I Need Some Help

• Thread starter Ethanb11290
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Ethanb11290

my plants are about a week apart and they both seem stunted. The one with more leaves is 2 weeks and the other about 1 week. Keep in mind this is my first grow. I feel they shoUld be much bigger. I have everything needed to grow successfully. I’m wondering if it’s just the seeds being they came from bag Weed. I need some help to figure this

I need some help
I need some help 2
I need some help 3
Dan789

Dan789

Seedlings need more RH, try a “baggy” over the top of the cups or pots their in. A little spritzing (the tops, under the baggy) with water every so often may help along with the baggy. Hard to see from the pic how tall they are, especially the older one but they don’t look too bad.
Welcome to the farm, btw.

E

Ethanb11290

Seedlings need more RH, try a “baggy” over the top of the cups or pots their in. A little spritzing (the tops, under the baggy) with water every so often may help along with the baggy. Hard to see from the pic how tall they are, especially the older one but they don’t look too bad.
Thanks man. They are about 3 inches maybe. Okay I’ll try that.

BDGrows

BDGrows

What is your medium, what is the pH of the said medium (as well as runoff if not in a Hydro set up), and finally; it looks like you have a little nute burn on the one with more sets. Are you feeding it nutes or?

- BD

M

MamaBear

Give them some time. Seedlings can slow down or seem to stop growing for a while - usually means they are growing roots. They need a good root system before they can explode with green growth up top. They are still growing - just not where you can see it.

E

Ethanb11290

Here’s an update. They seem to be doing well. I’m just trying to figure out why they are so short and compact

C3A3BD78 B958 4A70 ABFF F52C35739179
304AF75C C692 4901 9C83 C58737B08221
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Short and compact is good. Your seedlings are fine. The fact that they aren't stretching just means they are getting plenty of light.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I disagree. Seedlings need no special humidity, in my 40 years of experience. 40% is fine. Perhaps you are thinking of rooting cones?

As I said in my other post, these seedlings look perfectly fine to me.

M

MamaBear

Because they are so close to the light. If you want taller plants, lift your lights.
I veg mine under T5's in the beginning for just this reason, keeps them short with lots of nodes - then toss them out to the greenhouse and watch them explode.
They look great!

hillbil

hillbil

Blurple (blue-red) LEDs tend to make for very compact seedlings. Been their in the past. Raising the light will help though.

Top Bottom