how to use hygrozyme????

• Thread starter spreadhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Let me say to each there own and I do believe people have had positive responses with it and do not not deny it.

However. To answer the question of this old post who's plants are either long dead or harvested:

How to use hygrozyme?

Put the cap back on the bottle and throw the shit away. And next time leave it on the shelf at the grow store. There are better uses of your money.

Your "slime" as you call it has nothing to do with hygrozyme. The slime is from high water temps and light.

This is the second incorrect explanation of the slime. At least in my situation. I got slimed and it was not because of light infiltration and res temps. Nothing wrong with either. Some cat over on icmag with a stickey and a big ego tried to tell me tha I got slimed because of bacteria in a municipal water supply that comes from rivers and reservoirs.

Except I'm on a well at 10,000'

Hygrozyme brings the slime under certain conditions and I have yet to see anyone on da net explain why. 'Cause every explanation I see does not address my situation or the situation of a couple other people I know.

Bottom line: Hygrozyme will slime some growers and nobody, at least post I have read, knows why.

You have x amount of dollars and have room for y amount of additives in your tank. There are better expenditures, IMO.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Let me say to each there own and I do believe people have had positive responses with it and do not not deny it.

However. To answer the question of this old post who's plants are either long dead or harvested:

How to use hygrozyme?

Put the cap back on the bottle and throw the shit away. And next time leave it on the shelf at the grow store. There are better uses of your money.

This is the second incorrect explanation of the slime. At least in my situation. I got slimed and it was not because of light infiltration and res temps. Nothing wrong with either. Some cat over on icmag with a stickey and a big ego tried to tell me tha I got slimed because of bacteria in a municipal water supply that comes from rivers and reservoirs.

Except I'm on a well at 10,000'

Hygrozyme brings the slime under certain conditions and I have yet to see anyone on da net explain why. 'Cause every explanation I see does not address my situation or the situation of a couple other people I know.

Bottom line: Hygrozyme will slime some growers and nobody, at least post I have read, knows why.

You have x amount of dollars and have room for y amount of additives in your tank. There are better expenditures, IMO.

Well if you can't tell me why then there is no way to prove that is what is causing the slime. Don't be so quick to knock an explantion when you yourself say you have no idea except "it brings the slime"

I have used Hygrozyme In DWC buckets, Soil grows, Hand feeding coco, coco on tables, dynaroks on tables, and hydroton on tables. Water temps anywhere from 65 up to 80 and above. Guess what the one thing I have never run into...........yep slime. Explain why I haven't got the slime with the same temps and system.

spreadhead said:
my h2o temps can creep to 80
As far as 80 temps in DWC thats bad. The slime is most likey your roots turning into mush. Hygrozyme does not cure root rot. It will break down the old roots and clean the healthy ones. If you are running high temps and having root rot problems then you should use Dutchmasters Zone instead of hygrozyme.

Cat Jockey said:
Some cat over on icmag with a stickey and a big ego tried to tell me tha I got slimed because of bacteria in a municipal water supply that comes from rivers and reservoirs.

Yea I'll have to agree with ya there. Thats a pretty dumb answer.

V

verticalgrower

@cat jockey

since you seem to be the most knowledgeable poster on this thread- maybe you can answer my questions-

im growing heath robinson style with a vertical octagon. My rez temps at night are 65-68(basement grow) but when the light is on, rises gradually to about 74 by the end of the light cycle. There should be no light leaks to the water as I have them sealed.

at the beginning of the 3rd week of 12/12 i used some h2o2 before the hygrozyme to kill the root rot on a few girls that had undergone a rough transplant.
a day later i drained/ refilled my rez , this time no h2o2 and instead hygrozyme to eat up the remaining dead plant matter. A couple days later and I've been slimed. All the brown rot is gone and the roots are looking white but just covered in a clear snot-like film. I almost think this is ok and normal as a result of the enzymes reaction since the roots look good, but since it looks odd, I am afraid it will cause the demise of this crop, but I don't know. Do I need to immediately flush or can I let it ride?

Another strange issue is ph. My ph has always been relatively steady, but after the 1st night of hygrozyme, the ph rose to 6.5. I see this and add the necessary 50ml of ph down to my big rez to bring the ph to 5.8. INSTEAD, 2 hours later the ph was UP from 6.5 to 6.7! I had recalibrated my ph meter to be sure it wasnt in error.

I use AN sensi a/b , big bud, bud candy, superthrive, cal-mag, and on this rez fill the hygrozyme. Im using local city water which in my state is very clean and low ppm.

Before I attempted to treat the root rot, my ph stayed steady, and my water seemed to stay cooler. Id never measured more than 72 deg. in my tubes until last night. odd. The system seemed fine for my girls before this and the rot on certain plants was because of difficult growing conditions before the transplant. Technically there should be plenty of DO in the solution from all of the waterfalls i have in my system. Im stumped and dont know what to do.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I got a question. Has anyone been slimed with RO and/or whos temps have not crept over the low 70's to high 60s like 71 or less? Seems like I see everyone is using well or city water who has been slimed.

powerplant

powerplant

@cat jockey

since you seem to be the most knowledgeable poster on this thread- maybe you can answer my questions-

im growing heath robinson style with a vertical octagon. My rez temps at night are 65-68(basement grow) but when the light is on, rises gradually to about 74 by the end of the light cycle. There should be no light leaks to the water as I have them sealed.

at the beginning of the 3rd week of 12/12 i used some h2o2 before the hygrozyme to kill the root rot on a few girls that had undergone a rough transplant.
a day later i drained/ refilled my rez , this time no h2o2 and instead hygrozyme to eat up the remaining dead plant matter. A couple days later and I've been slimed. All the brown rot is gone and the roots are looking white but just covered in a clear snot-like film. I almost think this is ok and normal as a result of the enzymes reaction since the roots look good, but since it looks odd, I am afraid it will cause the demise of this crop, but I don't know. Do I need to immediately flush or can I let it ride?

Another strange issue is ph. My ph has always been relatively steady, but after the 1st night of hygrozyme, the ph rose to 6.5. I see this and add the necessary 50ml of ph down to my big rez to bring the ph to 5.8. INSTEAD, 2 hours later the ph was UP from 6.5 to 6.7! I had recalibrated my ph meter to be sure it wasnt in error.

I use AN sensi a/b , big bud, bud candy, superthrive, cal-mag, and on this rez fill the hygrozyme. Im using local city water which in my state is very clean and low ppm.

Before I attempted to treat the root rot, my ph stayed steady, and my water seemed to stay cooler. Id never measured more than 72 deg. in my tubes until last night. odd. The system seemed fine for my girls before this and the rot on certain plants was because of difficult growing conditions before the transplant. Technically there should be plenty of DO in the solution from all of the waterfalls i have in my system. Im stumped and dont know what to do.

Exact same shit happen to me in veg....added Hydrozyme PH went down then back up. 24hrs later Slime City!

C

CAPO

IMVHO...Hygrozyme is best suited for organic soil growers such as myself.

I find I can use less nutes and get bigger plants.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Well if you can't tell me why then there is no way to prove that is what is causing the slime.

That is some pretty flawed logic there dude. Because you do not know what causes an event does not mean the event did not happen.

My dogs do not know why the sun rises every day. I don't even know if they know the sun rises. But the sun rises, every fuckin' day bro.

Look around the net. There is ample evidence of people who have been slimed by Hygrozyme. I am one of them. And just because the collective of stoners who use haven't figured out why people like me have gotten slimed doesn't negate.

I am personally convinced from what I have experienced coupled with several threads I have read on more than one site of people describing the same event that Hygrozyme can bring the slime.

You don't want to suscribe to that theory, fine by me.

Don't be so quick to knock an explantion when you yourself say you have no idea except "it brings the slime"

It is not that I am quick to knock an explanation, it is that the proffered explanations are not applicable to my grow. Or some others. When I used Hygro, it wasn't my first Rodeo, there Cowboy.

I know I had no temp issues or light infiltration. Period. And, as I said, some guy wants to tell me I got slimed from muncipal water from reservoirs and rivers.

Problem here is I am on a well at 10,000'. I am about 2 fuckin' miles from the Continental Divide.

Get it? No big deal if you use and like it bro. People have had luck with it.

But the shit is expensive and people like me have been cold cocked by the shit with this funky clear slime I haven't ever seen before or since.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

I got a question. Has anyone been slimed with RO and/or whos temps have not crept over the low 70's to high 60s like 71 or less? Seems like I see everyone is using well or city water who has been slimed.

Me. I did not mention it, but the buttass cold straight from the ground water goes through an RO filter before it hits my res'. And my temps never get out of the range you are talking.

Still fuckin' slimed.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

I don't know about that, but I'll share with ya what I know.

My rez temps at night are 65-68(basement grow) but when the light is on, rises gradually to about 74 by the end of the light cycle. There should be no light leaks to the water as I have them sealed.

What color is your PVC? How big, what color and where is the res? How many watts do you have shining on the equipment that holds the nutrient solution? The radiant heat from your lamps alone can do that. I bet the whole room gets a bit warmer, not just the res, eh?

Doesn't sound like a problem there though. I personally have never had an issues with a res hitting 74 degrees. Some growers pull off some sweet shit with res temps around 80 degrees. Way too warm for my taste and inviting problems, but it is done.

almost think this is ok and normal as a result of the enzymes reaction since the roots look good, but since it looks odd, I am afraid it will cause the demise of this crop, but I don't know. Do I need to immediately flush or can I let it ride?

Not gonna lie - that fear is unfortunately rational. Roots need oxygen, which is hard to get when they are covered in slime. If you are using any other enzyme products, stop. There is more than one rootzone conditioner on the market. I am familiar with Dutch Masters Zone, but a lot of people swear by H&G Roots Excl. Zone is cheaper though and you could try that. Your other option that I consider to be more gauranteed is Physan 20.

It is time to kill shit bro. Namely a funky snotty clear slime on your roots that I would argue Hygrozyme caused.

You are growing things other than Sweet Lady Jane. Welcome to ranching. You are no longer just a plant farmer. You are now also a rancher, raising livestock in your res. Livestock being shit like the slime that is eating and shitting in your res fucking up the pH through its consumption and waste.

Little bastards are eating yer ladies food.

Your res is fucked. There is no salvaging it and you need to change it ASAP, preferably adding something like I mentioned above.

You are now in a battle of continually adding pH down. Every time you do this, the pH down buffers out a bit of your nutrients. Further, it can precipitate nutes out of your res. Most pH down contains phosphoric acid. So as the pH down disassociates when it is poured into the res, it can drop some nutes out and build up too much P in your res.

I'd drop the superthrive right now. You have enough organic material to contend with at the moment. I don't know what the nute schedule is on Big Bud and Bud Candy, but if you start a treatment and nothing changes, both of those have organic material (READ: Food for shit other than your weed), so you could roll with them for now, but be ready to drop them if your ladies start taking a down turn and you can't shake the slime.

Hope that helps.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Yo verticle grower:

After some sleep and smoking some more Sweet Lady Jane, don't fuck around. You need to get Physan ASAP as far along as yer girls are.

If you can stomach it, drop all organic based nutes until you take care of the slime. It is time to make some financial decisions as well. Meaning, potentially buying some other nutes that are strictly chem. Go with something simple and widely used so you can find out all you need to know quickly on da net. I like GH Flora for cases like this because it is tried and true, widely used and about the least expensive route. If you get the Physan going quick, you still have time for a bloom booster, so you could pick up a small bottle of Kool Bloom. Pretty sure KB is straight chem.

Don't be afraid of chemical nutes. They are not poison. They are a refined mineral, harvested by humans. Humans do sweet shit. The example I use is table salt. Table salt is nothing more than a refined mineral salt, just like what is in a bottle of GH.

I am not anti-organic, and do use some organic products, but you need to eliminate all organic material from your nutes for the rest of this crop cycle.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Me. I did not mention it, but the buttass cold straight from the ground water goes through an RO filter before it hits my res'. And my temps never get out of the range you are talking.

Still fuckin' slimed.

Well then thats out the window. No big ego's here man just trying to help solve a problem. To flawed logic I am not doubting you or anyone got slimed but I truely doubt its random. For a grower like me who's not always at his spot and can be on the lazy side and neglect a grow to almost death sometimes I just found it odd I never ran into the slime, being a religious hygrozyme user. What kind of doses were yall running when ya got the slime. Was it just in veg/flower or both?

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Well then thats out the window. No big ego's here man just trying to help solve a problem.

No worries. As I said, I know people have had good luck with it and are pleased with it. I am sure this is the majority of Hygro users. It is just a few of us that have gotten the clear mystery slime that many of us have attributed to only coming from the use of hygro.

Never before or since have some of us seen the slime. It only has happened with the use of Hygro.

j wizzle

j wizzle

Exact same shit happen to me in veg....added Hydrozyme PH went down then back up. 24hrs later Slime City!

hygro isnt suposed to affect the PH, doesnt in my stuff.

havent been slimed ever. use RO and keep my temps perfect, but cat jockey obviously has, so that cant be the issue either

If you can stomach it, drop all organic based nutes until you take care of the slime. It is time to make some financial decisions as well. Meaning, potentially buying some other nutes that are strictly chem. Go with something simple and widely used so you can find out all you need to know quickly on da net. I like GH Flora for cases like this because it is tried and true, widely used and about the least expensive route. If you get the Physan going quick, you still have time for a bloom booster, so you could pick up a small bottle of Kool Bloom. Pretty sure KB is straight chem.

Don't be afraid of chemical nutes. They are not poison. They are a refined mineral, harvested by humans. Humans do sweet shit. The example I use is table salt. Table salt is nothing more than a refined mineral salt, just like what is in a bottle of GH.

I am not anti-organic, and do use some organic products, but you need to eliminate all organic material from your nutes for the rest of this crop cycle.

i think the problem is right here. i think its great in chemical setups. most people who have had a bad experience that ive read about are using organic nutes.

i run GH and my roots are super white, super healthy, and im somewhat lazy with the PH & nutes changes being done on schedule.

GRAPEGODaero

GRAPEGODaero

Im a nobody here but otganics should stick with soil. Hydroponics and organic should never mix. Its kind of an oxymoron.

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

I don't know about that, but I'll share with ya what I know.

What color is your PVC? How big, what color and where is the res? How many watts do you have shining on the equipment that holds the nutrient solution? The radiant heat from your lamps alone can do that. I bet the whole room gets a bit warmer, not just the res, eh?

Doesn't sound like a problem there though. I personally have never had an issues with a res hitting 74 degrees. Some growers pull off some sweet shit with res temps around 80 degrees. Way too warm for my taste and inviting problems, but it is done.

Not gonna lie - that fear is unfortunately rational. Roots need oxygen, which is hard to get when they are covered in slime. If you are using any other enzyme products, stop. There is more than one rootzone conditioner on the market. I am familiar with Dutch Masters Zone, but a lot of people swear by H&G Roots Excl. Zone is cheaper though and you could try that. Your other option that I consider to be more gauranteed is Physan 20.

It is time to kill shit bro. Namely a funky snotty clear slime on your roots that I would argue Hygrozyme caused.

You are growing things other than Sweet Lady Jane. Welcome to ranching. You are no longer just a plant farmer. You are now also a rancher, raising livestock in your res. Livestock being shit like the slime that is eating and shitting in your res fucking up the pH through its consumption and waste.

Little bastards are eating yer ladies food.

Your res is fucked. There is no salvaging it and you need to change it ASAP, preferably adding something like I mentioned above.

You are now in a battle of continually adding pH down. Every time you do this, the pH down buffers out a bit of your nutrients. Further, it can precipitate nutes out of your res. Most pH down contains phosphoric acid. So as the pH down disassociates when it is poured into the res, it can drop some nutes out and build up too much P in your res.

I'd drop the superthrive right now. You have enough organic material to contend with at the moment. I don't know what the nute schedule is on Big Bud and Bud Candy, but if you start a treatment and nothing changes, both of those have organic material (READ: Food for shit other than your weed), so you could roll with them for now, but be ready to drop them if your ladies start taking a down turn and you can't shake the slime.

Hope that helps.
why the would you use physan 20? It's very toxic stuff! Lol...it's only for ornamentals.....i quoted the Right member but wrong post....oh, well...

Just another grower slimed from the use of Hygrozyme.
Switched to DM zone, no slime now.

What medium are you using DM zone in?

Top Bottom