Simple answer is yes there is such a thing.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
So I guess a Gianor 1000 watt fixtue is overboard then, huh?

Anyone ever heard of Vipaspectra?
that would depend on your cooling and ventilation setup

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

As long as you can maintain a good distance between your canopy and the light, and you can control the temperature you should be good.
Light bleaching or heat stress could be a first sign of problems

Top Bottom