If Anyone Can Help, It Would Be Appreciated

• Thread starter McCarthy8668
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
McCarthy8668

McCarthy8668

Ok, So this is my first time growing and I will provide all the info I can possible. Someone please help me find out whats wrong with her or give me some reassurance. I am trying to do as much research as possible.

She's 3 months old.

5gallon grow bag

happy frog soil with approx 25% organic perlite

I fertilize every other Wednesday

5.5-6.5ph water

500-700ppm

in a grow tent with grow light in the images

light on for 15.5 hours a day

I only water after the soil is dry to the second nuckle, then I water until 15-20% runoff

I've pruned once.

I have on fan circulating and a fan sucking hot air out.

Is any of this normal?

I appreciate anyone's help, I truly respect the craft and feel bad about her. I wanted to keep her healthy.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated
If anyone can help it would be appreciated 2
If anyone can help it would be appreciated 3
If anyone can help it would be appreciated 4
If anyone can help it would be appreciated 5
If anyone can help it would be appreciated 6
If anyone can help it would be appreciated 7
Monster762

Monster762

Looks like it's frying. What are numbers on nutrients and strength your mixing at. And how close is the led? Def not normal. And are you misting with light on? When did this begin and what changes were made directly before this? From seed?

Monster762

Monster762

Oh and blow the fan away from it not directly on it. Make it hit a wall or 2 first. Just want a little wiggling of the plant going on.

Monster762

Monster762

Oh and blow the fan away from it not directly on it. Make it hit a wall or 2 first. Just want a little wiggling of the plant going on.
I'd point it upward facing the wall behind it in your pic. On medium in that size are not high.

McCarthy8668

McCarthy8668

Looks like it's frying. What are numbers on nutrients and strength your mixing at. And how close is the led? Def not normal. And are you misting with light on? When did this begin and what changes were made directly before this? From seed?

I don't mix anything over 700 ppm at the moment.

It's about 18 inches away from the plant or a little more.

I mist every once in a while.

I watered them with about 20% runoff 3-4 days ago and just let them be.

Opened up the tent today and this is what I saw.

and yes from seed

Monster762

Monster762

I'd back led to 30 inches or little more. see if that changes anything and point fan off of it. Look for any kind of bugs. Someone will jump on here now n blast me for mentioning bugs.

McCarthy8668

McCarthy8668

I just made the adjustments with the fan.

Should I prune the fried leaves or leave them alone?

AJGirlsGrow2

AJGirlsGrow2

I keep my LED at least 18-24 inches away. Ill just bend em down with some string if they stretch too much.

Dan789

Dan789

Wait to see if it survives, before any more trauma.
What about temps (inside the tent)and RH? Is the tent vented at all?

McCarthy8668

McCarthy8668

Wait to see if it survives, before any more trauma.
What about temps (inside the tent)and RH? Is the tent vented at all?

I appreciate everyone's help on here. Thank you first and foremost.

75-85 degrees and yes theres a fan sucking the hot air from the light out through a vent

I read somewhere that I could set my light timer to 2hours on 1 hour off, six times and then leave it off for the remaining 6 hours.

would this be a viable option?

Monster762

Monster762

75-85 degrees and yes theres a fan sucking the hot air from the light out through a vent

I read somewhere that I could set my light timer to 2hours on 1 hour off, six times and then leave it off for the remaining 6 hours.

I wouldn't do any crazy light schedules. Stick with a normal schedule. Usually 24 hrs veg( some do 18-6 veg) 12/12 flower. And I agree with dan789 on not chopping it up right now. It has enough life in it to bounce back. Normally I would say remove damaged leaves so it doesn't waste energy trying to repair but you'd have a near naked plant with no way to get the light for energy.

McCarthy8668

McCarthy8668

I wouldn't do any crazy light schedules. Stick with a normal schedule. Usually 24 hrs veg( some do 18-6 veg) 12/12 flower. And I agree with dan789 on not chopping it up right now. It has enough life in it to bounce back. Normally I would say remove damaged leaves so it doesn't waste energy trying to repair but you'd have a near naked plant with no way to get the light for energy.

right now im only giving it 15.5 hours of light. should i be giving it more?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Hey how are you doing? The problem you're having is because of your light and you're over fertilizing. Your light is a double chip with 60 degree lenses. It's inefficient and producing way too much heat your 60 degree angled lenses are very focused 18 inches is way too close to have that light especially on a plant that small and Young. You need to move it up to at least 24" or more. Feed your plant straight water for a little while and increase your air flow to keep your temps down. Put a record-keeping thermometer near the top of your plant and trying to keep your temperatures below 85.

Last edited:
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Go 18:6

McCarthy8668

McCarthy8668

Hey how are you doing? The problem you're having is because of your light and you're over fertilizing. Your light is a double chip with 60 degree lenses. It's inefficient and producing way too much heat your 60 degree angled lenses are very focused 18 inches is way too close to have that light especially on a plant that small and Young. You need to move it up to at least 24" or more. Feed your plant straight water for a little while and increase your air flow to keep your temps down. Put a record-keeping thermometer near the top of your plant and trying to keep your temperatures below 85.

Thank you for your response,

Would it be beneficial to switch back to the 2 dinky CFL bulbs I had them under during early veg?

McCarthy8668

McCarthy8668

and I'm fertilizing too much by every other week or I'm fertilizing too much by ppm?

Monster762

Monster762

and I'm fertilizing too much by every other week or I'm fertilizing too much by ppm?
I personally run 1/2 dosage on any fertilizer. My plants suck it up now and want water daily. I fertilize every 2-3 days at the least. I just started flower nutes so I'm babying them to get plants used to the high phosphorus and slowly lowering my nitrogen. I actually put a little bit of my veg fertilizer in my flowering nutes. My veg was only a 3-1-1 called plant fertelixer from Home Depot. All is on top of pre fertilized soil. Miracle grow cactus n palm with perelite n desert sand added. Being a soil that feeds for up to 6 months I use small numbers on additives. To avoid burn possibilities. My flower mix is bud blood ,rhino skin n bud candy. All 1/2 strength so far except the rhino skin. Am bumping the bud blood up slowly to get high phosphorus. And now hearing bad things about taste of bud candy so I'm probably going to lower that to none soon.

McCarthy8668

McCarthy8668

You nailed it.

Ok,

I've backed the light up to 33" from the plant. The fan is on medium bouncing off a wall giving a little jiggle to the leaves but nothing too aggressive.
I am obiously no pro, however I think the only thing I would question is wether or not to give it nutes on Wednesday considering it has been 2 weeks since last time I fertilized and haven't watered with just ph balanced water for 5 days due to the moisture in the soil.

if you're certain then I'll go with it. what are your thoughts?

Top Bottom