How to find a MMJ friendly renter?

• Thread starter el_tenador
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

Learn from my mistakes. . . If the landlords are mega religious christians and tell you they don't approve of cannabis, DO NOT RENT. I thought I could just do it anyways, that was a shitstorm. They had the other tenant (shared property, 2 houses on it) spying on me and liked to drop by unannounced several times a month. There was a lot more to it, I was monitored before this via cell phone and set-up to rent this house as a honeypot trap and stupid me disregarded so many things that should have been red flags.

N

newguy2014

hey ran into this thread. everything is very helpful. im in socal trying to find myself a place. dont know where to start. i see alot of people say to try and find someything with a basement.
im having issues locating any options with a basement.
is there any safe way to run a small project in a apartment? or is this just a bad idea?

and if a house what are some things i should stay away from? or what are the things i should look for ?
my situation is i have to be out of my current apt by the 31st which is less then a month away.

i would love finding a friendly landlord but just dont think itll be too smart to tell them up front.

is calling a realtor and telling them that i need some room to grow a bad idea?
if so is it a bad idea to call them and have them help me find something?

thanks guys for the feedback . i hope i get lucky and will keep you posted

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have never seen a home in SoCal with a basement, it's very unusual to see. In fact, the home we're in now is the very first time in my life I've lived in a home with a basement.

I would not ask a rental agency or a Realtor about finding a place to grow unless you know them well, personally.

I'm a former landlord to a grower, so I'm not comfortable telling people how to go about finding a place. :)

straincreation

straincreation

are you looking to grow inside or out?
If inside I would try and find a property with a basement or even an outbuilding but a basement would be better.

If outside tell them you are looking for a place to grow a veggie garden and if that's ok.

For security purposes it might be a good idea to have a small veggi garden as a cover up for landlords and neighbors.
I do yhis exact thing and I start my veggie plants indoors under t5 and move um outside, it gives me reason to have all the garden gear I have, lugging bags of soil around with no outsids garden gets pretty suspicious. I keep up my property up and no one knows I grow cannabis. Well as far as I know been doing this for years. Even when I was in an apartment growing I kept some window plants oustide. Its all to show you have reason for lugging all this stuff around your property. Good luckhappy farmin;)

N

newguy2014

Ok so looks of it I won't have much luck finding a basement.
I guess I may have to rent an 2 be apartment.
Maybe just convert the two rooms into the grow setup.
That is if I have a restroom to access in the general living area.

Any suggestions with the most cost effective way I should do an apartment setup.
We can say only 1 room for now and depending on what I actually find.

BigBen207

BigBen207

Most places in portland are rented put by port property management (that's who I'm currently renting from) they seem to own everything there and charge a lot for tiny places and have specific rental prequalifications. Such as 2 years previous land lord references and you have to have a gross income of 2.5x the rental price... I didn't meet these qualifications so I'm actually subletting my place from a friend who moved in with their boyfriend and pay her and they don't know I'm there... so I'm not growing at this location I'm doing it about 30 mins. north which is a pain in the ass. Like I said before I would look in south portland, westbrook, freeport, Windham, cape elizabeth (expensive as fuck)
I looked for a long time on craigslist and couldn't find anything I really liked that's why I tended up taking my friends and because it helped her out.
I live in Raymond. I like to use winter rentals in the Lakes Region because they are usually fairly secluded, cheap as Hell(6-1200$/month) for two and three bedroom places. And usually there is a lake Or pond access or frontage so you can smoke Fatties while ice fishing lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom