how to use hygrozyme????

• Thread starter spreadhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

spreadhead

i grow under a 150hps in a cabinet. i have been growing dreamgoddess for several yeas taking a clone of a clone. when cloning back in the last month of 08 i could not get anything rooted. at this same time i lost 3 out of 4 flowering attempts due to a root problem. i had 4 plants survive grown together in a 4 gallon cat litter container with 4 airstones in a dwc. these plants made it a provided me a great harvest in march 09. i revegged the plants and lost one in the process. i just started flowering the three and looking at the roots, the new growth are at the bottom and their are a lot of dead roots in between. i ordered hygrozyme to help break down old root mass. my h2o temps can creep to 80 but i keep frozen water bottles in the container to control temps.

i am reading that hygrozyme can promote the slime attack...the one that i am trying to prevent by using hygrozyme. these are very special plants that i do nnot want to loose. i am doubting even now adding this.
any recommendations. like as a 24 hr flush.

lastly, i have been adding EA and EN and i think i have had remarkable resuls with fighting off the slime.

any recommendations?

F

FastForward

The temps are key to keeping the slime away.....if you can afford it I'd get a chiller if your temps are regularly over 80, or switch to coco :)

As for the plant, it might have lost vigour over many years cloning. I don't think you can revive it, but you can at least keep a mum from here on - if it's not too late. I'm sure someone with way more experience than me will chime in shortly.....

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
I think H2O2 is what you need to add to control the slime. Remember you have to wait up to 30 minutes after adding H2O2 before adding nutes and additives. There are other additives for this problem such as Hydroguard from Botanicare. Hygrozyme is excellent stuff and I recommend using it. However, it isn't the best choice root rot. Hope this helps.

B

bicycle racer

how would enzymes promote root rot? as they break down rotten dead and dying organic matter. never heard of hygrozyme causing this.

B

bicycle racer

h202 works well as it has a highly oxidative effect on any organic matter there fore killing bacteria and fungus in the right dosage but does change ph.

S

spreadhead

thanks all..bicycle racer i have read so much conflicting info on hygrozyme....i have used my fair share of h202. i do not have slime now...i did and it wiped out whole garden except these 4 now 3 plants. i got a beautiful harvest and revegged to save the plants now they have grown back out. in changing the water there is this massive wad of roots and i know alot are dead so i thought the hygrozyme would enhance the environment. thinking i might just stick to what has worked..the earth ambrosia earth nectar by soil secrets even though i am in h20 not soil

M

MightyStoner

Did I screw myself by buying both Hygrozyme and Aquashield(hydrogaurds new name)? Are they the same thing essentially?

N

Nts10a

If i remember correctly, you do not want to use H202 with Hygrozyme. Since Hygrozyeme promotes enzymes that will breakdown the root mass which H202 will destroy.

Fastforward, hit the nail-on-the-head. Keeping temps low (try to keep them in the low 70's) will hinder any root slime. With the addition of Hygrozyme you should see a reduction of dead root mass.

Thats the theory, anyway:talking

N

Nts10a

I almost forgot...

This has worked for me when I want to add vigor to old mothers. I self the mothers and grow new mothers from the S1 seeds. The resulting mothers show great vigor...at least for my strain, they did.

The great minds here can tell you why, because I do not know the reasoning behind this. But, at least it worked for me.

S

sativablast

yep you either use beneficial bacteria hygrzyme, canazyme etc etc or yu go h202 chem style yu cant do both cause h2o2 will kill everything living.

F

FastForward

Actually, one of the benefits of hygrozyme is that you can use it with H202 in low doses. I don't know how low that is, you'll need to find that out - but it definitely can be done. You will lose any rootzone microherd though but it's easy to kickstart a new one.

D

DeLaMedicina

so when do u use hygrozyme? can u mix it in with your nutes, or is that a no-no? i usually use bio-biz full line up are they compatible?

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Bottom line is you need a chiller ASAP ...If you cant get a chiller FASTFORWARD gave you the best advice switch to COCO ..Hygrozime is great stuff but its not going to help when your water temps are 80 degrees. Good luck ..JACK

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Why talk about alot of guesses and I thinks.........

Hygrozyme has no living bacteria in it. It is fully compatible with H202. H202 can be toxic to plants in medium to larger doses.

Your "slime" as you call it has nothing to do with hygrozyme. The slime is from high water temps and light. Granted there was a bad batch of hygrozyme a couple of years ago that killed some peoples plants. I have used this stuff for years and it is on the same level as using RO for grows IMO. Not sure? Do a side by side with or without hygrozyme and see the differences for yourself.

Aquashield (formerly Hygroguard) is live bacteria. Hygrozyme isn't. BTW if anyone is still using hygroguard then you want to throw it out. Has a shelf life of about 9 months. Aquashield has been out longer then that.

Devilrays summed up this whole thread with his one post.

Hygrozyme 5ml per gallon and keep water temps around 65.

Top Bottom