I Want To Donate An Entire Grow To Veterans With P.t.s.d.

• Thread starter FreeRadical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

But when you get kicked out of the VA, most time any and all bennies (med care, checks) also get cut off as well.

Freshone

Freshone

What the original poster might not know is alot of us have been doing this for years,there are even organizations that distribute it for you,look up WFWP(weed for warriors project)on Instagram.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I think many people are confused on how the VA operates but either way its not important here. When do people get pissed tested with the VA though? Even if they found THC in your system? Then what? No opiates? red flagged?
THey aren't going to touch your disability as long as you are in the system already.

I am a veteran with PTSD and I really like what it is you are trying to do. I do however think HIPA should be considered.
Personally, I would like to teach other veterans to grow their own quality medicine, because the gardening portion is very much a part of the benefits of this plant for me.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
But when you get kicked out of the VA, most time any and all bennies (med care, checks) also get cut off as well.
They fucked with my buddies check so bad it made him feel like a crack head waiting for welfare.. he said fuck them all... started smoking weed... got an ok job.. never looked back.
Pretty sad when someone works for the gov.. gets hurt while working then the gov screws the person over. One check would be short.. then the next check would come 6 weeks later still short, then they might skip a month.... fuck our government. You know... i swore an oath to protect our country but now im not so sure if its worth protecting. Its kinda like waiting for the roman empire to crumble... we have so many fat, lazy, slaves and theyre having children way too fast.

Sorry for the rant... i just hate how the government treats vets.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I think many people are confused on how the VA operates but either way its not important here. When do people get pissed tested with the VA though? Even if they found THC in your system? Then what? No opiates? red flagged?

I am a veteran with PTSD and I really like what it is you are trying to do. I do however think HIPA should be considered.
Personally, I would like to teach other veterans to grow their own quality medicine, because the gardening portion is very much a part of the benefits of this plant for me.
That was my gig for a while... i would try to supply all they needed but i was always pushing them to grow their own. Something about the whole growing process does as much good as the medicine itself.

Freshone

Freshone

Some can grow their own and some can't,depends on the situation.We recently set up a grow that was completely wheelchair accessible for one guy.Each guy tends a 4x8 to grow his own meds and is responsible to help 2 others who can't help themselves due to many reasons.I was never military myself but I love and respect those guys,we are all just infidels and I stand with them.
Visit and support your local VFW even if it's just for a Friday fish fry and meet some real heroes.

FreeRadical

FreeRadical

I got my buddy kicked off his va benefits and he could be happier
What state did that happen in. In the state of Washington I currently have cannabis written into my medical record at the VA and the only problem I have had so far is they wont prescribe my pain medicine. Personally I am not getting a disibility income from them yet though as far as I am aware using cannabis for seizures like I am doing at least at the VA I go to is not allowed to be discriminated over. That doesnt mean that some doctors still dont treat me as well as others just that no one can outright take anything other than effective pain management through opiods away from me. Currently I am training to become a Veterans Outreach Coordinator and I would be very willing to let your buddy ask questions. Send him here or better yet the forum I moderate at to talk about it. No need for names or anything unless they want me to actually look at thier file but I cant even do that on my own yet so it will be a few months before I get my own login.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
What state did that happen in. In the state of Washington I currently have cannabis written into my medical record at the VA and the only problem I have had so far is they wont prescribe my pain medicine. Personally I am not getting a disibility income from them yet though as far as I am aware using cannabis for seizures like I am doing at least at the VA I go to is not allowed to be discriminated over. That doesnt mean that some doctors still dont treat me as well as others just that no one can outright take anything other than effective pain management through opiods away from me. Currently I am training to become a Veterans Outreach Coordinator and I would be very willing to let your buddy ask questions. Send him here or better yet the forum I moderate at to talk about it. No need for names or anything unless they want me to actually look at thier file but I cant even do that on my own yet so it will be a few months before I get my own login.
Nevada about 2 years ago

iKharon

iKharon

THey aren't going to touch your disability as long as you are in the system already.

Well said! The act and art of growing is a form of therapy in its own right. Then, to enjoy the fruits of your labor.. have quality medicine.. it's a big win there. We need to put out information for quality grows on a budget and almost make it like physical therapy as far as the grow is concerned.

T

tokala

I'm a Viet Nam veteran who had PTSD when I was discharged in 1968. I struggled with those demons for about two years when a good buddy, another VN vet gave me a joint to smoke. prior to that I would close the bar every night and get home stinking drunk. I gave up drinking and within a year I was OK with the PTSD. In 2015 I had a major heart attack with 4 cardiac arrests (my main artery was 100% blocked) While being treated for my heart a nurse at the VA told me to apply for disability (I was already at 40%) because coronary artery disease, which was my diagnosis , was presumed to be cause by agent orange. I didn't have to prove it, congress had made 10 diseases from agent orange a presumptive condition of agent orange. I was given 100% permanent and total disability. My VA doctor told me that MJ would help for a few issues I had, including glaucoma in one of my eyes. Since I live in California it was easy for me to get a medical marijuana card. The disability compensation and my social security (I was 68 at the time enabled me to retire. I moved to northern california last year and can legally grow 12 plants. Half of my neighbors are commercial growers that were allowed until last summer to grow up to 99 plants. A county law passed last August makes it only legal to grow 12 on up to 20 acres and only in a greenhouse. So this year I am planning on doing my first grow in 30 years. I'd guess a dozen plants will give me enough for myself and all my friends!!!
BTW, if weed is legal either recreational or medical in your state the VA can recommend marijuana. The senate passed the bill last year. Google it. I was amazed since the VA is a federal program. My new place is off the grid with 3 acres. I am going to order a greenhouse early March since I couldn't put it up now anyway, too much snow right now (6 1/2 feet). Hoping I don't make too many or serious mistakes growing this year, this forum should help me with that.

Top Bottom