I Have Finally Decided On My Setup. Or Have I.

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

I have a 4 x 4 tent running a 6 inch scrubber.

I have a 20 x 36 inch tent running a 4 inch scrubber.

I currently use a 315 CMH for the 4 x 4. It works good. Great actually but I want to change it to something else.

I will run the 2VL timber and I will order a 3VL timber in 3k on either and at 3500 in the middle (the 2vl is all 3500k) and put them both in the 4 x 4. I need room for a stand up fan and stuff so this should fit the rest well.

I will get a 135 quantum in 4k and use that in my small tent to veg and make a perpetual 12/12 in the small one. Introduce a plant when its ready and have a harvest every 4 weeks.

I will run 2 solution tanks for the perpetual flower and keep 1 tank and pot for the veg tent. I think it will make it work.

TADA. I think that sounds pretty good to me. I can dry it in the garage it will be legal. I can sort that out later.

The bulb busting in my house unnerves me. The veros do not. I can dial them to 400 watts if i want i will have adquate coverage and the ability to have variable heights in my flower tent.

It is also very little investment. A 135 board and a 3VL and i can sell my spares and get both with a 200 in my pocket

WIN WIN WIN I say.

Thanks for all of the guidance everyone. I have read a lot in the forums. I think for me perpetual flower makes it a lot easier.

If you were to use a 3VL (3 veros at 100 watts each) for a flower tent and you had a 2 vero fixture at 3500k what would you get the 3VL at?

Maybe 3k on either end a 1750 in the middle?

gwheels

gwheels

Yes a 30 day harvest. I can use 1 tent to just veg and have 1 in transition and 2 after transition. The 3 fixture cob is for the 2 plants that are in flower after transition.

gwheels

gwheels

I wrote it wrong. I will make a perpetual 18/6 in the small tent with the 135 quantum board in 4k. I will use the 4 x 4 tent with a 2 VL and a 3VL fixture. The 2VL fixture is at 3500k so i can use that for the transition period and then flower 2 under the 3VL after that transition.
1 autopot reservoir will be transition nutes. 1 will be flower nutes and i can hand water the veg one in the small tent :D

gwheels

gwheels

2700 3000 2700 That is how i will get it. IT will then be 2700 3000 and 3500 cobs
Or i could do 1750 2700 1750. ?

sixstring

sixstring

just keep this in mind.if you have a 2 x 2 tent and put 3 x 3000k and 3 x 3500k cobs in there the overall spectrum will be damn near 3250k in the tent lol. and 32350k of cob spectrum prob still has more blue than a 4200k cmh lamp

gwheels

gwheels

Thanks. 2700 1750 2700 is what i will get. That will bring it to a flower tent better and it covers a broad spectrum of temp.

gwheels

gwheels

The 135 watt quantum board in 4k left growers house today. It should be here right on time to check it out for the plants i will put outdoors. :) I might have to save that growbox for one more trial before selling it.

And I an run the 315 CMH in 3k and the 200 watts of vero in 3500k to achieve my original purpose. Then when i sell spares I will rethink my tents. Next week I am going to start building an actual room and have the tent in the room so I can have a veg and a flower tent in the same place.

And the reservoirs out of the tent to keep them cooler and easier to get at for PH testing and water top ups.

It is coming together nicely.

gwheels

gwheels

Oh if my stuff doesnt sell i am getting a 3 x3. I have more lights than tents at the moment. :D

gwheels

gwheels

And now the final change.....I will run the 315 CMH (3k bulb) with the 200 watt vero cob (3500k) in my 4 x 4.

I will run my 135 watt quantum 4k in my 5 square foot tent. I will veg everything in the small tent and then move it to the 4 x 4.
I had the quantum board in my grow box but it was way too hot for that so now my grow box (AKA the sprouter) is using my 100 watt mars blurple on veg setting which is 65 watts and it is cool enough to work with a clip fan.

Next indoor round will be 2 autopots on a single reservoir and a GH waterfarm and a 5 gallon bubble bucket. That will start sprouting late July. I have until then with the current run. This way i can see how the DWC works before i invest in a system. Because i think that may be the way to go to max out that 4 x 4. And shave off 2 to 3 weeks total grow time.

I will run 2 strains one of each in the autopot and one in the bubble bucket or waterfarm.

gwheels

gwheels

The 550 watt MCOB sold for 600. Not too shabby. I might have to get a 4k bulb for the 315. The rest is saved for future expenses and I will keep my other gear. That stupid cash crop is good for starting flowers or tomatos so at least i can use it for something. The grandmas secret garden is a good little starter for cannabis. :D

Top Bottom